Just, Don't Be This Guy, Please

BarryLaverty

I hope that all take appropriate precautions. Some of your posts remind me of this man, who died within days of testing positive. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-37-died-coronavirus-had-092340275.html

Man, 37, who died from coronavirus had dismissed pandemic ‘hype’ on Facebook

Andrew Naughtie
The Independent

Richard
Richard

An Ohio man who died of Covid-19 had repeatedly posted on Facebook about his scepticism of the outbreak – and a tweet containing a montage of his posts is now going viral.

Richard Rose, 37, died at home in Port Clinton on 4 July just days after he tested positive for Covid-19. The montage of his posts spreading on social media, which has been viewed 3.5 million times, shows that he tested positive and was quarantined on 1 July, when he was already viewing symptoms.

After telling a friend he had no idea where he contracted the disease, he posted on 2 July that “this covid poop ####! I’m so out of breath just sitting here”. That is the last post featured from before his death.

However, it is Mr Rose’s earlier posts that have drawn the most attention.

Along with checking in at crowded venues, Mr Rose had posted criticism of the Black Lives Matter protests following the killing of George Floyd, calling the movement “a joke” for supposedly inciting violence while posting the pro-police slogans #BacktheBlue and #ThinBlueLine.

Mr Rose also mocked Islamic face coverings and shared a meme dismissing the mainstream media and mocking the idea that gender is non-binary while saying “Trump 2020!”

Alongside these, he dismissed the risk of the pandemic, saying “I’m not buying a f***ing mask” and that “I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype”.

“I’ve gotten sick of turning my tv on to political smear ads and poop about COVID,” he wrote in another post. “So yesterday I turned my cable box in. I’ve also started snoozing people on here. It’s time to block out negativity.”

Speaking to local media, Mr Rose’s friend Nick Conley said “It’s horrible that we lost Rick but the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose.

“I know a lot of people that haven’t met someone that they know of that has been diagnosed with the virus and I wanted people to see it was real and my hope is that people will see that this does happen and people will be more cautious.”

Facebook and other social media platforms have come in for stinging criticism over their slowness to aggressively tackle coronavirus misinformation, including baseless conspiracy theories that the virus is fake or was deliberately manufactured, unfounded claims that it is caused by 5G infrastructure, and ineffective or dangerous “cures” peddled as alternatives to orthodox medicine.

Ohio, meanwhile, was one of the first US states to impose lockdown measures, with Republican governor Mike DeWine taking action even before the state had reported any cases. Many of the measures have now been lifted; however, the governor is reportedly considering county-by-county control measures as cases start to rise again.

Just found out my brother and his wife were tested and both show the antibodies, no virus. Seems they had it back in January or February with no ill effects. This “pandemic” is a hoax, pure and simple!

• Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I hope that all take appropriate precautions. Some of your posts remind me of this man, who died within days of testing positive. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-37-died-coronavirus-had-092340275.html

Man, 37, who died from coronavirus had dismissed pandemic ‘hype’ on Facebook

Andrew Naughtie
The IndependentJuly 13, 2020, 4:23 AM

Richard
Richard

An Ohio man who died of Covid-19 had repeatedly posted on Facebook about his scepticism of the outbreak – and a tweet containing a montage of his posts is now going viral.

Richard Rose, 37, died at home in Port Clinton on 4 July just days after he tested positive for Covid-19. The montage of his posts spreading on social media, which has been viewed 3.5 million times, shows that he tested positive and was quarantined on 1 July, when he was already viewing symptoms.

After telling a friend he had no idea where he contracted the disease, he posted on 2 July that “this covid poop ####! I’m so out of breath just sitting here”. That is the last post featured from before his death.

However, it is Mr Rose’s earlier posts that have drawn the most attention.

Along with checking in at crowded venues, Mr Rose had posted criticism of the Black Lives Matter protests following the killing of George Floyd, calling the movement “a joke” for supposedly inciting violence while posting the pro-police slogans #BacktheBlue and #ThinBlueLine.

Mr Rose also mocked Islamic face coverings and shared a meme dismissing the mainstream media and mocking the idea that gender is non-binary while saying “Trump 2020!”

Alongside these, he dismissed the risk of the pandemic, saying “I’m not buying a f***ing mask” and that “I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype”.

“I’ve gotten sick of turning my tv on to political smear ads and poop about COVID,” he wrote in another post. “So yesterday I turned my cable box in. I’ve also started snoozing people on here. It’s time to block out negativity.”

Speaking to local media, Mr Rose’s friend Nick Conley said “It’s horrible that we lost Rick but the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose.

“I know a lot of people that haven’t met someone that they know of that has been diagnosed with the virus and I wanted people to see it was real and my hope is that people will see that this does happen and people will be more cautious.”

Facebook and other social media platforms have come in for stinging criticism over their slowness to aggressively tackle coronavirus misinformation, including baseless conspiracy theories that the virus is fake or was deliberately manufactured, unfounded claims that it is caused by 5G infrastructure, and ineffective or dangerous “cures” peddled as alternatives to orthodox medicine.

Ohio, meanwhile, was one of the first US states to impose lockdown measures, with Republican governor Mike DeWine taking action even before the state had reported any cases. Many of the measures have now been lifted; however, the governor is reportedly considering county-by-county control measures as cases start to rise again.

He looks grossly overweight and unhealthy, no telling what he really died from ... easy to attach the Covid 19 tag to his toe .... who's going to know, right? ....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

He looks grossly overweight and unhealthy, no telling what he really died from ... easy to attach the Covid 19 tag to his toe .... who's going to know, right? ....

Guy that wasn't wearing a helmet riding a motorcycle died in motorcycle crash.  Call the Inquirer!

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Not a paragon of good health.....lol....

3 hours ago, Olduy said:

Just found out my brother and his wife were tested and both show the antibodies, no virus. Seems they had it back in January or February with no ill effects. This “pandemic” is a hoax, pure and simple!

It's not a hoax, but it is overblown.  It's not as dangerous as they would want you to believe except for those with health issues or those that do not practice proper sanitary procedures.  I'm treating this like the flu, and how I've avoided contracting it since I was 13.  It's better to be safe than sorry.  However safety to extremes is unnecessary unless you live or visit someone that could have fatal issues with this virus.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's not a hoax, but it is overblown.  It's not as dangerous as they would want you to believe except for those with health issues or those that do not practice proper sanitary procedures.  I'm treating this like the flu, and how I've avoided contracting it since I was 13.  It's better to be safe than sorry.  However safety to extremes is unnecessary unless you live or visit someone that could have fatal issues with this virus.  

The virus is real the “pandemic” is the hoax.

Who dismissed him Barry?   He’s one of 137,600 deaths.   He dismissed Coronavirus, which was, I believe, your reason for posting.   His death is another tragedy.   Want to blame the right people, blame the Chinese, either their Lab, or the fact they have markets that sell #### people shouldn’t be eating.   

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

That is a fact. Mask or staying home will not protect you. You will get it and data shows it not a reason to panic. You can’t prevent your death .  

NOT a fact. Actually ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

That would be a fact , admitting he has been wrong, and not blaming Trump. I don’t believe he is capable of such behavior.

I don't blame Trump for this man's death, as he made his own wrong decisions to expose himself to this, but Trump has clearly not provided leadership by making sure a national plan is in place or setting an example. Attacking science, trying to pin it on President Obama, gathering people together in close spaces, and wearing a mask in public ONE time are examples of that. 

46 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't blame Trump for this man's death, as he made his own wrong decisions to expose himself to this, but Trump has clearly not provided leadership by making sure a national plan is in place or setting an example. Attacking science, trying to pin it on President Obama, gathering people together in close spaces, and wearing a mask in public ONE time are examples of that. 

Do you mean this kind of science?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Or this science?

56 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

If you pulled your head out of your arrse, for a change, and stopped believing every fake news report under the sun, you would know better ....