One of Biden's platforms

Sportsfanatic1

33 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Do you think this is Fox News fair and balanced? 

No !  They lie through not mentioning items that do not meet their agenda.  Just like other networks.  

How do you say NO is Spanish.  NO also !

Translation: the Biden administration would work hard for those who might be discriminated against in housing practices, and they would remove the hostile nativism that is unAmerican at its core. They would restore the idea of America being a place of safety and security for those who qualify for asylum. They would restore human rights to the immigration process and remove the stain that Trump has placed on our reputation. 

BOO, poor people who don't look like you might be near you!!!! They might even try to live next door!!!! 😆

15 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Translation: the Biden administration would work hard for those who might be discriminated against in housing practices, and they would remove the hostile nativism that is unAmerican at its core. They would restore the idea of America being a place of safety and security for those who qualify for asylum. They would restore human rights to the immigration process and remove the stain that Trump has placed on our reputation. 

BOO, poor people who don't look like you might be near you!!!! They might even try to live next door!!!! 😆

Poor people don’t live by me!!!! 

54 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

If they didn’t vote democrat there’d be more jobs to apply for setting themselves up for better living opportunities.  Instead, they’ll vote democrat so they can take from the ones that afford to live where they want and spin it on more handouts and have higher poverty levels.  

Democrats idea is to bring everybody down to the same level instead of providing opportunities for people to better themselves

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Shouldn't people be responsible to purchase their home--no MATTER WHERE THEY WANT TO LIVE? Should the government be supporting those that seek political asylum? I don't care who lives where, as long as they--NOT THE GOVERNMENT--are paying their own bills. Why should the American taxpayer be on the hook for more tax dollars supporting people who WON'T support themselves? 

You want to change the immigration laws--fine, but enforce those already on the books to prove they don't work--unlike many a leftist who believes people can do what they want, even break laws--because they want to. SMFH. 

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If they didn’t vote democrat there’d be more jobs to apply for setting themselves up for better living opportunities.  Instead, they’ll vote democrat so they can take from the ones that afford to live where they want and spin it on more handouts and have higher poverty levels.  

Democrats idea is to bring everybody down to the same level instead of providing opportunities for people to better themselves

I have no idea why you feel any of that applies to my post, but thanks for your word vomit. 

6 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Shouldn't people be responsible to purchase their home--no MATTER WHERE THEY WANT TO LIVE?

I believe that this is referencing government housing. Sometimes people have to live in Section 8 housing, because they can't afford anything else...am I missing something? 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

I believe that this is referencing government housing. Sometimes people have to live in Section 8 housing, because they can't afford anything else...am I missing something? 

Why can’t they afford anything else.  Under democrat administrations the unemployment is higher.  Create more jobs and opportunity by lowering taxes on businesses that hire folks to Work.  Keep jobs in America.

• Thanks 1

I am not referring to section 8 housing, I am referring to where people want to live--only. If a person wants to live in XYZ neighborhood--as long as they can pay their bills and afford it--they can live where they want--I have NO PROBLEM with that--unless those same people are taking government handouts to pay for their living expenses. 

As far as section 8 housing goes--I believe it should be a start for some, to get back on their feet--to move upward. But when was the last time most of these people moved upward? I mean if we are going to help people, shouldn't there be a greater good--or goal? Shouldn't there be a way for them to move up the ladder--receiving help, but learning slowly to save and rely on themselves more and more, instead of the government. 

While, I believe we are both close to the same age--the great society has done nothing for Americans, our programs never have an endgame, where people are taking care of themselves. For 3 generations now--those people are still in the same places--same section 8 housing complexes. Do you disagree with this? Shouldn't there be a program that teaches them to get off the government paychecks--unless they are actually working for the government. LOL. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Why can’t they afford anything else.  Under democrat administrations the unemployment is higher.  Create more jobs and opportunity by lowering taxes on businesses that hire folks to Work.  Keep jobs in America.

It isn't that hard to understand.

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I am not referring to section 8 housing, I am referring to where people want to live--only. If a person wants to live in XYZ neighborhood--as long as they can pay their bills and afford it--they can live where they want--I have NO PROBLEM with that--unless those same people are taking government handouts to pay for their living expenses. 

As far as section 8 housing goes--I believe it should be a start for some, to get back on their feet--to move upward. But when was the last time most of these people moved upward? I mean if we are going to help people, shouldn't there be a greater good--or goal? Shouldn't there be a way for them to move up the ladder--receiving help, but learning slowly to save and rely on themselves more and more, instead of the government. 

While, I believe we are both close to the same age--the great society has done nothing for Americans, our programs never have an endgame, where people are taking care of themselves. For 3 generations now--those people are still in the same places--same section 8 housing complexes. Do you disagree with this? Shouldn't there be a program that teaches them to get off the government paychecks--unless they are actually working for the government. LOL. 

This.  You have to incentivize folks to make changes.  There is no incentive to do better if the gov takes care of your needs.

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Of course, they don't. You either live far off in the woods in your cult compound or in a gated community where you and your wife like to wave guns around at anyone who passes by your property! 🤣

can-read-this-you-are-in-range-sign_1024x1024_35205db5-32f9-4e56-a3a3-b5e29cf55a-1.jpg.64d9b9eea2273223d6fcd723e3266d88.jpg

• Thanks 1