Gunter needs game 1 opponent

GTAlumnus

Sunnyvale unfortunately is in Dallas County and can't play.  Apparently they are not even allowed to go to Gunter and play either.  Hopefully there is a 4A and under team that had a private school or someone in a hot county  that also needs an opponent.

7 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Sunnyvale unfortunately is in Dallas County and can't play.  Apparently they are not even allowed to go to Gunter and play either.  Hopefully there is a 4A and under team that had a private school or someone in a hot county  that also needs an opponent.

Carthage is looking for week 1.  🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

Melissa has a 5a school on their schedule for week 2 so they may be looking. Easy trip for either.  

Wow, 325 Miles.   Maybe they could meet at Crockett though, if they want to play bad enough.

11 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin might need a week 1..... Game was supposed to be against Lorena but the county wont let them play till sept 7th 

20 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Millsap and Clifton were looking for a Week 1 last I heard.  

• Roll Eyes 1

On 7/21/2020 at 10:59 PM, GTAlumnus said:

Damit man, I was thinking about going to that game since I live next to Sunnyvale now

Sunnyvale is at a huge disadvantage for the season.   They can't even practice til late September while all their district mates start with week 1 as they normally would.  Or so I hear.

30 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Damit man, I was thinking about going to that game since I live next to Sunnyvale now

On 7/28/2020 at 11:18 PM, GTAlumnus said:

Sunnyvale is at a huge disadvantage for the season.   They can't even practice til late September while all their district mates start with week 1 as they normally would.  Or so I hear.

Is Gunter picked to win state again this yr, I heard they lost some key starters from last yrs team?

7 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Is Gunter picked to win state again this yr, I heard they lost some key starters from last yrs team?

They are kind of like Carthage in a lot of ways.  Vast majority of the kids grow up now wanting to play football due to their success.  That allows them a larger than normal pool of kids to work with in their classification.  I believe the term is called reloading.  They learn how to win early and that confidence carries on through their high school years. Their offensive scheme matches well with their players and the coaching staff gets maximum effort.  They got a good thing going for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They are kind of like Carthage in a lot of ways.  Vast majority of the kids grow up now wanting to play football due to their success.  That allows them a larger than normal pool of kids to work with in their classification.  I believe the term is called reloading.  They learn how to win early and that confidence carries on through their high school years. Their offensive scheme matches well with their players and the coaching staff gets maximum effort.  They got a good thing going for sure.

The key is a good coaching staff

6 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Plus they pull from surrounding areas.