Trump May Drop Out To Avoid Historic Whipping?

BarryLaverty

38 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

But this is one year stats and it’s over half of our s, but population is 1/4 of ours. So if this happens every year then that would mean more repeat offenders in the black community wouldn’t it also mean longer sentences?

Looks that way to me...

52 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

But this is one year stats and it’s over half of our s, but population is 1/4 of ours. So if this happens every year then that would mean more repeat offenders in the black community wouldn’t it also mean longer sentences?

I get what you saying but I did post an article about the people who are convicted with similar backgrounds and there is still a disparity in sentencing .

it was the thing regardless of race most people commit violent crimes are going to be a repeat offenders. This is just me with no stats but the majority of these violent offenders are probably career criminals.

A little food for thought. Cocaine is more prevalent in white communities and cracking black communities. Crack and cocaine are the same exact drug but crack has a much harsher sentence. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I get what you saying but I did post an article about the people who are convicted with similar backgrounds and there is still a disparity in sentencing .

it was the thing regardless of race most people commit violent crimes are going to be a repeat offenders. This is just me with no stats but the majority of these violent offenders are probably career criminals.

A little food for thought. Cocaine is more prevalent in white communities and cracking black communities. Crack and cocaine are the same exact drug but crack has a much harsher sentence. 

You make very good points. And to some degree I really agree with you that over sentencing happens more with black criminals than white. I’m not sure we agree on the prevalence of it but I acknowledge that it happens. Any ideas of solutions? Judges get so much leeway on sentencing, juror sentencing is what it is. I see no need to change that honestly. Proven to be the fairest way to do it in my eyes. 

That crack vs cocaine thing is real. I can’t remember how they justified that or if they even did.