The Official Texas Rangers 2020 thread

Red90fly

Good win last night. Lynn was good, but can get better. Bats need to wake up though. 

I thought the stadium staff did a good job with the "crowd noise" and sounds. The "DoppleRangers" were a cool idea, but strange to see, lol. I love the centerfield TV angle view behind the pitcher. 

It's just one game. Not getting my hopes up too much. But I'm still optimistic about the season. 

60 game season and the expanded playoffs, we got a shot. Lynn was solid. Offense is going to take time to come around.

If the new ballpark is going to play like a pitchers ballpark things could get interesting. Can Kluber rebound? Can Minor keep up the career renaissance? Can Gibson and Lyles be steady? Can Lelerc and the pen keep things close? The offense should be decent enough.

Put me down for 32-28 for the season. AL West runner ups.

10 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Solak needs to be in the lineup everyday.

I agree. I like that kid. 

The Rangers need to do something. They're playing (so far) like they've all got the covid or something. No energy. No spunk. The bats are non-existent, and pitching inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

6 runs in 4 games.  Absolutely pathetic.  Shockingly, Texas is #2 in team ERA in the American League.

Maybe we could play a few games at the old Ballpark and see if the bats wake up?

Finally, yes! A win! :mower:😂

Hopefully, this kick starts the offense a lil bit. 7 runs is good. Hadn't scored more than 2 before this. 

Yep, starting pitching has been great thus far. Just need to bring down their pitch count and go longer into games. 

It's only been 5 games. 2-3 record. Hopefully, they'll rattle off some wins and be in better shape by the time they play divisional opponents. 

For a team that is built around the pitching staff, the last few games have been concerning. They were in double digits in walks last night including 2 times with the bases loaded. I saw one bases loaded walk where we blew a fast ball past the hitter at 3-1 and then we throw a curveball on 3-2 to walk him? This team is not going to be a consistent offense power so the pitching woes worry me. I was optimistic about making the playoffs with the expanded system but right now it doesn’t look good. 

3 hours ago, TXCoach1456 said:

For a team that is built around the pitching staff, the last few games have been concerning. They were in double digits in walks last night including 2 times with the bases loaded. I saw one bases loaded walk where we blew a fast ball past the hitter at 3-1 and then we throw a curveball on 3-2 to walk him? This team is not going to be a consistent offense power so the pitching woes worry me. I was optimistic about making the playoffs with the expanded system but right now it doesn’t look good. 

Well the Astros might not be a problem because all the veteran pitchers have sore arms and Houston has 10 rookie pitchers right now