The Smoakhouse Forums

Tyler ISD To Consider Renaming Lee and John Tyler

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Cost will be around or over 300K....... The reverend on the board said local groups will step up and help with cost. 

If they can change each school for 300k I would be surprised.  But if they can that's very good. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Tyler ISD is going to rename Lee then you have to look at John Tyler too. Will the city be renamed? Will the county? Rename both or none. 

I got one bad and one good comment.  I challenge each of you to do a bit of reading and learn from the past.  Lots of history out there.  It always puts good against evil.  If you can’t afford books m

Did you sleep through his 8 years of corruption? .... You can't be serious  ...  Here is a good start for you ... https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2017/01/02/18-major-scandals-obama-presidency/

Posted Images

Okay cool. 

Changing the name of the high schools will not be a burden on the tax payers. Tisd has at least $30,000,000 left over from the bond. Lee did not cost what they initially said it would cost. JT came in a couple of million dollars less than what they said it would cost. If Tisd ask the taxpayers to foot the bill, then I will vote no for every bond they ask in the future. Tisd has the money to pay for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

I would make John Tyler into Tyler Rose High School to get around the name change to honor Earl Campbell and make Lee into Azalea Trail High School as a nod to something else local, as well as trying to be original

I got the perfect nickname for a school named Rose City or Tyler Rose....”The Rose Queens.” You know, in honor of the Rose Festival.

7 hours ago, betweentheposts said:

I am guessing they are going to rename the town now? 

I kinda feel like if you change the name of the schools, you probably should since they were named for the same person.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I kinda feel like if you change the name of the schools, you probably should since they were named for the same person.

I agree with you. 

More importantly, how many Smoaky handles have to change now?

I'm with @Stoney Public School 1 and 2.  And we should get rid of city names and just use coordinates.  We all have GPS now.  Borders are fascist anyhow, so we don't need counties, states, or countries.

It's everyone's world man....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

More importantly, how many Smoaky handles have to change now?

I'm with @Stoney Public School 1 and 2.  And we should get rid of city names and just use coordinates.  We all have GPS now.  Borders are fascist anyhow, so we don't need counties, states, or countries.

It's everyone's world man....

Will Tyler be put on school uniforms? 

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Will Tyler be put on school uniforms? 

I doubt it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, betweentheposts said:

I am guessing they are going to rename the town now? 

They have too, and the state has to start changing the names of at least 40 counties named after confederate soldiers,Texas Rangers, US presidents..................etc,etc,etc

• Roll Eyes 1
24 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

They have too, and the state has to start changing the names of at least 40 counties named after confederate soldiers,Texas Rangers, US presidents..................etc,etc,etc

Smith County

30 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

We are only Social Justice Warriors till Nov 4.

7 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I wouldn't think so. Probably will be like the Frisco schools. The only one that references Frisco on their uniforms/logo is Frisco High. 

That’s my thinking. Go without a city logo in the name of progress.

15 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Did they say the time frame for this? Just a few weeks before school starts now. Will this be for next year?

The school is meeting Monday to vote on the names of the schools.

For my understanding why haven’t this thread been moved over to the political arena? It has been done the last two times this subject has been brought up.

2 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

For my understanding why haven’t this thread been moved over to the political arena? It has been done the last two times this subject has been brought up.

I’m glad it hasn’t. Everytime I go over there my IQ drops a good bit. 

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Okay

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Everyone should go over there atleast once during their time with Smoaky.