Let’s talk about masking up.

TheShadowKnows

11 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

That wouldn’t help the agenda.

I know that they are reporting numbers at a higher level than they actually are especially when it comes to recently contracting the virus since they are also checking for antibodies as well now.  That's a positive test, even if it's  harmless.  

I went to the Gun Show in Longview today at Maud Cobb... there were about 20 people (all wearing masks) in line to get in; 20 people, all within touching distance of one another. The closer you get to the entrance, “Social Distancing” signs became visible & a dude telling everybody to stay 6’ apart. Once you get in line to Pay to get in, everybody jams in on top of one another once more! What a freakin’ JOKE..🤬

So I just came out of Home Depot, trying to go with the flow and be considerate of others by wearing the mask. Realized when I took it off I grabbed the front. Now I suppose it's contaminated from touching everything in the store. If I put it back on I could possibly infect myself. I realize this is user error but I wonder how likely it is to spread the virus like this as opposed to nobody wearing one? I've already broken two pairs of glasses removing the over ear masks, again user error but dang this is so unnatural. I now use neck gaiters when required to mask up so no more broken glasses, but I have to question the logic behind these mandates for a virus with a low percentage death rate. Just my opinion....

34 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

So I just came out of Home Depot, trying to go with the flow and be considerate of others by wearing the mask. Realized when I took it off I grabbed the front. Now I suppose it's contaminated from touching everything in the store. If I put it back on I could possibly infect myself. I realize this is user error but I wonder how likely it is to spread the virus like this as opposed to nobody wearing one? I've already broken two pairs of glasses removing the over ear masks, again user error but dang this is so unnatural. I now use neck gaiters when required to mask up so no more broken glasses, but I have to question the logic behind these mandates for a virus with a low percentage death rate. Just my opinion....

I wear one when I CHOOSE to; I will not be back in Walmart until they drop their “mandatory” mask rule. It really wouldn’t bother me if they folded up & went broke because of their heavy handed tactics.

33 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I wear one when I CHOOSE to; I will not be back in Walmart until they drop their “mandatory” mask rule. It really wouldn’t bother me if they folded up & went broke because of their heavy handed tactics.

Yep, that's pretty much my response too. These stores "making" you wear a mask have certainly reduced the amount cash they get from me. I wouldn't have even gone to HD if it wasn't something I needed for work.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

54 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Yep, that's pretty much my response too. These stores "making" you wear a mask have certainly reduced the amount cash they get from me. I wouldn't have even gone to HD if it wasn't something I needed for work.

Please do stay away if you can't wear a mask in public places. 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Please stay away if you have no comprehension of reality.  Move on to the next fairy tale,  ya'll can't possibly expect to drag this out until november.  This one's worn out it's welcome,  and believability.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I disagree Barry is quality entertainment. When I am having a bad day I think yep not him? Instant gratification.

I've met my barry thread quota for the day. Rest is up to yall.  Have fun.

31 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

As I said, I will  as much as I can stay out of those stores that "require" you to wear a mask. I'm not even 100% opposed to wearing one under different circumstances. I wear one at work when it makes my customers more comfortable. Most could care less though. I'll wear one in "those" stores if that's the only place I can get what I need, but I'll avoid going there if there's an alternative. I just don't believe we should be made to by government or businesses.  Personally I  think this thing has been blown way out of proportion. I know it's real and sympathize with those that have complications from it but the numbers don't show that it warrants such extreme measures. If it were like ebola maybe I could understand, but it's not. 

22 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I didn't start this thread and made one recent comment, but you go get your blankie and pacifier and you take a nice nappie! 😉

You've weighed in on the topic.  That's enough for me.  No pacifier or nappie required here.  Quit projecting.  That's the stuff libs like.  Pacifiers,  play-doh, coloring books,  therapy dogs,  and safe spaces.