UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

BlahBlah

30 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Sounds like they need to get a new director to come in and undo some issues created by the one that just got fired.  

They just fired the one that allowed the schools to make their own decision.  The new one that shut everything down.  

On 7/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Texski said:

Carrollton Ranchview is a 4A school in Dallas County...and in a district with Anna, Melissa, Argyle, Kaufman, Terrell and Paris...gonna be interesting to see how that plays out,

You sure they're not in Denton County?

19 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Might be a good time to add some more bleachers

Or find larger stadiums for those big games scheduled early in the year. It would be a shame to have 50% occupancy for Gilmer/GW but I’d much rather have that then 0%

51 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Or find larger stadiums for those big games scheduled early in the year. It would be a shame to have 50% occupancy for Gilmer/GW but I’d much rather have that then 0%

Might as well pack the house at Lobo that first week. They wont be using it yet unfortunately . Need to start the year off right with a good ole rivalry game. 50% on the GW visitor side will be sad for us.

17 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Might as well pack the house at Lobo that first week. They wont be using it yet unfortunately . Need to start the year off right with a good ole rivalry game. 50% on the GW visitor side will be sad for us.

Outside the fences will be packed regardless of how many they let in lol

1 hour ago, Sbk5280 said:

With their fan base, 100% will be allowed in the gate with room for about 200 neutral fans. 🤣

Yes sir it is.

If I couldn't sit on the visitor side with all the empty seats over in home I'll just come visit over there lol. Usually this game draws a decent crowd though. Especially since this is the first game of the season. GW is coming off of 2 good seasons. I'm expecting this to be a good game between the two.

10 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Yes sir it is.

If I couldn't sit on the visitor side with all the empty seats over in home I'll just come visit over there lol. Usually this game draws a decent crowd though. Especially since this is the first game of the season. GW is coming off of 2 good seasons. I'm expecting this to be a good game between the two.

It should be a pretty good game. GW fans have been talking about this year the past several seasons, #### COVID has kind of put a damper on it. This is one of the more talented class (juniors) I’ve seen come through Gladewater. We have some good seniors to sprinkle in as well. 

Yeah I know I still keep up with yall. I went to some of your games last year too. I grew up in GW and still pass through there daily so I try and keep tabs on everything. Game day I'll be sitting on the Bux side with the family talking noise with my other family on the GW side lol. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. Just hope I can get tickets once they figure everything out.

28 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I’m just curious. Is there any way possible to get a stadium to 50% with the social distancing regulations? The only way I can figure is since people that ride together can sit side by side, you can have large groups ride together and then the groups sit 6’ apart. 

I expect each district will manage the 50% based on official stadium occupancy.  They will sell X number of total tickets (season, pregame & walkup) and no more.  As for social distancing I think that will be more “encouraged” than enforced.  Maybe block off certain rows, etc.  People are going to have to be more aware of their surroundings and make sure others they are sitting around are comfortable with the distance between them.  Some will not care while others will ask for more distance.  It’s better to get that conversation out of the way up front vs assuming.  No reason to get into a heated discussion over something like this.

23 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I’m just asking, if a school has the ability, will they still be able to?

I believe so. I wonder though if both schools will be allowed to stream or only the home team. That is if both teams have a stream. 

45 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I believe so. I wonder though if both schools will be allowed to stream or only the home team. That is if both teams have a stream. 

Both schools have to agree to it or it can’t be streamed.