The Smoakhouse Forums

The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Thread

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I know their still will be haters but Houston gained some respect by being consistently competitive. Even without the whole sign stealing they are good enough as a WS type of team.

I think that is the toughest pill to swallow. The Astros were good enough without the sign stealing. When the news broke, it kind of negated the Astros run in 2019 even through it was done without cheating. It took this season to get people to realize how good this team is. Plus I think their grit against TB won back a few haters. 

Best part? I don't think the window is closed yet. The young pitchers stepped up big and will keep that window open a little longer. Just depends on how we handle Brantley (Gone IMO), Springer (Gone IMO), and Correa (Staying).

Started a podcast today called The Edge: Houston Astros that does some digging into the whole ordeal. So far it is good. Has people from around the organization and obviously people outside. A lot of different perspectives instead of the lazy take we get from mainstream media...

• Like 1
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not watching this  ...

Astros can go to hell.......

To hell with them......

Posted Images

I have more hope now for the next 3-4 years than I did at the start of the year. Even though I think we may/probably will lose Springer this year I can't help but be excited about the talented young arms that have seemingly appeared out of nowhere.  If we can just hold one of either Springer or Correa in the next 2 years I like our position.  Verlander and Greinke's contract will be off the books after next year freeing up lots of money to add some talent to the Tucker/Bregman/Altuve base. But.......we've gotta get Alvarez back. Having double knee surgery this young is a bad sign.  He would be the difference maker offensively.