LeBron James....

RETIREDFAN1

Pro athletes are no better than prostitutes....they sell their body for a job....nobody cares what a prostitute has to say....nobody cares what a pro athlete has to say....shut up and do what you're paid to do prostitute.....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I haven't been a fan of the NBA since the Dr J, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson days ....

Same here, but since the days of Iverson.  I'm certainly not paying any attention to what they say politically, and they are just shooting themselves in the mouth with their comments about the BLM and that blacks are the only race that matters now.  

The Mavericks are the only NBA team I follow. I don’t even do a good job of that. I’m not watching a regular season game. I’m not buying merchandise. I’m not listening to LeBron preach to me about social justice when he kept his prostitute mouth shut about China and their “social justice.” You have multimillionaires complaining about staying in a resort that common folks would consider high class but they feel is beneath them. The NBA is pretty darn irrelevant to me. Just like horse racing or tennis.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, Stoney said:

The Mavericks are the only NBA team I follow. I don’t even do a good job of that. I’m not watching a regular season game. I’m not buying merchandise. I’m not listening to LeBron preach to me about social justice when he kept his prostitute mouth shut about China and their “social justice.” You have multimillionaires complaining about staying in a resort that common folks would consider high class but they feel is beneath them. The NBA is pretty darn irrelevant to me. Just like horse racing or tennis.

Meh, I will watch it just because it is sports...  but...  I won't watch the NFL.  Adam Silver generally lets his players take a stance without the League taking a stance.  The BLM stuff, did the NBA take an official stance other than we will support our players and help with equality?  

Either way, I will be watching the restart if for nothing else but entertainment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

You liked the cocaine era.

I like professional sports before they decided to let the liberals turn it into a political arena .... I don't watch sports for my political information .... these overpaid jockeys need to stick to sports and leave politics to politicians .... the same with sports announcers ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's tons of full games from the golden age of the NBA (late '70s to early 90s) on YouTube.

Quality of play is far superior to anything you'll find in the modern iteration. I highly recommend it. 

10 hours ago, LOL said:

There's tons of full games from the golden age of the NBA (late '70s to early 90s) on YouTube.

Quality of play is far superior to anything you'll find in the modern iteration. I highly recommend it. 

That there is.  I think this guy was the greatest talent that went to waste, but not because of injury.  When I mention him to those even in their 30's today they don't even know who I'm talking about.  They didn't call him "Skywalker" for nothing.  His name was all over basketballs in the late 70's, and he could have been one of the greatest except for his flaws.  

The two greatest football players I've seen in my life in Pro Sports that had their careers ended early, but due to knee injuries were Marcus Dupree and Billy Sims.  I name them, because Gayle Sayers also went down to injury when he was young, but he is in the HOF.  Joe Delaney a native born from Henderson, TX was another that had a promising career in the NFL.    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...