Say A Prayer for Educators Today?

BarryLaverty

47 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

I know it doesn't sound like many but did see some 180+ job postings on a TX public ed site beginning this past Monday thru Friday. I figure early retirements and some that are gonna sit it out at least a year. Just one example here...

We had to fill 3 of our core jobs with just graduating teachers, who haven't taken their tests, yet. Got like 3 applications per job and normally have 30-35 or so, according to the principal. 

On 7/12/2020 at 4:18 PM, PepeSilvia said:

I’m just curious as to what they are going to do when and if teachers start getting sick and there are no subs to cover for two weeks minimum 

This virus won’t magically go away if we just stay locked down

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:48 PM, BoHogg said:

Two vacancies posted here, one today the other last week. Neighboring district has 3 vacancies, one posted in May and other two late June. 2 of those are STEM. Late in the the game to be finding quality STEM.

Maybe teachers will get a raise out of this?

On 7/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, BarryLaverty said:

One very big reason every public school employee in America should vote for Joe Biden is that the day he is elected is the day Betsy DeVos will start packing up her office. 

While I am not a big fan of DeVos--it sure beats the alternative, a president like Uncle Joe will destroy this country even worse than it is, because NO ONE will be working because he will allow China to run everything, because he is weak--40 years in office, and most of his chief accomplishments are more racists than what the media thinks of President Trump. 

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Maybe teachers will get a raise out of this?

Yeah right, it will be a way to cut teachers and pay--especially if having to work from home virtually. 

Those that teach elective courses will be the first to go--then fewer and fewer core teachers at the building, leaving only the cheapest working virtually--taking care of hundreds of students a day, all through their computers. Students will become what the government wants--sheep that follow along--especially if the leftist win this election. 

19 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Devoss is the best seced we've ever had....

Yes, I agree with Barry on this one-please enlighten us with your vast knowledge of what makes her great--what has she done outside of fill a position that isn't even needed at the federal level. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, BoHogg said:

I know it doesn't sound like many but did see some 180+ job postings on a TX public ed site beginning this past Monday thru Friday. I figure early retirements and some that are gonna sit it out at least a year. Just one example here...

Let's present this correctly--it was the last day to resign and be able to use your teaching contract at another district without being locked in. Trying to make this sound worst than it really is. If she found a better teaching job after this day--or a teaching job that allowed her to work from home, HISD could have held her teaching certificate for a year, but this way she is free to choose what she does, without having to ask HISD to release her from her contract. There has been a 45 day window for years in education in Texas, but someone is making a big deal about it today, because they think a virus is going to end the world. This effects a lot of coaches, and a lot of jobs now going onto teacher job networks are for those who did this very thing, or for those that lost coaches at the last minute. 

There are 574 job listings on the region 10 Teacher Job Network--there is a shortage of teachers--but there has been for years--but lets play politics to make it sound worse than has been in years. SMFH!!!!!