social distancing at games

JasperDawg

if anyone has already had a thread about this i apologize that I made another.

that said, if there ARE football games this season to stay within guidelines for social distancing staying 6' apart from one another.  stadiums aren't gonna have enough space for many fans at all. so I wonder what method of determining how many fans, which ones (season ticket holders or general admission, ) and other issues that are gonna arise.

gonna end up being some made Texas folks thru out the state if all that want to can't attend.

20 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Football players immediate family members only.

so as an alumni who played football and a many year season ticket holder i just get left out? is that for the just the home games bout away games? see what i mean ?

14 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

so as an alumni who played football and a many year season ticket holder i just get left out? is that for the just the home games bout away games? see what i mean ?

Yep, the season is about the players currently on the team. If that is what it takes for them to play then so be it. You can watch the stream of the game.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Yep, the season is about the players currently on the team. If that is what it takes for them to play then so be it. You can watch the stream of the game.

so how you gonna enforce/verify who immediate family members are?  lol have people checking identification of people coming in? Ain't gonna happen. 

btw, I am a dedicated football booster and can't come to game unless family is playing? 

I am not arguing with you, I am just bringing up scenarios that will be hell to handle. lol there are  football fanbases that will have uproar over attendance.

2 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

so how you gonna enforce/verify who immediate family members are?  lol have people checking identification of people coming in? Ain't gonna happen. 

btw, I am a dedicated football booster and can't come to game unless family is playing? 

I am not arguing with you, I am just bringing up scenarios that will be hell to handle. lol there football fanbases that would that will have uproar over attendance.

If it comes to family only I suspect each district will provide a special pass that the gate workers will know is approved.  Anything else would not be approved.

As I have said before, Gilmer has so few people show up at most home games that social distancing will not be a problem. It almost seems like more people go to our road games from here than go to the home games. But that's just because our home side was expanded in 2013 to seat so many more than ever show up unless it's Gilmer-Carthage with both undefeated (which hasn't happened in a while).

What about bands, cheerleaders, drill teams, etc? In my opinion, if they aren’t performing at games you will probably see a big drop in attendance most places. I will add if they are told they can’t perform then there shouldn’t be football games at all. I know that’s probably an unpopular opinion, but they play a big role in make Friday night lights what it is. 

I’ve also thought about the idea that schools with smaller stadiums could play at bigger stadiums on Friday nights or Saturday. I know it would add extra costs to the schools and booster clubs would lose out on concession sales etc.

Of course if every school had the ability to live stream their game this year I think most of the high risk people would choose to stay home and watch online.

20 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

What about bands, cheerleaders, drill teams, etc? In my opinion, if they aren’t performing at games you will probably see a big drop in attendance most places. I will add if they are told they can’t perform then there shouldn’t be football games at all. I know that’s probably an unpopular opinion, but they play a big role in make Friday night lights what it is. 

I’ve also thought about the idea that schools with smaller stadiums could play at bigger stadiums on Friday nights or Saturday. I know it would add extra costs to the schools and booster clubs would lose out on concession sales etc.

Of course if every school had the ability to live stream their game this year I think most of the high risk people would choose to stay home and watch online.

Numerous DFW schools have said no to bands. 

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

college football is saying no bands, especially away team, and that cheer is unlikely too

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Numerous DFW schools have said no to bands. 

49 minutes ago, WOBooster said:

college football is saying no bands, especially away team, and that cheer is unlikely too

It makes sense. I just don’t think it’s fair to those kids.

3 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

It is called a “football” game.

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It is called a “football” game.

Trust me I get it. I go to watch the football game. I don’t pay much attention to everything else. Whatever they decide to do people will complain. It can be 100% capacity for all I care. 

8 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

You’re from Carthage y’all don’t get bad calls.

Not true.  Had a clear catch by WR on 4th down in 2013 title game ruled incomplete jist before halftime.  We might've scored before halftime were it not for that call.

Just now, Valhalla said:

Did you win or lose the game?

You know the answer.  Doesn't excuse the poor call.  Bad calls are part of the game.  Gotta overcome them.  Doesn't mean they don't deserve criticism.  I'm just glad that DB dropped a sure interception early in the game.  May have been alot closer game. KDogs were tough that year.  Glad passing attack wasn't really a threat.