Salary issue if season cancelled

justluvfb

20 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

No, I understood it. That mentality is wrong though. That where you get people who work 100 hour work week while only really being paid for 40 hours.

Don't most of those get a stipend for doing those tasks? And wasn't that agreed to and signed in a contact by that individual?

11 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Don't most of those get a stipend for doing those tasks? And wasn't that agreed to and signed in a contact by that individual?

Correct which I don’t have an issue with, but payment of that was also agreed upon in that contract. 

Those stipends are bargain priced when you actually attach the actual amount of hours you work with them. Once again that’s fine with me, I sign up for it because of my love of the game. When administrations want to pull them away if a sport gets cancelled then fine, but when my sport actually happens I expect not a bargain price. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Correct which I don’t have an issue with, but payment of that was also agreed upon in that contract. 

Those stipends are bargain priced when you actually attach the actual amount of hours you work with them. Once again that’s fine with me, I sign up for it because of my love of the game. When administrations want to pull them away if a sport gets cancelled then fine, but when my sport actually happens I expect not a bargain price. 

Agreed on all points! 

If the extra activity is coached for one second in any form the full stipend is owed to the employee in my opinion. The other side of the coin I could see is if x activity gets cancelled tomorrow with zero work being put in toward x activity in this contact year to date, then the argument could be made to withhold the stipend for said activity.

And I do wish those salaries and stipends were substantially higher! 

The spring of 2020 has demonstrated how bad of an educator I am! 

5 hours ago, trashyhound said:

No sir, just a fan of schools that provide a quality education. Charters and privates do a better job of that because of red tape bueracrats place in public schools.  I see vouchers or parent school choice as a way for good folks including our public educators to eliminate the Austin and Washington control.  

I'm guessing since you are pro school monopolies that you aren't a free market kinda of guy? 

Just not a fan of vouchers or Dan Patrick,  

Those who think like that idiot are Chronies!!!!

24 minutes ago, bignasty said:

So I am a "Chronie" because I believe there is an alternative to our current school system? 

What do you have against vouchers? 

I struggle to see any harm in giving parents a choice. 

Agree with you on DP, idiot

35 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Dan Patrick is also pro second amendment, secure borders, and pro-life. I'm guessing you are either an open border, no gun, abortion fan or you yourself would be a "Chronie". Correct? 

Btw, the charter and private school kids tell me it's actually spelled Crony. I'm not sure though, I went to public school. 

9 hours ago, bignasty said:

Closed Border , Pro Gun person here.

No to Vouchers.   PUBLIC school guy all they way 24/7/365.

Private schoolers can spell it however they want.  Really could care less.....

So you are a DP Crony then? 

You said those who "think like that idiot are chronies". 

Or is he only an idiot on subjects where he disagrees with you? 

I would seriously like your opinion on why vouchers are a bad idea? I agree they could be bad for some public schools that do a terrible job in education, but I can't see freedom and choice being a bad thing anywhere, including schools. 

So to understand completely, folks should have the freedom to own and carry firearms but not to choose where their child gets an education? 

9 hours ago, bignasty said:

Closed Border , Pro Gun person here.

No to Vouchers.   PUBLIC school guy all they way 24/7/365.

Private schoolers can spell it however they want.  Really could care less.....

Another question, is your name"bignasty" a Corliss Williamson reference? That was his nickname and I loved watching that dude play ball, absolute beast!

16 hours ago, Valhalla said:

No, I understood it. That mentality is wrong though. That where you get people who work 100 hour work week while only really being paid for 40 hours.

No you don't understand still........He is saying if you want a job that pays you for every hour you work then you need to find a job that pays you every hour that you work.

Do you think the only profession that has salary employees that work 80 plus hours a week is teacher/coach? You are a salary employee and if you want to be good at your job you have to put in the extra hours past 40 hours a week to be the best. If you do not want to put in the hours then you wont be the best.

That is what the man is saying....it isn't a wrong way of thinking he is just saying if you going cry about a salary job then you need to find a hourly job.

2 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

No you don't understand still........He is saying if you want a job that pays you for every hour you work then you need to find a job that pays you every hour that you work.

Do you think the only profession that has salary employees that work 80 plus hours a week is teacher/coach? You are a salary employee and if you want to be good at your job you have to put in the extra hours past 40 hours a week to be the best. If you do not want to put in the hours then you wont be the best.

That is what the man is saying....it isn't a wrong way of thinking he is just saying if you going cry about a salary job then you need to find a hourly job.

No I do not. 

What I am saying is that my salary is the same when I work more hours then you can’t adjust it for if I work less hours. 

You can’t have it both ways. 

On 7/22/2020 at 8:24 PM, Valhalla said:

The problem with your logic that some jobs actually pay less than minimum wage of you actually break your “paid salary” down by how many hours you actually work for it. 

Time is money. 

If a person accepts the job, then don’t complain. It’s what was agreed on. If I felt I was being wronged by my employer, I’d take my talents elsewhere instead of whining about it on a forum like this. 

On 7/23/2020 at 4:00 PM, Valhalla said:

If you do that, you agreed to do so. If you don’t agree to do so, find another job. It’s really very simple. Don’t be such a whiner. Good grief, no wonder our schools are such a hot mess with people like this thinking they’re being wronged but too afraid to look elsewhere. Or is it that they just don’t bring enough to the table to find something else. 

• Stinks 2

4 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

If a person accepts the job, then don’t complain. It’s what was agreed on. If I felt I was being wronged by my employer, I’d take my talents elsewhere instead of whining about it on a forum like this. 

I’m not whining. The employer signs up to pay you a salary. It’s their job to pay you that salary. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

If you do that, you agreed to do so. If you don’t agree to do so, find another job. It’s really very simple. Don’t be such a whiner. Good grief, no wonder our schools are such a hot mess with people like this thinking they’re being wronged but too afraid to look elsewhere. Or is it that they just don’t bring enough to the table to find something else. 

Wow, that escalated quickly! 

A whiner, and the reason public schools are "a hot mess"? 

I took it more as an employee who wants a fair shake in compensation during Covid 19 altered work schedules. (Which is proper btw)

Our underpaid teachers and coaches are not even on the list of reasons why public schools are failing, much less"the reason". I'm pretty confident that about 95% of coaches do so for the love of the sport and the interaction with the athletes, not the stipends. They coach in spite of the pay not because of it. 

To tell someone to go find something else, or accuse them of not bringing enough to the table is silly. 

• Thanks 1

I am glad I Work at a place that cares for its employees and is trying to do the right thing for us at this time. In the future if things keep going the way they are going I cannot see them year after year paying us for not coaching. This year the plan is to keep paying as we go and see what happens. It would set a bad precedent for the future if some school does not pay this year and coaches leave then next year a vaccine is discovered and things get back to close to normal. Coaches are going to be a little worried about signing on somewhere that did not look after their employees this year. In the coaching community word gets around about the good and bad places to work at. More involved than just wins and losses when talking about a good place to work. As someone said before, Just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 12:06 PM, Raiderfan7000 said:

Way of future especially in university level. As long as they’re actively giving lessons they should get paid and up to the parents the kids do it. I believe the kids should go back anyways. The data shows this isn’t a huge problem with kids. Overreacting is the problem.

This is most everyone’s opinion. But what they forget is that teachers aren’t children and they are affected by this virus. As are administrators, as are custodians and think about the poor school nurse who has no help and the amount of sick children that will be sent to her. The overreaction is the ones who are saying send the kids back to school. MLB couldn’t handle it, it took 4 days before a team was shut down. So just think about the adults going back to school not just the children. Then open a whole new can of worms, teacher gets Covid, where in the hell are you going to find substitute teachers? There’s not going to be any!!!!

2 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Virus really not transferred from children to adults. Low risks and other countries are doing just fine . Funny how this premier country is somehow struggling and everyone is dying. Add in the fact recovery is around 95% but lock down the country.

To each his own opinion. My wife had knee surgery and developed a blood clot in her lung and is currently on blood thinners. She nor I want her to gamble daily with her life being on a school campus. I don’t want the country locked down but I think the brain should be used to control the spread. You can’t even get kids to wear ID’s, good luck keeping masks on during class time.

1 minute ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I didn’t say it was realistic. I believe children should go back and not wear masks. I understand your take on being cautious. Can’t let the fear control you and can’t let the recovery be worse than the virus. If you can’t tell this is political motivated , you’re naive or not paying attention.

Haha. Yep, it’s gonna disappear the day after the election. It’ll be gone and no worries for anyone. Talk about naive🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I’m not going to argue with anyone over my families worries. I can just respectfully have a differing opinion. Have a good day.