Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Another Thought on Educators


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Two leftist 💩 on this. I don’t understand why. 

That 'leftist' BS is going to earn you this, when I feel the need, to call you an 'American', because clearly you may think you are one, but you don't understand or respect free speech enough to earn the real title. Sound good? 

Arming teachers in a time of mask wearing kids with Covid protocols makes it an even worse, inane idea than usual, in case you were wondering. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, you are more afraid of the virus than a lunatic with a gun. Sounds about right, snowflake .... I don't have to "practice" active shooter drills ... I have been in a few real life situations t

I’m at work and literally just completed a module training over active shooters. And work at a place that has actually had one.  Grow up snowflake

Posted Images

Why do leftist hate the idea of someone being able to exercise there GOD given right to protect themselves?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarryLaverty said:

That 'leftist' BS is going to earn you this, when I feel the need, to call you an 'American', because clearly you may think you are one, but you don't understand or respect free speech enough to earn the real title. Sound good? 

Arming teachers in a time of mask wearing kids with Covid protocols makes it an even worse, inane idea than usual, in case you were wondering. 

Mask don’t suspend god given rights. 
 

free speech doesn’t effect anyone. Blocking traffic and ruining tax payer building that require tax payer moneys to repair do. And is obviously not free speech. Don’t be silly

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

Mask don’t suspend god given rights. 
 

free speech doesn’t effect anyone. Blocking traffic and ruining tax payer building that require tax payer moneys to repair do. And is obviously not free speech. Don’t be silly

Stay focused....first, kids in masks and teachers with guns are not a safe mix for handling threatening situations. Law enforcement needs to handle it. 

Secondly, broad brushing anyone who disagrees with you as a 'leftist' is unAmerican, in my opinion. That was my point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Agree but the elderly are the most likely people that have to worry. Things we do carry on with life. Driving home probably the most dangerous thing we all do. Gotta be smart and live with it. Live life and follow Him.

People with underlying medical conditions have to worry, as well. Elderly or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Stay focused....first, kids in masks and teachers with guns are not a safe mix for handling threatening situations. Law enforcement needs to handle it. 

Secondly, broad brushing anyone who disagrees with you as a 'leftist' is unAmerican, in my opinion. That was my point. 

But your people want the police defunded. So...who's gonna handle it then? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Stay focused....first, kids in masks and teachers with guns are not a safe mix for handling threatening situations. Law enforcement needs to handle it. 

Secondly, broad brushing anyone who disagrees with you as a 'leftist' is unAmerican, in my opinion. That was my point. 

Please connect mask with gun handling for me. 
 

YOU ARE A LEFTIST.  You are not liberal, What else could you be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

Please connect mask with gun handling for me. 
 

YOU ARE A LEFTIST.  You are not liberal, What else could you be?

Put 20 kids in a crowd, now put masks on them, with all wearing hoodies. It doesn't make for calm decision making. I would rather an outside force take care of that. Does that make sense? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Put 20 kids in a crowd, now put masks on them, with all wearing hoodies. It doesn't make for calm decision making. I would rather an outside force take care of that. Does that make sense? 

No, it doesn’t. Are you saying teachers couldn’t identify the threat and only police could?  What world do you live in man?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

No, it doesn’t. Are you saying teachers couldn’t identify the threat and only police could?  What world do you live in man?

Actually ever work in a HS? I don't think you did. You don't understand it and other things, and I am tired of dealing with 'Americans' for right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

But your people want the police defunded. So...who's gonna handle it then? 🤔

Defunding doesn't mean eliminating law enforcement...it means allocating funds to social workers and mental health professionals. And, Texas schools aren't going to defund SROS, but many HAVE added mental health professionals and social workers to their campuses, not to mention beefed up straight medical care to deal with Covid situations. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Stinks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Actually ever work in a HS? I don't think you did. You don't understand it and other things, and I am tired of dealing with 'Americans' for right now. 

That Hemi runs good huh? Lmao don’t be so racist in thinking everyone looks the same and teachers couldn’t identify active shooters Barry.

i worked in a high school long enough to know not everyone wears a hoodie to school in Texas lol

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Defunding doesn't mean eliminating law enforcement...it means allocating funds to social workers and mental health professionals. And, Texas schools aren't going to defund SROS, but many HAVE added mental health professionals and social workers to their campuses, not to mention beefed up straight medical care to deal with Covid situations. 

Why can’t we do both! Weaker police is about idiotic as ignoring mental illness. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Defunding doesn't mean eliminating law enforcement...it means allocating funds to social workers and mental health professionals. And, Texas schools aren't going to defund SROS, but many HAVE added mental health professionals and social workers to their campuses, not to mention beefed up straight medical care to deal with Covid situations. 

 

30 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Actually ever work in a HS? I don't think you did. You don't understand it and other things, and I am tired of dealing with 'Americans' for right now. 

It means taking funds AWAY from LE agencies. Most are underfunded to begin with, or barely scraping by to operate. Taking away funds will mean less officers on the street, less equipment being bought, less training being conducted, etc. 

You really want a social worker / health worker responding to violent/assaultive situations. Wait, don't answer that. We know your liberal logic on the subject. 

You actually ever work as a Law Enforcement Officer? I KNOW you haven't. I KNOW you won't and will never understand that!! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Who gonna call Social worker ......

Lmao...not me! I'll take matters into my own hands before I'd call one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TTman7 said:

 

It means taking funds AWAY from LE agencies. Most are underfunded to begin with, or barely scraping by to operate. Taking away funds will mean less officers on the street, less equipment being bought, less training being conducted, etc. 

You really want a social worker / health worker responding to violent/assaultive situations. Wait, don't answer that. We know your liberal logic on the subject. 

You actually ever work as a Law Enforcement Officer? I KNOW you haven't. I KNOW you won't and will never understand that!! 

It is a very idiotic idea of plenty of many of the liberal platforms. Most of their ideas are not as idiotic as it sounds but this wholeheartedly is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

For the 9 millionth time, no one cares about your supposed 'resume', Kirt,  except for other minions, that one day involves you golfing with people at the Pentagon and the next selling insurance for some mighty company or maybe a choice anecdote about someone famous you met in a Stuckey's.

I have very strong doubt in most of what you say, if that helps, so you can ease up on sharing, if you like. 

I dealt with a few dumbarse subordinates like you over the years Larry ... we had a few saying, one was ...  "lead, follow or get the hell out of the way"  ...  you remind me of the many dead weight minions I left in my wake as I listened to you whiners say "we can't do that" while we brushed you snowflakes aside and got things done .... I'll bet you are a real hero in the teachers lounge, or do you have another "safe space" to hang out with your limp wristed buds? ... 😂

  • Haha 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Put 20 kids in a crowd, now put masks on them, with all wearing hoodies. It doesn't make for calm decision making. I would rather an outside force take care of that. Does that make sense? 

Make them take off the hoodies, or are you incapable of handling the situation? ....

  • Haha 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Think about it. Would you really want me armed?

Not if you didn’t want to. Do I think you would shoot kids if you had one?? Absolutely not. So I would leave the choice to you and your employer. Would I want my wife, absolutely. And she would if she was allowed to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think schools are going to reopen at all this year, except with small school districts in counties that the virus hasn't effected the community that much.  I know there are some that want school to open, especially parents that are tired of their kids, a few politicians, and a few teachers that want to see their students again.  If they don't go back to school it will stunt the education of 90% of all students.  I say that because most kids only take the classes they have to, because the school and the State of Texas demand that they take courses.  I wouldn't have taken anything after English I, but was forced to.  Think about the classes that you didn't like that you were forced to take and pass just to graduate.  I'm sure many of you could list numerous classes.  Many are a waste of time, and you don't use the information after you graduate from school.  

I have no problems with teachers being armed if they have a concealed carry permit.  However any lapse of judgement in regards to student and other teacher safety would be dealt with severely.  I don't think kids should be wearing hoodies to classes unless the temperatures are below 60 degrees.  If they make them bring see through backpacks then a hoodie can conceal a weapon just as easily as a backpack either in the pouch or underneath it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

Think about it. Would you really want me armed?

You or berry or your people...NO!!

However, a teacher/staff member that is properly trained, has discipline, and has a lick of sense...YES!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I dealt with a few dumbarse subordinates like you over the years Larry ... we had a few saying, one was ...  "lead, follow or get the hell out of the way"  ...  you remind me of the many dead weight minions I left in my wake as I listened to you whiners say "we can't do that" while we brushed you snowflakes aside and got things done .... I'll bet you are a real hero in the teachers lounge, or do you have another "safe space" to hang out with your limp wristed buds? ... 😂

Did you invent that, Trump? 😂
 

And while I have had many good moments that I can say I am proud of in a career that is 30 years and counting, I don't feel the need or insecurity you do to relive glory days, and if my family and dog think I am all right, then I am better than good. 
 

And I have always been welcome in my teacher's lounges in my schools, unlike you would be, as people scatter when coffee breath, close talking and Aqua Velva makes an appearance! 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...