Another Thought on Educators

BarryLaverty

So, you are more afraid of the virus than a lunatic with a gun. Sounds about right, snowflake ....

I don't have to "practice" active shooter drills ... I have been in a few real life situations that make your drills look like a game of leap frog ... because of those experiences, I am in a constant state of readiness .... snowflake ...... and I ain't skeered of the virus ..... snowflake ......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

So, you are more afraid of the virus than a lunatic with a gun. Sounds about right, snowflake ....

I don't have to "practice" active shooter drills ... I have been in a few real life situations that make your drills look like a game of leap frog ... because of those experiences, I am in a constant state of readiness .... snowflake ...... and I ain't skeered of the virus ..... snowflake ......

I am a Survivor of “the virus”, &  know that it isn’t as deadly as the “Fake News” MSM would have people to believe. 

People who are afraid should stay at home & isolate themselves from others, if they fear “the virus”. Otherwise, those of us who have things to do, places to go, & people to see, should do so. You cannot shut down the world to accommodate the .01% Of people “who might die” from it. That is utter nonsense!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I looked at the numbers yesterday, and 236 out of the 250 counties in Texas (as of yesterday) have a fatality rate of 4.5% or less. That's still higher than it probably should be, but on that same token, 55% of the counties have a fatality rate of 1% or less.

Still a tragic loss of life. I'm in a vulnerable category, so I do take extra precautions.

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I looked at the numbers yesterday, and 236 out of the 250 counties in Texas (as of yesterday) have a fatality rate of 4.5% or less. That's still higher than it probably should be, but on that same token, 55% of the counties have a fatality rate of 1% or less.

Still a tragic loss of life. I'm in a vulnerable category, so I do take extra precautions.

Do what I did... I went to a PA that I knew & asked her to give me a Rocephen shot & a scrip of Keflex. I began to get better in a few days.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Kirt, watch out. The "expert" "educator" doesn't like it when you throw around your experience & resume'. Or facts. J/s. 😂

You ever been to places where malaria is rampant Larry? ... I have ... care to compare the coronavirus to malaria?   ....  when I got to the Middle East, almost all newbies got a stomach virus that was gut wrenching ... i got it and it lasted two weeks, i was on IVs for several days ... i didn't stay home like you snowflakes ....

I got a virus in Korea back in the early 80s ... lost my appetite and 45 lbs ... they almost sent me home .... I stayed and finished my tour .... I went from 185 to 140 lbs ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I am a Survivor of “the virus”, &  know that it isn’t as deadly as the “Fake News” MSM would have people to believe. 

People who are afraid should stay at home & isolate themselves from others, if they fear “the virus”. Otherwise, those of us who have things to do, places to go, & people to see, should do so. You cannot shut down the world to accommodate the .01% Of people “who might die” from it. That is utter nonsense!

Agreed, if you’re scared, stay home.  Don’t whine and want everybody else who has had to stay in the public since this started stay home too.  You’ve got a contract to sign, I don’t.  If I want to get paid, I have to work.  They don’t keep paying me if I get scared and stay home. 

my wife is a teacher as well.  She’s ready to get back in the classroom OR do online only.  Doing rotations is just a stupid idea that’s pointless.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Agreed, if you’re scared, stay home.  Don’t whine and want everybody else who has had to stay in the public since this started stay home too.  You’ve got a contract to sign, I don’t.  If I want to get paid, I have to work.  They don’t keep paying me if I get scared and stay home. 

my wife is a teacher as well.  She’s ready to get back in the classroom OR do online only.  Doing rotations is just a stupid idea that’s pointless.

I just saw a story of a 27 year old Red Sox pitcher that was shut down for "at least a week" because of heart inflammation due to COVID.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red-sox-pitcher-eduardo-rodriguez-confirms-hes-dealing-with-heart-issue-stemming-from-covid-19-infection/

4 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m at work and literally just completed a module training over active shooters. And work at a place that has actually had one. 
Grow up snowflake

I am positive your workplace is not as vulnerable or at the very least a favored spot as any campus out there, mighty keyboard warrior.  Very rarely are they shooting up Arby's, unless you screw up their order at night in the drive through. 

• LOL! 2

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You ever been to places where malaria is rampant Larry? ... I have ... care to compare the coronavirus to malaria?   ....  when I got to the Middle East, almost all newbies got a stomach virus that was gut wrenching ... i got it and it lasted two weeks, i was on IVs for several days ... i didn't stay home like you snowflakes ....

I got a virus in Korea back in the early 80s ... lost my appetite and 45 lbs ... they almost sent me home .... I stayed and finished my tour .... I went from 185 to 140 lbs ...

For the 9 millionth time, no one cares about your supposed 'resume', Kirt,  except for other minions, that one day involves you golfing with people at the Pentagon and the next selling insurance for some mighty company or maybe a choice anecdote about someone famous you met in a Stuckey's.

I have very strong doubt in most of what you say, if that helps, so you can ease up on sharing, if you like. 

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

What makes this so scary to people is that nobody knows who is going to have to sacrifice.  Is it you  ? Me?  Somebody else ?   When a president ask a country to go to war, we know is going to make a sacrifice.  It would be the soldiers and families.  

33 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am positive your workplace is not as vulnerable or at the very least a favored spot as any campus out there, mighty keyboard warrior.  Very rarely are they shooting up Arby's, unless you screw up their order at night in the drive through. 

Well there aren’t any kids. But terrorism is a real issue to worry about for my company.

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Two leftist 💩 on this. I don’t understand why. 

That 'leftist' BS is going to earn you this, when I feel the need, to call you an 'American', because clearly you may think you are one, but you don't understand or respect free speech enough to earn the real title. Sound good? 

Arming teachers in a time of mask wearing kids with Covid protocols makes it an even worse, inane idea than usual, in case you were wondering. 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

That 'leftist' BS is going to earn you this, when I feel the need, to call you an 'American', because clearly you may think you are one, but you don't understand or respect free speech enough to earn the real title. Sound good? 

Arming teachers in a time of mask wearing kids with Covid protocols makes it an even worse, inane idea than usual, in case you were wondering. 

Mask don’t suspend god given rights. 

free speech doesn’t effect anyone. Blocking traffic and ruining tax payer building that require tax payer moneys to repair do. And is obviously not free speech. Don’t be silly