The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Thread

Wild74

52 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Saying they may give Whitney a chance, said he looked good in the shorten spring training. I guess we shall see.

If the rumors blowing around Twitter are true, Stros fans might not have to worry about the rotation at all.

27 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If the rumors blowing around Twitter are true, Stros fans might not have to worry about the rotation at all.

It was fun while it lasted...Not really. Losing JV to Tommy John in a three-game season is just sad...

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Looks like the season for everyone might be coming to an end

If they shut it down, maybe they will come to their senses about all this BLM/kneeling :BS: before next season ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

9 hours ago, topher805 said:

It was fun while it lasted...Not really. Losing JV to Tommy John in a three-game season is just sad...

It's still a wait and see from what I'm hearing.  If he does have the surgery he's done for next year too.  If that happens I see him retiring.  Next year is the last season of his contract, and then he'll be 39.  I wouldn't pay him more than $1 million after that, unless it was incentive laden for production.  That could have been the last time we see him pitch.  

i had a thought today, but I doubt it would go over especially with the Florida Marlins fiasco in Philly.  I wish they would raffle off tickets for the games, and have at least one person if not three per every two rows to watch the games in person.  I know I'd buy a couple of tickets just to go see a game.  Seeing all of those seats empty seems like a waste.  I know as a player, it wouldn't bother me a bit not to have fans in the seats.  Think of all the pick up games you played when it was hard to find enough people just to field even a limited baseball team for sandlot baseball or whiffle ball games.  With the games in full action, I would love to watch it even from the nosebleeds.    

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's still a wait and see from what I'm hearing.  If he does have the surgery he's done for next year too.  If that happens I see him retiring.  Next year is the last season of his contract, and then he'll be 39.  I wouldn't pay him more than $1 million after that, unless it was incentive laden for production.  That could have been the last time we see him pitch.  

i had a thought today, but I doubt it would go over especially with the Florida Marlins fiasco in Philly.  I wish they would raffle off tickets for the games, and have at least one person if not three per every two rows to watch the games in person.  I know I'd buy a couple of tickets just to go see a game.  Seeing all of those seats empty seems like a waste.  I know as a player, it wouldn't bother me a bit not to have fans in the seats.  Think of all the pick up games you played when it was hard to find enough people just to field even a limited baseball team for sandlot baseball or whiffle ball games.  With the games in full action, I would love to watch it even from the nosebleeds.    

Chandler Rome, who broke the season ending news in the Chronicle, isn't backing down. He actually doubled down last night. I really hope he is wrong, but when McCullers went down the Astros said it was a forearm strain as well...

I think they are going to be moving baseball games to bubble sites before long...

Good win. Dodgers roll into town for a pair of games...

Bad news...Pressley and Devinski both day-to-day with elbow soreness...

Going to see a lot of elbow injuries this year. A lot of pitchers ramped up quickly for the restart

14 hours ago, topher805 said:

Good win. Dodgers roll into town for a pair of games...

Bad news...Pressley and Devinski both day-to-day with elbow soreness...

Going to see a lot of elbow injuries this year. A lot of pitchers ramped up quickly for the restart

Might as well give Whitney a shot. Devo had a terrible second half last year and it is continuing into this year. I didn't know about Pressley but he was lights out for the most part last year

Bregman playing like doo doo tonight. I think he forgot how many outs there were, so he went home instead of second...

Pitching hasn't been bad, just some bad breaks. One of those nights where the shift is NOT helping...