UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

BlahBlah

On 7/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Texski said:

Carrollton Ranchview is a 4A school in Dallas County...and in a district with Anna, Melissa, Argyle, Kaufman, Terrell and Paris...gonna be interesting to see how that plays out,

Yes......Ranchview is in Denton County, not Dallas County.

6 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

So if both schools agree can they both do their own stream?

I don’t know the actual rules for that but I wouldn’t see why not if there’s space in pressbox that’s gonna be at 50% capacity. 

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Yes......Ranchview is in Denton County, not Dallas County.

Hadn't thought about this, but Carrollton is actually in parts of 3 counties. (Dallas, Denton and Collin) You think it goes by which county the actual school building is located or is it where the ISD administration building is located? 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Hadn't thought about this, but Carrollton is actually in parts of 3 counties. (Dallas, Denton and Collin) You think it goes by which county the actual school building is located or is it where the ISD administration building is located? 

Where the actual high school is located......which is in Denton County.

10 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Where the actual high school is located......which is in Denton County.

I googled it.......and Ranchview H.S. is actually a member of the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD(CFBISD).......so not Dallas County nor Denton County.  But the high school is definitely located in Denton County for sure.......as are several other Carrollton high schools.

Carrollton Creekview H.S.(CFBISD) is also located in Denton County......as is Hebron H.S.(Lewisville ISD).  But Denton County encompasses so many high schools that are in various other ISD's that perhaps the rulings are based on the location of the ISD administrative offices.......not the county in which the high school is located.

Ranchview HS is firmly entrenched within Dallas County. It is a Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD high school but is located in Irving very near 635 & MacArthur. 100% of it's student body resides in Dallas County. I worked in an office building less than a mile from there off of 635 for 5 years shortly after the school opened.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:24 AM, Texski said:

Ranchview HS is firmly entrenched within Dallas County. It is a Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD high school but is located in Irving very near 635 & MacArthur. 100% of it's student body resides in Dallas County. I worked in an office building less than a mile from there off of 635 for 5 years shortly after the school opened.

Yep......sure is.  It's over there off Valley Ranch Parkway which is in Irving.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Joaquin started classes this past week. They had two staff pop a positive so now they have shut down in person classes for two weeks. 

Always been a little weird in Joaquin. Did they take temp before entering building? proper precautions,  

On 8/9/2020 at 10:42 AM, sackem said:

Always been a little weird in Joaquin. Did they take temp before entering building? proper precautions,  

When you start showing temperature, you have already likely been affected for 2-4 days.  

On 7/23/2020 at 9:54 PM, Eagleborn said:

I don’t know the actual rules for that but I wouldn’t see why not if there’s space in press box that’s gonna be at 50% capacity. 

Some schools are not going to let visiting announcers in Press box so you could be watching a silent game if you are watching on TV 

28 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Some stadiums are blessed to have a press box on both sides of the field.  I guess this year that will finally pay off.

Doesn’t mean much when most schools are saying you gotta be 6’ apart.