The Popular Vote vs. the Electoral College

Monte1076

NPV--I imagine that Barry gives lots of money to that organization. 

While I do think that electoral college could be amended--to make it even more localized, I never want to see it disappear. 

I would base the electoral college on congressional districts in each state--therefore the person with the most votes in that congressional district gets that electoral vote--so those few conservative areas of California, there electoral vote will count towards a conservative, while those big city areas that always vote liberal can be used for their candidate. 

The one who receives the most votes in the state will get the 2 senatorial electoral votes--this to me puts the nominees in a position to visit more places and have to try a different strategy than just trying to win a state--because some won't ever travel to Wyoming, Idaho, North Dakota, or Alaska to try and get a vote--but if you now don't get all of the 55 electors in California, you might lose 10-12, now you have to make up those electoral votes--Wyoming, Idaho, North Dakota & Alaska become important. 

Just a thought, I do believe that more localization would be a good thing. 

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

NPV--I imagine that Barry gives lots of money to that organization. 

While I do think that electoral college could be amended--to make it even more localized, I never want to see it disappear. 

I would base the electoral college on congressional districts in each state--therefore the person with the most votes in that congressional district gets that electoral vote--so those few conservative areas of California, there electoral vote will count towards a conservative, while those big city areas that always vote liberal can be used for their candidate. 

The one who receives the most votes in the state will get the 2 senatorial electoral votes--this to me puts the nominees in a position to visit more places and have to try a different strategy than just trying to win a state--because some won't ever travel to Wyoming, Idaho, North Dakota, or Alaska to try and get a vote--but if you now don't get all of the 55 electors in California, you might lose 10-12, now you have to make up those electoral votes--Wyoming, Idaho, North Dakota & Alaska become important. 

Just a thought, I do believe that more localization would be a good thing. 

Some states do that. I think Nebraska does it. But I like the general idea overall. That may have a couple of issues that need ironed out as well, but as I said, overall I like it. I think it might be more representative.

Hillary won the popular vote so most dimwits want to change to the popular vote system but I don't really think it would have matter in the last election, Trump did not campaign in California and New York where Clinton amassed a big lead in the popular vote, if Trump knew he had to have the popular vote he would have spent more time in New York, California and Texas to get out the GOP vote. I think Trump would have won the popular vote but still would have lost NY and California but not near as much. 

1 minute ago, PepeSilvia said:

567FB96A-1B09-424B-8004-9B0F69133C23.jpeg

guess I’ll post this yet again. Correct me if I’m wrong (which I’m not) but doesn’t the electoral college and the three fifths compromise go hand in hand. 

Maybe if you don't understand the Electoral College.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

567FB96A-1B09-424B-8004-9B0F69133C23.jpeg

guess I’ll post this yet again. Correct me if I’m wrong (which I’m not) but doesn’t the electoral college and the three fifths compromise go hand in hand. 

It’s because otherwise Liz would eat pizza everytime and never get a say.

Just now, PepeSilvia said:

Oh Liz has a say but her vote shouldn’t be worth more than someone else’s. 

It’s not.  It’s directly representative of the population of the states.  It’s the same as the congressional representation.  If you don’t like the electoral college, you shouldn’t like the US Congressional but I see you don’t understand how it works.