UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

BlahBlah

The hard part is going to get the urban schools to participate. Dallas, Houston, SA, Austin, Fort Bend County and El Paso are talking mid October before they allow any activities. The rural areas have a chance of being ready to go first.  

I am absolutely tired of it all, being essential has made for a tough and stressful 120 days. I am grateful for my job and my company has more than taken care of us!!! I need some sports somewhere!!!

The kids should go to school and play their sports.  More and more studies are being done word wide and the science and numbers don’t Ly.  This is a terrible and is deadly to some high risk groups.  We know who we are and need to responsible for our on safety.  Some educators fall in this high risk groups.  99 % of school kids do not. Pre conditions such as asthma pose exceptions even in kids and need to be handled By exception

5 hours ago, Aledo said:

I disagree, pretty much every situation is a no win. People are going to be upset regardless. 

That’s the problem, people are more worried about who will get upset than doing what’s right. Real leaders must do what they believe is right and ignore the social media frenzy!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Vernon said:

That’s the problem, people are more worried about who will get upset than doing what’s right. Real leaders must do what they believe is right and ignore the social media frenzy!

Exactly right ... the snowflakes are going to be upset with people resuming their normal lives .... they want to extend the panic mode as long as they can ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

Push the schedule back and then tell me, what is going to be different. Nothing, Covid-19 is not going away it is here to stay. There could be a vaccine, nothing is 100%, people will still catch it.

I believe it's been here, the problem I have with it is, how is the coronavirus that's been around for decades and decades be listed on the back of a can Lysol disinfectant spray that kills it along with other types of viruses and germs and they can't find the proper medical treatment to kill it, something ain't right here.

3 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I believe it's been here, the problem I have with it is, how is the coronavirus that's been around for decades and decades be listed on the back of a can Lysol disinfectant spray that kills it along with other types of viruses and germs and they can't find the proper medical treatment to kill it, something ain't right here.

That's a fair question, since Lysol and Clorox and others have been proven, or at least "thought to be proven" to kill the human coronavirus. I've even asked that same question to some of my friends in the medical community, and the answers are varied and all end up coming to the same point: It's just not that simple. The big point here is that "coronavirus" or "human coronavirus" is just an umbrella term for that particular family of viruses. But underneath that umbrella is a whole bevy of different strains that act differently and produce different effects on the host. MERS, SARS (there are few SARS strains) and now COVID-19, with the latter being a "novel" or new virus. In most of the studies done around the world, COVID has not shown to have a very long or effective "shelf life" on non-living surfaces. It's transmitted through respiratory droplets. That's good news and bad news. Good news because the virus won't last long on any surface without an organic host. Bad news because at that point, Lysol, as a large scale measure against the virus, is rather ineffective and irrelevant. So yes, Lysol can still make the claim that it can neutralize the coronavirus, and most of the ones that fall under that umbrella term. But it's not an effective "treatment" in the macro sense of containing COVID.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

But while it may not be widely effective in containing the virus, it can still help locally. This summer, my school district has record-setting enrollment for summer school, and we were religiously using Lysol and Clorox wipes to disinfect shared chromebooks and other devices. We also had industrial "misters" to disinfect the weight room in between lifting sessions for out different student athletes. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. We didn't have a single positive case in our district this summer. One thing we came to the conclusion though: Using Lysol and other disinfectants the proper way certainly can't hurt.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mavchamp said:

We could easily buy more time if needed to.  Who says football MUST be finished before Christmas?

College and NFL play through the first of the year.  We could too for this season.

Start in October and play till the end of Jan.

Shorten basketball's non-district schedule..... and jump into district quicker.

Week 1: October 9th
Week 11: Dec 18 (end of regular season)
BYE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS
Bi-District: Jan 2 (everyone must play on Saturday)
Area: Jan 7-9
Region Semis: Jan 14-16
Quarterfinals: Jan 21-23
Semifinals: Jan 28-30
State Championships: Feb 3-6

One huge flaw in this scenario... You have the season finishing right at the start of flu season then kicking back up right in the middle of peak flu season.  So you are essentially talking about playing football when we will be fearing illness the most.  COVID will still be creeping and we will have the flu, similar symptoms, kicking you in the crotch at the same time...  Start and finish the season like it is planned in whatever way we need to, end it on time and go on our way.  It is too late to modify the schedule... I would have liked a district only schedule starting week 0 and finishing early to beat the flu season.  The double whammy in Jan/Feb will be rough.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

One huge flaw in this scenario... You have the season finishing right at the start of flu season then kicking back up right in the middle of peak flu season.  So you are essentially talking about playing football when we will be fearing illness the most.  COVID will still be creeping and we will have the flu, similar symptoms, kicking you in the crotch at the same time...  Start and finish the season like it is planned in whatever way we need to, end it on time and go on our way.  It is too late to modify the schedule... I would have liked a district only schedule starting week 0 and finishing early to beat the flu season.  The double whammy in Jan/Feb will be rough.

Not all schools would get to play the same amount of games with a district only schedule. 

Yall remember when we won the First World War during the spanish flu pandemic,and Keizer Wilham was #### and we came home and went back to work..yeah me too,its in all the history books and we were proud of all our brave countrymen...this country needs a revival...js 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yall remember when we won the First World War during the spanish flu pandemic,and Keizer Wilham was #### and we came home and went back to work..yeah me too,its in all the history books and we were proud of all our brave countrymen...this country needs a revival...js 

Lol that is a lovely revisionist take on WWI

18 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

lol but that particular pandemic killed more people worldwide than all the wars ever fought.and we still played thru..walked it off if you will..lol 

Lol no I gotcha. I think it was responsible for close to half of all the American deaths in WWI, but I could be very wrong there.

5 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Corona Virus is a category of different viruses.  Most flu like viruses are put in this category.  This virus may have been human altered by the Chinese.  It just happened to escape the lab accidently.  Most modern countries play with viruses in labs as far as weapons of war.