Another Thought on Educators

BarryLaverty

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

Mask don’t suspend god given rights. 

free speech doesn’t effect anyone. Blocking traffic and ruining tax payer building that require tax payer moneys to repair do. And is obviously not free speech. Don’t be silly

Stay focused....first, kids in masks and teachers with guns are not a safe mix for handling threatening situations. Law enforcement needs to handle it. 

Secondly, broad brushing anyone who disagrees with you as a 'leftist' is unAmerican, in my opinion. That was my point. 

50 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Agree but the elderly are the most likely people that have to worry. Things we do carry on with life. Driving home probably the most dangerous thing we all do. Gotta be smart and live with it. Live life and follow Him.

People with underlying medical conditions have to worry, as well. Elderly or not.

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Stay focused....first, kids in masks and teachers with guns are not a safe mix for handling threatening situations. Law enforcement needs to handle it. 

Secondly, broad brushing anyone who disagrees with you as a 'leftist' is unAmerican, in my opinion. That was my point. 

But your people want the police defunded. So...who's gonna handle it then? 🤔

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Please connect mask with gun handling for me. 

YOU ARE A LEFTIST.  You are not liberal, What else could you be?

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

Please connect mask with gun handling for me. 

YOU ARE A LEFTIST.  You are not liberal, What else could you be?

Put 20 kids in a crowd, now put masks on them, with all wearing hoodies. It doesn't make for calm decision making. I would rather an outside force take care of that. Does that make sense? 

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Put 20 kids in a crowd, now put masks on them, with all wearing hoodies. It doesn't make for calm decision making. I would rather an outside force take care of that. Does that make sense? 

No, it doesn’t. Are you saying teachers couldn’t identify the threat and only police could?  What world do you live in man?

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

No, it doesn’t. Are you saying teachers couldn’t identify the threat and only police could?  What world do you live in man?

Actually ever work in a HS? I don't think you did. You don't understand it and other things, and I am tired of dealing with 'Americans' for right now. 

19 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

But your people want the police defunded. So...who's gonna handle it then? 🤔

Defunding doesn't mean eliminating law enforcement...it means allocating funds to social workers and mental health professionals. And, Texas schools aren't going to defund SROS, but many HAVE added mental health professionals and social workers to their campuses, not to mention beefed up straight medical care to deal with Covid situations. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Actually ever work in a HS? I don't think you did. You don't understand it and other things, and I am tired of dealing with 'Americans' for right now. 

That Hemi runs good huh? Lmao don’t be so racist in thinking everyone looks the same and teachers couldn’t identify active shooters Barry.

i worked in a high school long enough to know not everyone wears a hoodie to school in Texas lol

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Defunding doesn't mean eliminating law enforcement...it means allocating funds to social workers and mental health professionals. And, Texas schools aren't going to defund SROS, but many HAVE added mental health professionals and social workers to their campuses, not to mention beefed up straight medical care to deal with Covid situations. 

30 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

It means taking funds AWAY from LE agencies. Most are underfunded to begin with, or barely scraping by to operate. Taking away funds will mean less officers on the street, less equipment being bought, less training being conducted, etc. 

You really want a social worker / health worker responding to violent/assaultive situations. Wait, don't answer that. We know your liberal logic on the subject. 

You actually ever work as a Law Enforcement Officer? I KNOW you haven't. I KNOW you won't and will never understand that!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

For the 9 millionth time, no one cares about your supposed 'resume', Kirt,  except for other minions, that one day involves you golfing with people at the Pentagon and the next selling insurance for some mighty company or maybe a choice anecdote about someone famous you met in a Stuckey's.

I have very strong doubt in most of what you say, if that helps, so you can ease up on sharing, if you like. 

I dealt with a few dumbarse subordinates like you over the years Larry ... we had a few saying, one was ...  "lead, follow or get the hell out of the way"  ...  you remind me of the many dead weight minions I left in my wake as I listened to you whiners say "we can't do that" while we brushed you snowflakes aside and got things done .... I'll bet you are a real hero in the teachers lounge, or do you have another "safe space" to hang out with your limp wristed buds? ... 😂

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Make them take off the hoodies, or are you incapable of handling the situation? ....

• LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Think about it. Would you really want me armed?

Not if you didn’t want to. Do I think you would shoot kids if you had one?? Absolutely not. So I would leave the choice to you and your employer. Would I want my wife, absolutely. And she would if she was allowed to. 

I don't think schools are going to reopen at all this year, except with small school districts in counties that the virus hasn't effected the community that much.  I know there are some that want school to open, especially parents that are tired of their kids, a few politicians, and a few teachers that want to see their students again.  If they don't go back to school it will stunt the education of 90% of all students.  I say that because most kids only take the classes they have to, because the school and the State of Texas demand that they take courses.  I wouldn't have taken anything after English I, but was forced to.  Think about the classes that you didn't like that you were forced to take and pass just to graduate.  I'm sure many of you could list numerous classes.  Many are a waste of time, and you don't use the information after you graduate from school.  

I have no problems with teachers being armed if they have a concealed carry permit.  However any lapse of judgement in regards to student and other teacher safety would be dealt with severely.  I don't think kids should be wearing hoodies to classes unless the temperatures are below 60 degrees.  If they make them bring see through backpacks then a hoodie can conceal a weapon just as easily as a backpack either in the pouch or underneath it.  

1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

Think about it. Would you really want me armed?

You or berry or your people...NO!!

However, a teacher/staff member that is properly trained, has discipline, and has a lick of sense...YES!! 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I dealt with a few dumbarse subordinates like you over the years Larry ... we had a few saying, one was ...  "lead, follow or get the hell out of the way"  ...  you remind me of the many dead weight minions I left in my wake as I listened to you whiners say "we can't do that" while we brushed you snowflakes aside and got things done .... I'll bet you are a real hero in the teachers lounge, or do you have another "safe space" to hang out with your limp wristed buds? ... 😂

Did you invent that, Trump? 😂

And while I have had many good moments that I can say I am proud of in a career that is 30 years and counting, I don't feel the need or insecurity you do to relive glory days, and if my family and dog think I am all right, then I am better than good. 

And I have always been welcome in my teacher's lounges in my schools, unlike you would be, as people scatter when coffee breath, close talking and Aqua Velva makes an appearance! 

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am going to have to agree with this--kids in mask, teachers with guns--not a great idea. It's not a great idea when kids don't wear masks, only a few individuals should be trained for a campus to be armed. There are very few people I would trust a gun with in a school setting. I would almost trust Barry with one, than many others. Because the idea is to protect "in case" of a serious problem--I feel that some will overstep that responsibility. 

Personally, I don't think I would want that responsibility either--although if asked, I would go through the training, for "in case" situations. Because I would never know what I would do--I hope that I would do the right thing, but I could freeze up, because that is what happens occasionally in bad situations. I would love to say I would step in front of speeding car to help push a kid out of the way, but since I have never been in that situation, I don't know. JHO