UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

BlahBlah

7 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

So much for announcing Monday.

I think they're trying to find a way to appease everybody. And that's not going to happen.

There are some folks (who know way more about this than I do) that are saying the UIL does not want to interrupt the THSCA Coaching School & Conference going on virtually right now by making an announcement today.  It started yesterday and ends tomorrow afternoon.  Thought being many of the attendees would “check out” of the sessions to react to the announcement whatever it may be.  So it makes sense that we might see something around 5pm tomorrow afternoon or first thing Wed morning.

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

There are some folks (who know way more about this than I do) that are saying the UIL does not want to interrupt the THSCA Coaching School & Conference going on virtually right now by making an announcement today.  It started yesterday and ends tomorrow afternoon.  Thought being many of the attendees would “check out” of the sessions to react to the announcement whatever it may be.  So it makes sense that we might see something around 5pm tomorrow afternoon or first thing Wed morning.

That's good to know. But then the UIL should have known this and not made an announcement late last week that they would make an announcement on Monday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

That's good to know. But then the UIL should have known this and not made an announcement late last week that they would make an announcement on Monday.

Maybe someone from the THSCA notified the UIL after their announcement and said WTH guys!

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Maybe someone from the THSCA notified the UIL after their announcement and said WTH guys!

That's possible. But you'd think that the UIL as the governing body for extracurriculars in Texas would be on top of that. A group of people with advanced degrees can't figure that out?

6 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

That's possible. But you'd think that the UIL as the governing body for extracurriculars in Texas would be on top of that. A group of people with advanced degrees can't figure that out?

Nothing should surprise us at this point in 2020.  Nothing.

5 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Lol no I gotcha. I think it was responsible for close to half of all the American deaths in WWI, but I could be very wrong there.

There were only 116,708 total deaths from all causes to Americans in WW I.  600,000 Americans died from the Spanish Influenza.  President Wilson also contracted the virus, but covered it up because he didn't want to appear to be weak to Americans while going through WW I.  What is also amazing is the U.S.A. also became the economic power of the world beginning in 1916, and did not relinquish the title until 2014.  The links are already on S.D.C. in other threads.

I'm tending to believe that this virus isn't as deadly as many think it is.  Many deaths are being attributed to the Wuhan, but the main cause of death were of other causes.  Since they were infected with the Wuhan they are being counted as Wuhan deaths.  That is a fallacy, and it should not have been a requisite for funds from the Federal Government.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Who cares?  Those are the only games that count anyway.

I’m sure the kids and coaches that don’t get the same amount of games care. 

I mean who cares if one district gets 8 games while another gets 3 or 4........ 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

More than likely still don’t know what they would announce. UIL Lady said the other day to not even expect announcement about “changes” on Monday........

3 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Heard UIL isn't announcing anything today.  Probably tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hearing that could be caused by a lack of tests available.  I saw an article today that since the NBA, MLB, and NFL are attempting to start back up that they are putting a strain on the amount of tests that will be available.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/07/12/coronavirus-sports-leagues-burdening-covid-19-testing-resources/5404426002/  .  That might be why they aren't announcing yet.  I haven't heard who or who hasn't reported to the Chiefs and Texans camps today, and only rookies and a few others had to report.  As J.J. Watt has expressed he isn't happy with they way they are wanting to open their season.  We have already seen NBA and MLB players opt out of their seasons.  

25 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m sure the kids and coaches that don’t get the same amount of games care. 

I mean who cares if one district gets 8 games while another gets 3 or 4........ 🙄

my 2nd idea was to start on time but only play the last 6 games on your schedule and let the districts sort out their tiebreakers 

I've seen a couple of tweets saying look for something Wednesday.  But who knows at this point. 

Tepper did say that in the UILs update for athletic directors at THSCA, they said football coaches may need to get creative to ensure district games get played. IMO that points to a shortened season and district only games. We shall see

29 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I've seen a couple of tweets saying look for something Wednesday.  But who knows at this point. 

Tepper did say that in the UILs update for athletic directors at THSCA, they said football coaches may need to get creative to ensure district games get played. IMO that points to a shortened season and district only games. We shall see

Twitter was talking about the "Big News" today... and it turns out that there was none.  Shocker

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The TASO Football is virtual this weekend also!

• Thanks 1

I’m not trying to get into a debate with anyone but in my wildest dreams I find it hard to believe people think this virus is a hoax. I’m republican, I voted for Trump and will vote for him this election. But who in the hail would take any Presidents word over the CDC and science? I have a college degree and can figure this stuff out, COVID is real. I’ve known people affected with the virus and people who have died from the virus. I CAN NOT understand why an educated individual or uneducated as for as that goes can’t realize this virus is real. 

Everyone has their opinion and I’m not going to try to persuade either way, but it’s real IMO. The NCAA cancelled a half billion dollar basketball tournament, professional sports have been at a halt so those people believe its real. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

The virus isn’t a hoax the fear like it is the black plaque is. For the record Trump never said it was an hoax. 

I never said Trump said it was a hoax. But he’s treating it as such by his actions is what I’m saying. Even though recently he’s been seen wearing a mask. All he has to say is wear a mask and all the little soldiers will fall in line, again IMO.

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

There were only 116,708 total deaths from all causes to Americans in WW I.  600,000 Americans died from the Spanish Influenza.  President Wilson also contracted the virus, but covered it up because he didn't want to appear to be weak to Americans while going through WW I.  What is also amazing is the U.S.A. also became the economic power of the world beginning in 1916, and did not relinquish the title until 2014.  The links are already on S.D.C. in other threads.

I'm tending to believe that this virus isn't as deadly as many think it is.  Many deaths are being attributed to the Wuhan, but the main cause of death were of other causes.  Since they were infected with the Wuhan they are being counted as Wuhan deaths.  That is a fallacy, and it should not have been a requisite for funds from the Federal Government.  

They are counting all deaths from eaten by a crocodile to sky diving accidents as Covid 19 deaths ... to expand the numbers as high as possible for purely political reasons to try and help the dimturds in November ... tru storie ....

8 hours ago, randomuser said:

I’m not trying to get into a debate with anyone but in my wildest dreams I find it hard to believe people think this virus is a hoax. I’m republican, I voted for Trump and will vote for him this election. But who in the hail would take any Presidents word over the CDC and science? I have a college degree and can figure this stuff out, COVID is real. I’ve known people affected with the virus and people who have died from the virus. I CAN NOT understand why an educated individual or uneducated as for as that goes can’t realize this virus is real. 

Everyone has their opinion and I’m not going to try to persuade either way, but it’s real IMO. The NCAA cancelled a half billion dollar basketball tournament, professional sports have been at a halt so those people believe its real. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

The virus is very real if you are already in bad health.  For everyone else the virus is much less dangerous than the seasonal flu.  The response is a HOAX!  The logical response would have been to do everything possible to protect the vulnerable (especially nursing homes).  Everything else is just political hyperbole.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

The virus is very real if you are already in bad health.  For everyone else the virus is much less dangerous than the seasonal flu.  The response is a HOAX!  The logical response would have been to do everything possible to protect the vulnerable (especially nursing homes).  Everything else is just political hyperbole.  

This is America. EVERYTHING is political hyperbole.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

TRUTH!!!!

17 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Key word “government body “ says volumes. You know.dont wanna offend a 1%group..js 

• Like 1