Patrick Mahomes Getting Paid

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What numbers do you think Mahomes’ gets? $40m average? Where’s the opt out? How much guaranteed? $150m plus?

It is going to be $40+ mil...  Some are suggesting a % of the cap.

A half a billion dollar + $3 million contract.  I never thought I would see it, but I can't say he hasn't earned it.  I don't see what the signing bonus is, but it has to be huge with a contract like that.  I sort of hate to see it, because I wanted him to be a Cowboy.    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/07/06/patrick-mahomes-contract-extension-chiefs  .  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Stephen Jones shoulda paid Dak last year.

I don't think so.  I agree with what I heard on the radio today in regards to Dak.  If he doesn't win the Super Bowl or MVP this year then offer him a run of the mill $35-38 million contract based on the inflated starting quarterback salaries.  If he won't accept, then move on.  We've had decent success with Romo being undrafted and Dak as a 3rd round draft pick.  I know we had our Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, and Drew Bledsoe years, but we can find a quarterback cheaper.  With Cam Newton only making $7 million only 5 years away from an MVP and in the Super Bowl what does that tell me ?  Mahomes is different, he's been highly successful, even winning the Super Bowl last year without a top running back.  We still don't know if the NFL will even play this year or not.  

8 minutes ago, Olduy said:

Nobody is with that kind of money.

He'll have enough now to fulfill his dream of franchising K.C. with this :  https://1130thetiger.com/patrick-mahomes-negotiates-with-whataburger-for-a-kansas-city-restaurant/ .  He's going to be making a lot of money even outside of his contract.  Once K.C. gets a Whataburger they'll be eating there in packs and droves.  They love their barbecue and steaks in K.C., and they'll love Whataburger just as much.  It's a win win for that city.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He'll have enough now to fulfill his dream of franchising K.C. with this :  https://1130thetiger.com/patrick-mahomes-negotiates-with-whataburger-for-a-kansas-city-restaurant/ .  He's going to be making a lot of money even outside of his contract.  Once K.C. gets a Whataburger they'll be eating there in packs and droves.  They love their barbecue and steaks in K.C., and they'll love Whataburger just as much.  It's a win win for that city.  

Mahomes got that ketchup money.

8 hours ago, LOL said:

Gil Brandt should be hoss-whipped for doing Captain America that way. 

That's probably what Roger asked for and he got it.  Roger was a man of modest means, and you have to remember he turned down a Dodge Charger that was given to him for being the MVP of Super Bowl VI for a family truckster aka station wagon.  As Stoney mentioned above he did work an offseason job that would eventually make him millions more than he ever made in the NFL.  $75,000 was a lot of money back then too.  That money could buy 21.4 cars back in the day or 3 houses.  I know where Roger lived in the 80's, and he lives in an extremely nice home.  I don't know how much it set him back in the 70's, but I'd say probably only around $100,000, but it's now worth millions in that neighborhood.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Staubach is one of the richest ex pro athletes in the world  ...

Man was smart. Anybody know who the old Cowboy is that owns a big ranch around Canton, Wills Point? His barn has the Cowboys star on it and the Super Bowls he played in on it. Came across it one time running the back roads many moons ago. Didn’t think to get a picture of it.

20 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Staubach is one of the richest ex pro athletes in the world  ...

Jordan is the richest, and is worth $2.2 billion.  Roger is #2 only in the NFL only because Jerry Richardson the ex owner of the Carolina Panthers is worth $2 billion compared to Roger's $600 million.  https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/jerry-richardson-net-worth/ .  What I'm still amazed a is Bobby Bonilla will be the highest paid MLB player this year.  He hasn't played for the Mets since 1999 and will be paid $1.9 million a year until 2036.  Oddly enough, that was when Pat Mahomes Sr. was a teammate of his.  I wonder if Bobby gave Jr. some negotiation skills through his fathers contacts.  Funny thing is Bernie Madoff helped Bonilla get that payout so I would say Bonilla was the only one that profited because of Madoff.  You can't make this stuff up.  

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

Man was smart. Anybody know who the old Cowboy is that owns a big ranch around Canton, Wills Point? His barn has the Cowboys star on it and the Super Bowls he played in on it. Came across it one time running the back roads many moons ago. Didn’t think to get a picture of it.

That would be Chuck Howley's Happy Hollow Ranch.  I've been to Bill Bate's Ranch in Celina, TX with a corporate sponsored event with Domino's Pizza back in the day.  He's got a nice spread too.  I was sort of disappointed that he didn't make a brief appearance for us.  I ended up getting his autograph at Bank One in Tyler on S. Broadway back in I want to say 1994.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That would be Chuck Howley's Happy Hollow Ranch.  I've been to Bill Bate's Ranch in Celina, TX with a corporate sponsored event with Domino's Pizza back in the day.  He's got a nice spread too.  I was sort of disappointed that he didn't make a brief appearance for us.  I ended up getting his autograph at Bank One in Tyler on S. Broadway back in I want to say 1994.  

I went to several managers and above level Christmas parties at Bill Bates Ranch.  They catered bbq for us with all the fixings and had a live band and big dance floor ... 

• Like 1

One of my many teenage jobs was busboy out at "Coon Creek Club" outside of Athens. I "met" several famous Cowboys out there, and a quite a few other luminaries. Crazy the kinda folk who like to hunt and fish in obscure little places around East Texas.