COVID Translations

BarryLaverty

13 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I think I would feel better about 'conservatives' if they just spoke truth and didn't pussyfoot around their true meaning. They are either too cunning or too chicken to do that, and I am not sure which. 🤔

Isn't saying "most people don't die from it" factual, though? The numbers do bear that out.

That doesn't mean people don't care about those who have passed from Covid. Nor does it mean they are insignificant to any person in particular.

Do you deny that?

6 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Isn't saying "most people don't die from it" factual, though? The numbers do bear that out.

That doesn't mean people don't care about those who have passed from Covid. Nor does it mean they are insignificant to any person in particular.

Do you deny that?

I think when I see repeatedly % reasoning or rationales over and over again that they were 'already sick' or a constant drumbeat of attacks on counts and science that people are thinking of THEMSELVES without concern for others in a compassionate sense, absolutely. 

17 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I think when I see repeatedly % reasoning or rationales over and over again that they were 'already sick' or a constant drumbeat of attacks on counts and science that people are thinking of THEMSELVES without concern for others in a compassionate sense, absolutely. 

So, if their attitudes were different, but they still stated "most people don't die from it", you would feel differently? Because "most people don't die from it" is a factual statement, is it not?

It's extremely unfortunate and tragic that we've had any deaths from this, and I sympathize with the families, however. I'm likely in the "vulnerable" category myself, so I've been taking extra precautions, and praying for those who have it and the families of those who have lost loved ones.

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I think I would feel better about 'conservatives' if they just spoke truth and didn't pussyfoot around their true meaning. They are either too cunning or too chicken to do that, and I am not sure which. 🤔

Where have you seen that?  You just posted a what you said but what I heard joke.  That’s the frigging truth.  You don’t listen.  

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Numbers don’t lie.  I just found out another friend of mine was in his house for 34 days straight quarantined between he and his wife having the virus.  He Said it was awful.  He is 70 and his wife is a couple years younger.  Evidently they’re in the small percentage of folks that it affects harshly.  Most folks I know that have had it say flu or less to no symptoms at all.  If you think me saying that is not compassionate then so be it.  I’m sorry!!!  Shutting everybody down from working isn’t gonna fix the ones who struggle with the virus.  If they know they’re in the age group that is affected more severely then they should take it upon themselves to remove themselves from society, not wish the govt would should our society down

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Well let’s look at facts. Over 328 million people in the US. 328,000 diagnosed with Covid 19, doesn’t take much of a math major to see it is less than 1%.

Deaths are less than .004%

So go blow it Barry!

41 minutes ago, Olduy said:

Well let’s look at facts. Over 328 million people in the US. 328,000 diagnosed with Covid 19, doesn’t take much of a math major to see it is less than 1%.

Deaths are less than .004%

So go blow it Barry!

So, you went with the first one? Good for you. It's just people dying. 

Blow it? That's confusing. 

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, you went with the first one? Good for you. It's just people dying. 

Blow it? That's confusing. 

image.jpeg

That list is still rife with logical fallacies, though. Would you agree? Most are "false equivalence", I believe. Also, "appeal to emotion". Probably others as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

That list is still rife with logical fallacies, though. Would you agree? Most are "false dilemma", I believe. Also, "appeal to emotion". Probably others as well.

Problem is still with the column on the right.  It’s more of the person hearing what they want and not actually listening.  I felt an educator would understand the difference in hearing vs listening but he may be a lost cause.  

• Like 1