UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

BlahBlah

18 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Just saw this...

So it sounds like this decision was made due to the fact many of those larger districts have also delayed the first day of school, as well as when they'll return in person (for example, ALL of Dallas County will be virtual until Sept. 8th.  If that's the case, then yes, it makes more sense.

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m just happy they didn’t treat 2A/3A schools like 6A schools.

As long as I can get my Eagle Burger and social distance by the end zone chain link fence, I’m good.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GOLEE said:

I think this is just a baseline to throw something out there. with Covid numbers still on the rise, and school opens, it will determine the future of fall sports. This is a long way from over. Not to mention parents pulling kids from extra carciricular activities. Tough decisions ahead. 

This 👆.  Will most likely not be the final guidance.  Think iPhone.  What are we on now v11 or v12?

Teams are starting to scramble right now to fix the schedules to play. Lots of smaller schools were trying to play up in non-district. Going to be interesting to see who does what. I'm glad to just be able to play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I imagine people at powerhouses care. The preseason has been responsible for many of Carthage's state titles.

10 schools out of the many hundreds we have in this state does not move the needle for me... And Carthage would have probably been just fine without non-district

As of yesterday, there are still exactly ZERO deaths attributed to Covid-19 in Texas for people under the age of 20.  And as liberally as they counted some of these deaths, that means something.

I know kids who have had it and it ain't no joke, but the response is disproportional to the science. Death rate in Texas for all ages is 1.22%. Protect the sick, the old, and the vulnerable and let people have their lives back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

10 schools out of the many hundreds we have in this state does not move the needle for me... And Carthage would have probably been just fine without non-district

Well I guess you don't know why preseason is important. I understand if you don't follow Carthage but that's a major part of the reason of their success. hopefully all high schools are using the preseason to prepare for additional own playoff run. No one wants to see sloppy football by time district starts.

47 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

As of yesterday, there are still exactly ZERO deaths attributed to Covid-19 in Texas for people under the age of 20.  And as liberally as they counted some of these deaths, that means something.

I know kids who have had it and it ain't no joke, but the response is disproportional to the science. Death rate in Texas for all ages is 1.22%. Protect the sick, the old, and the vulnerable and let people have their lives back.

I know of at least one so what did you get the information from? 

50 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They always have. 

I did see a stat on Twitter that said that 81% of THSF players are in 5A/6A though 

More kids signed to play college ball in 2a then 6a this last year ratio wise as did 4a... Talent is at every level but depth is not... Give me small ball any day

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Well I guess you don't know why preseason is important. I understand if you don't follow Carthage but that's a major part of the reason of their success. hopefully all high schools are using the preseason to prepare for additional own playoff run. No one wants to see sloppy football by time district starts.

I agree its important, but is it "5 games" important?  You have to slightly understand where I am coming from... at the 4A level most schools have 2 scrimmages and 4-5 non-district games... that is basically almost 6 full games and 8 weeks of practice before you play the 4-5 games that actually count.  And a year like this, where shortening the season was close to being a reality a few days ago, I'd rather play the games that matter over the ones that don't.  You are arguing over "importance" of games that have nothing to do with the playoffs during a Pandemic that has already shut down the world once...  There is no fight here.  I'd prefer to have my 10 game season too, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the games that count.

McClennan County ( Waco area ) just closed schools to early Feb.

Breaking: Local health authority closes all McLennan County schools until Sept. 7. Instructs schools to submit written plan for reopening by Aug. 21. Story coming in a few minutes.

14 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

McClennan County ( Waco area ) just closed schools to early Feb.

Breaking: Local health authority closes all McLennan County schools until Sept. 7. Instructs schools to submit written plan for reopening by Aug. 21. Story coming in a few minutes.

This will have a huge effect on a team like La Vega. As of now all of there district mates will have 5 game under their belt before LV can start playing.  And multiple extra weeks of strength camp and practice.   

11 minutes ago, coachkells said:

This will have a huge effect on a team like La Vega. As of now all of there district mates will have 5 game under their belt before LV can start playing.  And multiple extra weeks of strength camp and practice.   

Both #1 La Vega 4ad1 and #1 Mart 2ad2

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Both #1 La Vega 4ad1 and #1 Mart 2ad2

Crawford would also get caught in this...they are usually very strong in small school playoffs.

Kind of strange...the Mclennan County Public Health Director was fired prior to this announcement...wonder if there was a conflict of opinions about this topic??

13 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Crawford would also get caught in this...they are usually very strong in small school playoffs.

Kind of strange...the Mclennan County Public Health Director was fired prior to this announcement...wonder if there was a conflict of opinions about this topic??

Sounds like they need to get a new director to come in and undo some issues created by the one that just got fired.  

• Like 1