UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

BlahBlah

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I just don't understand the decision. I want to see football as much as anyone (I will seriously be unbearable to be around this Fall if we don't have it, lol), but what is the justification behind allowing 1A-4A to play, and not 5&6A? Are kids at 1-4A schools immune?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

I just don't understand the decision. I want to see football as much as anyone (I will seriously be unbearable to be around this Fall if we don't have it, lol), but what is the justification behind allowing 1A-4A to play, and not 5&6A? Are kids at 1-4A schools immune?

The amount of kids at school and people at games is the biggest difference

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

It’s probably more geared to the Dallas and Houston areas but I get your point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I'm thinking a lot of the 1A-4A schools are in smaller counties that aren't hit as hard vs a lot of the 6A/5A schools are in larger metro areas.

I agree though, I don't understand it myself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

The amount of kids at school and people at games is the biggest difference

Crowds are being limited to capacity at any large event. The same can be done at a HS football game. 

Besides, 'smaller' schools can draw large crowds as well. Kilgore stadium, for example, holds 8K people. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Crowds are being limited to capacity at any large event. The same can be done at a HS football game. 

Besides, 'smaller' schools can draw large crowds as well. Kilgore stadium, for example, holds 8K people. 

Okay now hold a stadium at 50% that holds 10,000 and a stadium that holds 40,000... Its a big difference 

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

Okay now hold a stadium at 50% that holds 10,000 and a stadium that holds 40,000... Its a big difference 

What high school in Texas has a 40,000 seat stadium? lol

The most, I would imagine, most schools are going to be allowed to host is 50% capacity. And even that, across most stadiums in Texas, would be a 6000 fan max. Allen or Plano or Permian might reach 8 or 9,000 with 50% but that's rare until playoff time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

What high school in Texas has a 40,000 seat stadium? lol

The most, I would imagine, most schools are going to be allowed to host is 50% capacity. And even that, across most stadiums in Texas, would be a 6000 fan max. Allen or Plano or Permian might reach 8 or 9,000 with 50% but that's rare until playoff time.

Allen holds 18,000 and its not the biggest in texas look it up.... When i said 40,000 i was just using it as an example.... But most 3a schools hold an avg of 3,000

Just now, Stoney said:

Have they pushed all schools starting back to September 8th or is that just certain districts? No games until the 24th sounds like only district games to be played. 

Only 5A and 6A are starting their seasons on the weekend of the 24th-26th.

4A and down start at same times.

5A and 6A's season has been pushed back entirely with state title games taking place in January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Only 5A and 6A are starting their seasons on the weekend of the 24th-26th.

4A and down start at same times.

5A and 6A's season has been pushed back entirely with state title games taking place in January.

That’s why they call me Stoney. No reading comprehension and it was my post. 😂

Do we know if the 5A & 6A schedules will be reduced so that all playoffs/state championships are still held at the same time or is it their plan to have them start later thus not having as many teams in one location for state game(s).... maybe they split the state games up to different locations this year (if Jerry will allow it).... ???

4 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Do we know if the 5A & 6A schedules will be reduced so that all playoffs/state championships are still held at the same time or is it their plan to have them start later thus not having as many teams in one location for state game(s).... maybe they split the state games up to different locations this year (if Jerry will allow it).... ???

It appears the small-school regional semi finals will be during week 10 of the big school regular season... So we may see a lot of small school coin flip for home/home since the bigger schools will be using their own stadiums

Spent 33 yrs in education and 17 as a HFC. This is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. We can’t start school in the building but we can work out all summer and start practice in two weeks. The UIL and TEA need to try talking to each other so the message is the same. Nothing about this says “best interest of the kids”. Guess that is just a tag line in cases where everything is going good.

3 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

So they are playing 4 weeks later than scheduled. So what. We have a season. Great news !   

5 weeks, but it looks like it will be 6 weeks for those schools that are shut down until Sept 7.

57 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Just saw this...

• Thanks 1

I think this is just a baseline to throw something out there. with Covid numbers still on the rise, and school opens, it will determine the future of fall sports. This is a long way from over. Not to mention parents pulling kids from extra carciricular activities. Tough decisions ahead.