Happy Dak Extension Deadline Day!!!

Either Dak plays for the $31.4m Franchise Tag this year or Dallas signs him to an extension before 3pm. It’s looking like it will be the Franchise Tag. Heading into 2021, if a deal still isn’t worked out, Dallas is looking at a $37.7m Franchise Tag to keep Dak. The sad thing is Stephen Jones could have signed Dak to an extension before 2020 but lowballed him. Same as he did with Tank Lawrence. Then Tank has a great year and his price increased. Dallas paid Zeke Elliott. RB in the NFL is not a position you pay big bucks on in today’s pass happy league. Stephen Jones messes up.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Either Dak plays for the $31.4m Franchise Tag this year or Dallas signs him to an extension before 3pm. It’s looking like it will be the Franchise Tag. Heading into 2021, if a deal still isn’t worked out, Dallas is looking at a $37.7m Franchise Tag to keep Dak. The sad thing is Stephen Jones could have signed Dak to an extension before 2020 but lowballed him. Same as he did with Tank Lawrence. Then Tank has a great year and his price increased. Dallas paid Zeke Elliott. RB in the NFL is not a position you pay big bucks on in today’s pass happy league. Stephen Jones messes up.

They messed up not drafting Hurts .... You can say they low balled Prescott  ...  I say they don't have that much confidence in him ....

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

They messed up not drafting Hurts .... You can say they low balled Prescott  ...  I say they don't have that much confidence in him ....

I don’t think these words have ever been typed by me when talking with you about Dak, but I think you are right. You pay your franchise QB, right? Unless you don’t think he is. I’m starting to have bad feelings that the McCarthy Era will have two good years and then roll the dice on QB.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I don’t think these words have ever been typed by me when talking with you about Dak, but I think you are right. You pay your franchise QB, right? Unless you don’t think he is. I’m starting to have bad feelings that the McCarthy Era will have two good years and then roll the dice on QB.

What the Cowboys are offering him now is $2-3mil more a year than Dak was going to take this summer.  You could have had him for $32m a year last July.  Now you are trying to pay him $35m... Franchise tag him and let him have another good year, it will go up to $38m...

26 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Well, no one liked my idea of trading Dak and a 1st and a 5th to Cincy for Burrow...  would have been a steal.

Dak walks after ‘21. Do we take one in ‘22 or tank for ‘23? That’s what I’m afraid is coming down the pike. 

Prescott is a solid game manager.  He's not a difference maker like Mahomes, Wilson or Jackson ... yet he wants their kind of money ... if the Cowboys thought he was that kind of QB, Jerruh would have already given him that kind of a contract.  They have already offered him more than he's worth  ... I don't think there is a buffalo nickel's difference between him and Dalton ...arguably Prescott has had better talent around him than Dalton ... 

I'm telling you, Hurts is going to be a star in the NFL unless the team collapses around him ....

The one thing about Philly and Hurts is should find out pretty quick if he has it or not. Carson Wentz is as injury prone and overrated a QB as any of them. Hurts will get his shot. Can he do something with it? I don’t know but Pederson did win a SB with Nick Foles.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

The one thing about Philly and Hurts is should find out pretty quick if he has it or not. Carson Wentz is as injury prone and overrated a QB as any of them. Hurts will get his shot. Can he do something with it? I don’t know but Pederson did win a SB with Nick Foles.

The answer is no.  Hurts wasn’t a difference maker at Bama against inferior competition and Kirt thinks he can destroy the vaunted Washington and NYG defenses...  if he becomes the starter, I will pick whichever defense is playing him each week in Fantasy football

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The answer is no.  Hurts wasn’t a difference maker at Bama against inferior competition and Kirt thinks he can destroy the vaunted Washington and NYG defenses...  if he becomes the starter, I will pick whichever defense is playing him each week in Fantasy football

Hurts is a very dynamic dual threat QB 6'1"  223 .... He's bigger, faster and more elusive than Russell Wilson 5'11"  215 .... and is at least as good a passer as Wilson  ... in a good situation, he will excell ...

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hurts is a very dynamic dual threat QB 6'1"  223 .... He's bigger, faster and more elusive than Russell Wilson 5'11"  215 .... and is at least as good a passer as Wilson  ... in a good situation, he will excell ...

@MavGrad99 I ain’t seen Kirt try and sell me this hard on something since Trump in 2016.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Dak could easily  eat himself into an offensive tackle or nose guard position with a couple of extra pancakes for breakfast ... just look at his family .... 😂

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

27 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think Dak could easily  eat himself into an offensive tackle or nose guard position with a couple of extra pancakes for breakfast ... just look at his family .... 😂

Runt of the litter 😂

People keep saying, 'Dallas low-balled Dak'....

For those that keep making that claim, you do realize the Cowboys offered Dak one of the richest contracts in NFL history, right? Of course you don't, otherwise you wouldn't keep making those comments, lol. 

The only reason Dak has not been signed, is because he refuses to go beyond 4 years and Dallas refuses to go below 5. It's had nothing to do with the amount of $ in the offer. 

Oh, and for those that continue to bring up Mahomes and his contract, please stop. Dak is not on the same level as Mahomes. 

12 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

People keep saying, 'Dallas low-balled Dak'....

For those that keep making that claim, you do realize the Cowboys offered Dak one of the richest contracts in NFL history, right? Of course you don't, otherwise you wouldn't keep making those comments, lol. 

The only reason Dak has not been signed, is because he refuses to go beyond 4 years and Dallas refuses to go below 5. It's had nothing to do with the amount of $ in the offer. 

Oh, and for those that continue to bring up Mahomes and his contract, please stop. Dak is not on the same level as Mahomes. 

It has EVERYTHING to do with $$$$$$$ ... in the NEXT contract .... it's a contract timing issue  ...  I still say they aren't that sure he is their franchise QB .... otherwise they would have caved to the shorter deal .... they should throw in a clause about the offensive guard/nose tackle move ... lol ......

2 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Did I want Dak signed.... Yes

is it the end of the world ? ....NO

He can be tagged for 2 years. He has no option but to play his best to get a big payday after that.  I like him at 35-37M/yr.     At 40+ he can go elsewhere.

Jerruh will can him for a cheaper option after next season or before ....

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jerruh will can him for a cheaper option after next season or before ....

Play him under the tag for ‘20. Pull a @MavGrad99 and trade him in ‘21. Tank with Dalton or Da Nooch. Get a top 5, top 10 pick. Hope we draft the next Mahomes and not a Paxton Lynch.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Play him under the tag for ‘20. Pull a @MavGrad99 and trade him in ‘21. Tank with Dalton or Da Nooch. Get a top 5, top 10 pick. Hope we draft the next Mahomes and not a Paxton Lynch.

Jerruh would have been miles ahead if he had pulled the trigger on Hurts .... by the time he figures out what he missed out on and does what you are saying, he will have more shoes to fill than QB ...

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jerruh would have been miles ahead if he had pulled the trigger on Hurts .... by the time he figures out what he missed out on and does what you are saying, he will have more shoes to fill than QB ...

There’s a good chunk of cap room that will be available in ‘22. ‘20 and ‘21 will be tight squeezes but manageable. It’s just what steps Dallas will take to get there.