The Smoakhouse Forums

UIL TO ANNOUNCE MONDAY ABOUT FALLS SPORTS

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is America. EVERYTHING is political hyperbole.

We could easily buy more time if needed to.  Who says football MUST be finished before Christmas? College and NFL play through the first of the year.  We could too for this season. Start in

The virus is very real if you are already in bad health.  For everyone else the virus is much less dangerous than the seasonal flu.  The response is a HOAX!  The logical response would have been to do

Posted Images

McClennan County ( Waco area ) just closed schools to early Feb.

Breaking: Local health authority closes all McLennan County schools until Sept. 7. Instructs schools to submit written plan for reopening by Aug. 21. Story coming in a few minutes.

14 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

McClennan County ( Waco area ) just closed schools to early Feb.

Breaking: Local health authority closes all McLennan County schools until Sept. 7. Instructs schools to submit written plan for reopening by Aug. 21. Story coming in a few minutes.

This will have a huge effect on a team like La Vega. As of now all of there district mates will have 5 game under their belt before LV can start playing.  And multiple extra weeks of strength camp and practice.   

11 minutes ago, coachkells said:

This will have a huge effect on a team like La Vega. As of now all of there district mates will have 5 game under their belt before LV can start playing.  And multiple extra weeks of strength camp and practice.   

Both #1 La Vega 4ad1 and #1 Mart 2ad2

Lots of schools are scrambling to find games and scrimmages. Seen where PT is looking for week 1, 2, and 3 games. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Both #1 La Vega 4ad1 and #1 Mart 2ad2

Crawford would also get caught in this...they are usually very strong in small school playoffs.

Kind of strange...the Mclennan County Public Health Director was fired prior to this announcement...wonder if there was a conflict of opinions about this topic??

13 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Crawford would also get caught in this...they are usually very strong in small school playoffs.

Kind of strange...the Mclennan County Public Health Director was fired prior to this announcement...wonder if there was a conflict of opinions about this topic??

Sounds like they need to get a new director to come in and undo some issues created by the one that just got fired.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Sounds like they need to get a new director to come in and undo some issues created by the one that just got fired.  

They just fired the one that allowed the schools to make their own decision.  The new one that shut everything down.  

5 minutes ago, coachkells said:

They just fired the one that allowed the schools to make their own decision.  The new one that shut everything down.  

Thanks for the clarification.  I misunderstood.

On 7/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Texski said:

Carrollton Ranchview is a 4A school in Dallas County...and in a district with Anna, Melissa, Argyle, Kaufman, Terrell and Paris...gonna be interesting to see how that plays out,

You sure they're not in Denton County?

19 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Might be a good time to add some more bleachers

Or find larger stadiums for those big games scheduled early in the year. It would be a shame to have 50% occupancy for Gilmer/GW but I’d much rather have that then 0%

51 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Or find larger stadiums for those big games scheduled early in the year. It would be a shame to have 50% occupancy for Gilmer/GW but I’d much rather have that then 0%

Might as well pack the house at Lobo that first week. They wont be using it yet unfortunately . Need to start the year off right with a good ole rivalry game. 50% on the GW visitor side will be sad for us.

17 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Might as well pack the house at Lobo that first week. They wont be using it yet unfortunately . Need to start the year off right with a good ole rivalry game. 50% on the GW visitor side will be sad for us.

Outside the fences will be packed regardless of how many they let in lol

1 hour ago, Sbk5280 said:

With their fan base, 100% will be allowed in the gate with room for about 200 neutral fans. 🤣

7 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

With their fan base, 100% will be allowed in the gate with room for about 200 neutral fans. 🤣

Sadly for home games that would be about true. I’d expect a lot of neutral fans though. 

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

Sadly for home games that would be about true. I’d expect a lot of neutral fans though. 

It's a Thursday night game right?

Yes sir it is.

If I couldn't sit on the visitor side with all the empty seats over in home I'll just come visit over there lol. Usually this game draws a decent crowd though. Especially since this is the first game of the season. GW is coming off of 2 good seasons. I'm expecting this to be a good game between the two.

10 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Yes sir it is.

If I couldn't sit on the visitor side with all the empty seats over in home I'll just come visit over there lol. Usually this game draws a decent crowd though. Especially since this is the first game of the season. GW is coming off of 2 good seasons. I'm expecting this to be a good game between the two.

It should be a pretty good game. GW fans have been talking about this year the past several seasons, #### COVID has kind of put a damper on it. This is one of the more talented class (juniors) I’ve seen come through Gladewater. We have some good seniors to sprinkle in as well. 

Yeah I know I still keep up with yall. I went to some of your games last year too. I grew up in GW and still pass through there daily so I try and keep tabs on everything. Game day I'll be sitting on the Bux side with the family talking noise with my other family on the GW side lol. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. Just hope I can get tickets once they figure everything out.

8 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I thought the same . I would actually sport that as ridiculous as it looks lol.

I'm in. Anybody got a purchase link?