Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Tyler ISD To Consider Renaming Lee and John Tyler


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

UT just released their statement on how the request made by the athletes and others regarding the racial and other social issues will be met at the school.  It is a very good and thorough plan.  It seems to be met with appreciation based upon the Tweets that I have seen so far.

Kevin Eltife, Chairman of the Board of Regents and former Tyler mayor, was instrumental in spearheading the solutions.

I placed the text of the letter in the college forum under UT.

Yea the I’m gonna quit until I get my way usually works. Also renaming field after Earl is a great idea. Good for UT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Tyler ISD is going to rename Lee then you have to look at John Tyler too. Will the city be renamed? Will the county? Rename both or none. 

I got one bad and one good comment.  I challenge each of you to do a bit of reading and learn from the past.  Lots of history out there.  It always puts good against evil.  If you can’t afford books m

Did you sleep through his 8 years of corruption? .... You can't be serious  ...  Here is a good start for you ... https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2017/01/02/18-major-scandals-obama-presidency/

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

At the time states believed they had right to Secede from the United States. This view was held not only by southern states, but also some northern states. Thirteen southern states chose to secede and form the Confederate States of America. It was Lincoln that declared war on the Confederate States of America to preserve the Union.  The issue as to whether a state could secede from the United States was not decided by the Supreme Court until 1869. The leaders of the Confederacy were NOT found guilty treason. Therefore those that fought on the side of the Confederacy were not committing treason. 

The Constitution wasn't rewritten or revised after the Civil War.... the Supreme Court simply upheld  what was already there.  

Texas Vs. White simply solidified what was already present, but ignored. 

And the USA never declared war on the confederacy.  They deemed it a rebellion.

The Confederacy did however, declare war on the United States. 

There is a lot of conjecture as to why the CSA leaders weren't tried with treason..... some say it was to help in the healing of the nation.  Some say it would have been too long and drawn out.   Lots of conjecture.  

I guess if they had actually been tried and found guilty of treason.....we wouldn't be having this discussion.  There wouldn't be any monuments to discuss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are really out in left field with your interpretation of RINO ... I knew Ronald Reagan and he was No RINO .... Cornyn, Romney, Murkowski,  Collins, Boehner,  Flake ... those are RINOs .... 

Kasich is another RINO that comes to mind ... he was nothing like a true Reagan Republican   ...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are really out in left field with your interpretation of RINO ... I knew Ronald Reagan and he was No RINO .... Cornyn, Romney, Murkowski,  Collins, Boehner,  Flake ... those are RINOs .... 

There are literally hundreds... of not thousands of links online calling Reagan a RINO.  

The GOP has morphed into something Reagan wouldn't even recognize (nor support).  

Ive never voted for a democrat in my life on the national or state level (And rarely at the local level).  Yet I get attacked by Trumpsters on here anytime I step out of their narrow view of faux patriotism. 

I post facts, links, sources of information..... and I get memes and emojis in return. 

Yall take a differing view about as well as King Cheeto does.  It’s easy to see where your marching orders come from. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

There are literally hundreds... of not thousands of links online calling Reagan a RINO.  

The GOP has morphed into something Reagan wouldn't even recognize (nor support).  

Ive never voted for a democrat in my life on the national or state level (And rarely at the local level).  Yet I get attacked by Trumpsters on here anytime I step out of their narrow view of faux patriotism. 

I post facts, links, sources of information..... and I get memes and emojis in return. 

Yall take a differing view about as well as King Cheeto does.  It’s easy to see where your marching orders come from. 

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of links online stating all kind of crazy :poop: ... and probably that many gullible people believing the :BS: they spew ... you have to be smart enough to separate the 🐂 :poop: from the truth .... don't be like Larry, PeePee and BooooooHawg and believe everything you read  ....  Yes, there are still way too many RINOs left in the GOP but we are gaining ground  ... the GOP is still the only viable solution to at least slowing down the madness when you look at the alternative .... President Trump has worked wonders in steering the ship in the right direction ... so don't go soft and throw the baby out with the bath water ....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

There are literally hundreds... of not thousands of links online calling Reagan a RINO.  

The GOP has morphed into something Reagan wouldn't even recognize (nor support).  

Ive never voted for a democrat in my life on the national or state level (And rarely at the local level).  Yet I get attacked by Trumpsters on here anytime I step out of their narrow view of faux patriotism. 

I post facts, links, sources of information..... and I get memes and emojis in return. 

Yall take a differing view about as well as King Cheeto does.  It’s easy to see where your marching orders come from. 

President Reagan was always a little to the left of me.....but not too much to dislike.....😅

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

President Reagan was always a little to the left of me.....but not too much to dislike.....😅

He was far from a RINO ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KirtFalcon said:

He was far from a RINO ...

True....but still not as conservative as he was before the establishment tried to kill him....and he should never have caved and took the globalist fascist bush as VP.......should have fought.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

He was far from a RINO ...

So says you. 

Even conservative publications call him a RINO. 

Yes.  There is tons of misinformation out there. 

But just because you don't agree with something doesn’t make it false. 

By today’s standards of conservatism.....Reagan was no doubt a RINO. 

You praise Trump for his work.  

But some of us fear he’s done generational damage to the GOP.   More people should be concerned.  But y’all are too busy ripping your own party apart instead of focusing on the real enemy. 

But carry on. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

True....but still not as conservative as he was before the establishment tried to kill him....and he should never have caved and took the globalist fascist bush as VP.......should have fought.....

The big mistake President Reagan made was believing Tip Oneal who lied about and never followed through with promised spending cuts .... Jimma Carter left the military depleted and in shambles after the Vietnam war and Ronald Reagan was accused of being a big spender for having to rebuild it ... which is always the case following a dimocrat in the WH ... rebuilding the military was critical and necessary and it resulted in the break up of the Soviet Union  ... So if you want to say Reagan wasn't as conservative as he should have been, go ahead ... it was necessary spending, unlike the socialist spending spree these days .... any way you slice it, Reagan was the 2nd best President of our lifetime ...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

 .... any way you slice it, Reagan was the 2nd best President of our lifetime ...

 

Who’s in first place, Kirt?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

 Reagan was the 2nd best President of our lifetime ...

Best in MY lifetime. 

I wasn't old enough to vote....but I've studied him extensively.  

Reagan was a fiscal conservative and leaned to the left on social issues.

The far right would tear him apart today.  He wouldn't even win the nomination in the current state of the GOP.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Who’s in first place, Kirt?

President Trump.......kirt probably goes back to Calvin Coolidge though.....😅😅😅😅

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mavchamp said:

Best in MY lifetime. 

I wasn't old enough to vote....but I've studied him extensively.  

Reagan was a fiscal conservative and leaned to the left on social issues.

The far right would tear him apart today.  He wouldn't even win the nomination in the current state of the GOP.

Kirts is Calvin Coolidge....😅😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WestHardinfan1 said:

President Trump.......kirt probably goes back to Calvin Coolidge though.....😅😅😅😅

As the scripture predicts..... even the elect will be deceived.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

As the scripture predicts..... even the elect will be deceived.  

I'm not the one being influenced by Marxists......

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

So says you. 

Even conservative publications call him a RINO. 

Yes.  There is tons of misinformation out there. 

But just because you don't agree with something doesn’t make it false. 

By today’s standards of conservatism.....Reagan was no doubt a RINO. 

You praise Trump for his work.  

But some of us fear he’s done generational damage to the GOP.   More people should be concerned.  But y’all are too busy ripping your own party apart instead of focusing on the real enemy. 

But carry on. 

Generational damage to the GOP? .... Laughable! ....  it needed to be torn down! ... You have fallen for the never-Trumpers establishment Republican whiners  that wanted to keep the dysfunctional status quo Washington bureaucracy  Donald Trump wouldn't play their game and now their panties are in a wad because he is draining the swamp and they can't control him ... Establishment Republicans like Billy Crystal and George Will hated Ronald Reagan and they hate President Trump  ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WestHardinfan1 said:

I'm not the one being influenced by Marxists......

No.....you're being influenced by a snake oil salesman that's not even really a republican and unlikely a Christian.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

Generational damage to the GOP? .... Laughable! ....  

So if we get hit by a blue wave this Fall.... and the GOP loses the White House and the congress.... will it still be laughable?

How about in 2024.... and we still can't get the GOP back on track?  Still laughable?

2028?  2032?

When will we stop laughing and start thinking we made a mistake?????

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

"Whites with a bachelor’s degree and under the age of 50 are increasingly aligned with Democrats."

That's why I said that the GOP is doing generational damage.  That should be VERY CONCERNING to an aging nation. 

We have an entire generation being poisoned against the GOP.  Why????  Because of one guy.  

So yeah..... that's concerning to me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

So if we get hit by a blue wave this Fall.... and the GOP loses the White House and the congress.... will it still be laughable?

How about in 2024.... and we still can't get the GOP back on track?  Still laughable?

2028?  2032?

When will we stop laughing and start thinking we made a mistake?????

If you are really concerned about a blue wave, you better start praying for President Trump  .... he's  the only thing standing between us and open borders Marxism and becoming another Venezuela  ....

What part of we don't need to get the GOP back on the same track it was on before President Trump do you not understand? ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...