The Official Texas Rangers 2020 thread

Red90fly

2 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Gallo has picked back up where he was pre broken hamate bone...other than him...YIKES! Solak generally has good ABs, heineman has been decent so far. 

Willie must still be hesitant due to the fractured jaw in spring training. He was crushing the ball last year.

21 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Willie must still be hesitant due to the fractured jaw in spring training. He was crushing the ball last year.

He just seems to be swinging at everything. Thought he had taken some steps last year to improve plate “discipline” but it isn’t good so far. 

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

This team stinks.  Anybody else tossed in the towel yet?

They've been pathetic so far. Only exception is Lynn. Minor has been disappointing, and is in a serious funk. Gallo has been okay. 

Nope! No towel throwing from me. I hang in with all my teams until the very end. It's my nature. 

On 8/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, TTman7 said:

They've been pathetic so far. Only exception is Lynn. Minor has been disappointing, and is in a serious funk. Gallo has been okay. 

Nope! No towel throwing from me. I hang in with all my teams until the very end. It's my nature. 

Gallo is streaky, so he'll go through some droughts.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, Red90fly said:

This team stinks.  Anybody else tossed in the towel yet?

I actually threw in the towel to light a fire under them.  Don't look now, but if season ended today Rangers would be in playoffs as 2nd place team.

playoffs-you-kidding-me.jpg

Anyone heard why the Rangers are starting a lot of their home games at 8:05 ?????...........With no fans at the stadium trying to get off work at 5:00 in Dallas(or wherever) and make it to the game, I would think they start at 6:05 and most everyone can stay awake until the end. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Anyone heard why the Rangers are starting a lot of their home games at 8:05 ?????...........With no fans at the stadium trying to get off work at 5:00 in Dallas(or wherever) and make it to the game, I would think they start at 6:05 and most everyone can stay awake until the end. 

Yea, the broadcasters mentioned it last night. 

Starting at 8pm, means that the west coast team's fans will start at 6pm for them. It's kind of meeting in the middle to help out both team's fans. Something like that. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Yea, the broadcasters mentioned it last night. 

Starting at 8pm, means that the west coast team's fans will start at 6pm for them. It's kind of meeting in the middle to help out both team's fans. Something like that. 

Thanks for your answer.........I don’t agree with doing it but I understand your reply........The Rangers are telling me that they appreciate the other team’s fans more than me(and other Ranger fans)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Thanks for your answer.........I don’t agree with doing it but I understand your reply........The Rangers are telling me that they appreciate the other team’s fans more than me(and other Ranger fans)

Yea, I semi understand too. But I think the west coast teams are starting earlier so we don't have alot of 9pm start times in Texas when they are on road trips. So like I said, kinda meeting in the middle. 

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Tear it all down. New barn needs new ownership and some new young talent. 

Yea, but if they do trade either or both they better get QUALITY AND QUANTITY. I'm hoping for a mixture of major league players that can contribute AND some high level prospects. 

We'll see I guess.