Tyler ISD To Consider Renaming Lee and John Tyler

Stoney

On 7/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, Eagleborn said:

Facts aren’t allowed because it doesn’t fit narrative or agenda. You can’t say The Muslim was corrupt and if you do you’re racist. Same with supporting Trump..... tsk tsk. Speaking of Trump, wonder how all those that said they’d leave the country are doing?

The world we live in I’m afraid.  

George Lopez was the only man true to his word.  He moved to Canada I think

On 7/12/2020 at 5:30 PM, Vernon said:

Stupidity is condemning half of an entire nation over 150 years later. It was a different time and a different culture. Yes slavery is wrong, but not all of the south owned slaves or was pro slavery. Many southerners fought for their homes, their land, and their families and countrymen. This may blow your mind, but there were some good people that lived in the South during the time of slavery. Obviously, there were plenty of evil men as well on both sides. Those people are dead and gone and God has already judged them. Maybe we should never make statues for any man or woman, because we are all guilty of sin and wrongdoing or maybe we just happened to live at a time where things were culturally acceptable during our lifetime even if we didn’t agree. I think abortion is evil, but it is acceptable in our culture today. I hope there comes a time where it is illegal and people feel the same way towards it as they do slavery. 200 years from now they may be tearing down all of the statues of people during our time because they lived during the abortion era! The point is, if someone or something has to be perfect to have a statute or have something named for them/it, there should only be statues of Jesus Christ, because he was the only perfect person. I mean how much good does  someone have to do to cover up their mistakes or the mistakes of their contemporaries to be honored or revered?

Exodus 20:4-6