Alone

Stoney

Anybody watched this? They take 10 people with limited resources and drop them off in Canada or Patagonia. It’s just you versus Mother Nature. Your goal is to stay out there as long as you can to win $500,000. You don’t know when other people leave. It could be hours, it could be a month.

I actually went through Arctic Survival School in Alaska back in the 80s . It's really going to get rough as it gets colder.  The larger shelters they built will be really hard to warm as it gets colder.  The smaller the shelter, the easier to stay warm. I would have brought a throw net instead of the gil nets they are using.  If anyone makes it, it will be Roland ....

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 9:16 AM, mellon said:

Last night  proved the old saying that you can starve to death by eating rabbit every meal.

I’m still trying to wrap my ahead the moose. We’ve seen guys live off mice and fish. Guy kills a moose and still loses weight. I guess it’s that lean a protein. On top of the physical activity he’s gotta go through? Just crazy to me.

Surviving for 100 days alone up there is more mental toughness than physical toughness.  Few of the people who have tapped out already did it for REAL physical reasons.  I have done 15 - 20 days up there alone but I had a lot more supplies and equipment and a solid shelter, I wasn't scavenging as my only source of food.  Most people can't handle the isolation ... it never really bothered me ... I had a purpose for being there and I focused on survival as well as hunting and fishing ... Roland has the mental toughness to make it 100 days ... I have my doubts about the others, especially mentally ....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch the finale last night? It went as expected, but frostbite and a lost fish kept this from being a very interesting ending. 

If more than 1 contestant make it to a hundred days would they also win a million dollars? I can't find this anywhere.

I recorded it and watched it this weekend.  I knew if anyone made it it would be Roland ... those two girls were plenty tough too ... it was a shame when Callie had to go because of frostbite ... if she had made it, I'm sure there woukd have been two winners.  Surely, they would pay up after someone made it 100 days.  Makes my 6 day bear hunt @ -25 seem like a picnic ... I'm surprised they destroyed Rolands rock house ...