Gunter needs game 1 opponent

GTAlumnus

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Okie dokie. They’re the only ones that sweat in football. I’m sure they work hard. They better. Stuff is bad if you don’t. 

Relax.  For someone who screws with people, you'd think you would know how to take it as well.  What you were implying was not lost on anyone reading your comment.  What you were implying was baseless nonsense.  But, it is taken as a compliment because if the butt whipping was so bad that you have to dance around, but not directly address this thing that literally everyone who read your comment knows what you were dancing around, then it just means that you really got throttled.  You literally have to imply - but not directly say (because you are a coward) - that the team that beat the bull (pun intended) out of you so bad must have cheated to do so.  I'm actually OK with you thinking that.  I mean...you didn't actually use the s word, so it's OK, and you must think Gunter had super-human athletes if you felt the need to imply what everyone knows you were implying....without using the s word of course.  That's the important part, right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You’re right. It was total dominance. Got to blame it on something. I think we would’ve faired better against Canadian. Our pass defense was good but our run defense was atrocious. All bs aside. I’m loving this aggressive style pax. 

I hate aggressive Pax.  I regret it every time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How long has your coach been there?

2019 was his 13th season as head coach.  I don't actually know if he was an assistant there before that.  Someone else would have to chime in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRed said:

That scrimmage was a whippin, I kinda felt bad for Gunter. I'm glad both teams came out healthy. 

Didn't see it, but 971 to 323 enrollment is a pretty tough scrimmage opponent.  Another covid effect.   But it's a scrimmage -  the idea is to come out healthy and practice against somebody in the another uniform.   Other than the all-state linebacker who was already out another couple of weeks with a broken thumb apparently Gunter succeeded in that regard.  Good luck in that tough district.

57 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He did go off didn’t he. Pax is Roman for peace but that doesn’t mean he can’t flip the switch. 

Coward? Lol. Old man I’ll pull your whiskers out one at a time and make you like it. This ain’t Barry lol

YES he did. Was kinda surprising. Pax was RILED UP for sure. 

I need a trim on my whiskers. Thank you kindly. 😝

Btw, NOBODY on Smoaky is like ol' Berry. His lil minions come close though. Nope, you ain't him. I like you, lmao. 😂

17 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

So 13 years as HC or is that including his DC days. Still that consistent leadership in any case. 

Pretty sure the 13 years was all head coach.  His record as head coach is 151-26  so that is an average of 13.6 games per season.  I think he was DC 2 years.  Pretty sure this will be the youngest team he has fielded in the last 5 years.  Good young players though.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:56 PM, GTAlumnus said:

Didn't see it, but 971 to 323 enrollment is a pretty tough scrimmage opponent.  Another covid effect.   But it's a scrimmage -  the idea is to come out healthy and practice against somebody in the another uniform.   Other than the all-state linebacker who was already out another couple of weeks with a broken thumb apparently Gunter succeeded in that regard.  Good luck in that tough district.

Its worse than that Melissa is right at 1200 kids in hs.You are correct though, both teams came out healthy and got some work in against another team. 

On 8/21/2020 at 10:07 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

So 13 years as HC or is that including his DC days. Still that consistent leadership in any case. 

He has been in Gunter since 2004. It was his first coaching job out of college. Believe he was promoted too DC in 2006 and got the HC job that next year. Gunter head coaches have largely come from inside the building and I'm pretty sure I read in an article that they have had only 1 outside head coach hire since the program moved to 11 man ball in the late 70's. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...