Week One: Longview vs Temple

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Temple Wildcats (0-0)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out
    • COVID in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

QG had big shoes to fill coming behind the great Joel Armstrong. Now LG has big shoes to fill coming behind Haynes King.

I still feel for Quincy. Getting injured his senior year just was awful for him.

Obviously season overall turned out alright, in 2004. But would've been interesting to see how things would've turned out with him and Carlin sharing time under center.

10 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I still feel for Quincy. Getting injured his senior year just was awful for him.

Obviously season overall turned out alright, in 2004. But would've been interesting to see how things would've turned out with him and Carlin sharing time under center.

Carlin Freeman was a true leader at the QB position....tough mentally and physically. Great dude. 

But a healthy Quincy Grant would've changed the dynamics of those 2003 and 2004 teams tremendously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

People will think I have lost my mind but with a healthy QG that Longview Team would have most likely been the best of all time.

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

People will think I have lost my mind but with a healthy QG that Longview Team would have most likely been the best of all time.

If people think you have lost your mind for saying this....they're insane. lol

So many great players on that 05 team like Cortez Beall (hardest hitting Lobo safety I've ever seen) didnt even start in 04 because that team was so damn loaded.

The talent currently coming up the ranks is very similar to that of what you saw during that time period. Sophomore-8th grade...load of talent and these players will have the size to match it.

Longview vs Temple moved to Fox Sports Southwest on the TV side of things.

Denton Guyer vs Arlington Martin will be the game ahead of us now.

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/08/25/denton-guyer-vs-arlington-martin-will-be-part-of-fssw-televised-doubleheader-at-att-stadium/

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview vs Temple moved to Fox Sports Southwest on the TV side of things.

Denton Guyer vs Arlington Martin will be the game ahead of us now.

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/08/25/denton-guyer-vs-arlington-martin-will-be-part-of-fssw-televised-doubleheader-at-att-stadium/

Great news for our fans!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tickets to the general public for the Longview/Temple game go on sale tomorrow morning at 10 AM for anyone who hasn't seen it...

https://seatgeek.com/texas-hs-football-ryan-v-martin-temple-v-longview-tickets/football/2020-09-25-4-05-pm/5328004

When purchasing tickets, we are the visiting team Lobos.

10 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Does any one of you Longview SDC posters know if gate tickets will be available for the Texas High scrimmage for visitors?  Does any one of you know if the scrimmage will be live streamed on Lobo TV?

In the past, they've only allowed fans on the home side for scrimmages. I'm not sure if that'll be the same this year, @LOL would know more about that. Would imagine there will be plenty of seats available though.

And yes, the scrimmage will be streamed.

10 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Does any one of you Longview SDC posters know if gate tickets will be available for the Texas High scrimmage for visitors?  Does any one of you know if the scrimmage will be live streamed on Lobo TV?

28 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

In the past, they've only allowed fans on the home side for scrimmages. I'm not sure if that'll be the same this year, @LOL would know more about that. Would imagine there will be plenty of seats available though.

And yes, the scrimmage will be streamed.

$3 at the gate, credit card only. Both sides of the stadium are gonna be open. 

Lobo games will be online here: https://w3.lisd.org/lobovideo/

• Like 1