The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Thread

Wild74

Another thought Alvarez is starting the season on the injured list, back in spring training he had knee problems but they won't say what his problem is right now. I assume it is still his knees, my thoughts he should have had surgery back then and I wondering if he did and is just healing up.  

#1. I hate MLB TV...Fans aren't allowed to go to games, so let's black out the games locally still...Thank goodness for a 7-day trial of Fubo TV

#2. They looked good. Real good.

I'm ready to see LMJ pitch tonight. Dude was nasty the other night. He is thenstud of the future...

36 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Just during warm ups. Regular Astros shirts under jerseys.

I was late to the game and didn't see the National Anthem but I seen where all the Texas Rangers did not take a knee wondering if the Astros did

39 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Just during warm ups. Regular Astros shirts under jerseys.

I would not have even seen this except the Astros Web site put it on there, a lot of the Astros fans was livid on twitter and some where not so livid. I hope they are through with the virtue signaling

Astros played a good game last night looks like Baker is coaching the same way Hinch did with all the infield placements and the batting order is just about the same except Correa is batting a little lower in the lineup. Lance gets the call today so I guess we will see if he is back or not, looked good in the few games he pitched in spring training though. 

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I was late to the game and didn't see the National Anthem but I seen where all the Texas Rangers did not take a knee wondering if the Astros did

Answering my own question...

In a sight duplicated around baseball on Opening Day, the Astros and Mariners on Friday showed solidarity in delivering a message in support of social justice by kneeling in unison on the field prior to the national anthem at Minute Maid Park.

8 hours ago, Wild74 said:

No Astros took a knee. A few Mariners held their fist up, but no knees.

12 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Bad game all from start to finish...Didn't deserve a win here...Take the series tomorrow and then on to the Dodgers...

Now they are saying Verlander will be out for two weeks