The Smoakhouse Forums

Another Thought on Educators

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Stay focused....first, kids in masks and teachers with guns are not a safe mix for handling threatening situations. Law enforcement needs to handle it. 

Secondly, broad brushing anyone who disagrees with you as a 'leftist' is unAmerican, in my opinion. That was my point. 

I am going to have to agree with this--kids in mask, teachers with guns--not a great idea. It's not a great idea when kids don't wear masks, only a few individuals should be trained for a campus to be armed. There are very few people I would trust a gun with in a school setting. I would almost trust Barry with one, than many others. Because the idea is to protect "in case" of a serious problem--I feel that some will overstep that responsibility. 

Personally, I don't think I would want that responsibility either--although if asked, I would go through the training, for "in case" situations. Because I would never know what I would do--I hope that I would do the right thing, but I could freeze up, because that is what happens occasionally in bad situations. I would love to say I would step in front of speeding car to help push a kid out of the way, but since I have never been in that situation, I don't know. JHO

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, you are more afraid of the virus than a lunatic with a gun. Sounds about right, snowflake .... I don't have to "practice" active shooter drills ... I have been in a few real life situations t

I’m at work and literally just completed a module training over active shooters. And work at a place that has actually had one.  Grow up snowflake

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Aqua Velva makes an appearance! 

Now that is funny, I don't care who you are. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1