That's The Ticket ...

KirtFalcon

5 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

None of the 3 were perfect....in fact Samson was much worse than Trump morally.....and David was a murderer......so there's that......

David was imperfect.  But he sought the heart of God.  

No one can say that about Trump with a straight face. 

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Again.... I see nothing but defending. 

How do y’all feel about his rapport with Kim Jin-U.N.?  Honestly? 

Putin?  

Are you capable of criticizing him When he’s wrong?   Or do you think he’s never wrong. 

Free pass after free pass is all I’m seeing. 

Peace is better than war.....FDR had a rapport with Stalin........

54 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Things that have troubled me the most:

1.  His dealings with Kim Jong-un.  North Korea is one of the worst human rights violators in the world.  This guy in along the same lines of Saddam Huessien.  And Trump talks about him like he's a good guy.... a reasonable guy....  I think the term he used was "fell in love".  Disturbing to have the leader of the free world build up a monster that has literally killed thousands of people, starved his own country, and threatened to destroy America.   It boggles my mind.  Surely he doesn't trust this guy.  But the fact he would speak about him in such positive, candid terms is sickening.  The guy is a murderer... a tyrant.  CALL IT OUT.

President Trump has made more progress dealing with North Korea than any U.S. president  since the Korean War ....  look at the Korean War remains that were turned over of our fallen soldiers .... he has played Kim and at least tried to get him to dismantle his nuclear program .... what has he given him? .... NOTHING, other than a few meetings and an opportunity to follow through .... it's now clear to everyone Kim hasn't negotiated in good faith .... again, President Trump has played hardball with Kim and kept the sanctions in place  .... unlike Obama and Clinton where were played by North Korea into actually capitulating to their demands .... President Trump uses a lot of rhetoric when he is dealing with his adversaries .... look at his actions and results, not his rhetoric ...

2.  His relationship with Putin.....  the "shock and horror" the left has had about the possibility of Russian interference in the 2016 election is laughable.   Russia has been interfering with our elections for decades... including the Obama years.... Bush II, Clinto...so on and so on.  So I don't even care about the election interference.   It's the fact that he has such glowing words for a man that is slowly rolling back democracy from his own nation.  Russia is no longer as free as it once was.... how far will this go?  Putin's atrocities are eye popping too..... yet Trump acts like he's a good guy.  Buddies.  I find this just as disgusting as when Obama reached out to Cuba (for which the GOP rightfully crucified him for).  How can we give Trump a free pass for Putin and Jong-un after the indignation about Cuba????  CALL IT OUT.

You have fallen for the liberal media driven Russian hoax :BS:trying to make Trump and Putin buddies  ....  In reality, No U.S. President has been tougher on Putin than President Trump ... look at his actions, not his rhetoric .... 

3.  Our crumbling relationship with long-time allies in Europe and around the world.  It's disturbing to me that countries like Germany, France, the UK, and Australia collectively look at the USA with an eye roll these days.  It's one thing for those leaders to not be on the same page with a US president.  Obama was TERRIBLE with international affairs.  I think Bush was widely disliked... yet respected.   It's troublesome to me that the leaders of most of these countries think Trump is a buffoon.  They don't respect him at all.  These are our ALLIES... and they think our leader is a moron.  At least Obama's absence from the World Stage didn't bring ire from world leaders.  

Again, a manufactured media attempt to tarnish President Trump .... He has been exactly right in his criticism of Europe for not contributing their fair share to support NATO and their defenses .... Why should America foot the bill for their defense?  This is nothing more than a liberal media attempt to make President Trump look bad when in fact he is looking ourt for America's best interest .... this has been long overdue and is a stark contrast to Obama's apology tour which was pathetic .... finally we have a president who isn't afraid to look out for America .... I would like to see foreign aid significantly cut and the United Nations shut down and replaced with an organization that actually looked out for human rights and acted in an honest and upright way .... it damn sure isn't the United Nations .... 

4.  Is fiscal conservatism dead???   My biggest reason for always identifying as a republican was FISCAL CONSERVATISM.  Well...it's dead.  Trump and the GOP, by the of this term will have added about 7-8 TRILLION dollars to the national debt in just four years.  That. Is. Stunning.  No republican should be happy about this.  While I understand some of this is tied to much needed military upgrades.... there is WAY TOO MUCH PORK.  And the GOP is just as guilty as the big-spending democrats.  Where are the conservatives??? Or are we just conservative about abortion and immigration these days?  

Sadly, I don't think any president can turn this around because of what our government has metastasized into .... Congress simply will not live within it's means and the voters who say they want fiscal conservatism won't vote the career politicians out ... If President Trump, or any president tried to force the issue, the liberal media who is just an arm of the dimocrat party will rant 24/7 until he caves in and goes along with the spending ... I'm not happy about it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it ... short of shutting the government down, President Trump can't stop it and if he tried they would override his veto of the spending .... so, blaming him for the spending is really not fair .... he had to rebuild the devastated military left by yet another dimocrat president .... I wish there were enough conservatives to turn the tide, but currently there just are not enough, blaming this on Trump is ridiculous ... 

5.  His mouth.... if he would just SHUT UP.... It boggles my mind we have to say this about our Commander and Chief  "  I don't like his personality and I cringe at some of the things he says ... he's not a great communicator "  KURT FALCON- Smoaky.com.     He stokes problems.... be it about the election, race, immigration, the incessant name calling of his enemies...... it's embarrassing.  How about some decorum?  How about being presidential?  Who cares if Pelosi doesn't like you.... most Americans hate her too.

I agree with some of your issues here .... many wish he would stop tweeting .... I don't .... it's really his only way of getting his side of the issues to the American people .... with 95% dishonestly negative coverage, ANY PRESIDENT would be frustrated .... He does cause a lot of his own problems with his misstatements .... many times he is just throwing things out there but the anti-Trump media pounces on everything he says and twists it to mean the worst things imaginable .... you know that's true .... that said, I wish he was more like Ronald Reagan in the communications department .... 

All in all, I am pretty damn pleased with President Trump .... because actions speak louder than words .... 

There are other things I could list.....  like we still don't have immigration reform (a wall isn't policy change), pandemic response.......

Why don't we have immigration reform? ... I'll tell you, because Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer don't want it .... they can't stand to see President Trump get credit for any accomplishment .... in other words it's politically expedient for them to keep the issue going instead of solving the issue .... We could solve immigration reform tomorrow if the dims would work with the President ....

----------

Could you guys call him out for his BS when needed?  I fear not.  None of his followers seem to.

The sad commentary is the blind eyes you guys turn to his BS.  What exactly does it take for him to say/do for you to call him out???  I don't mean abandon him....I know that's not happening.  But simply to publicly admonish him....... I haven't seen it happen..... and it's been well deserved at times. 

Been there, done that .... you must have slept through the thread I created that did just that .... :woot:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I just don't like the direction the GOP has taken.  it's like the plane has been highjacked by a terrorist.  

And my greatest fear is that the party has been damaged generationally when Trump leaves office... be it in 2020 or in 2024.

The backlash could be monumental...... all the good that has been done for decades could be undone in a snap...

That bothers me

I don't think much good has been done in the past 32 years.  That's why we were in the place we were at when he took over.  The only thing that has hurt him in my opinion is the Wuhan virus.  

• Like 1

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

I don't think much good has been done in the past 32 years.  That's why we were in the place we were at when he took over.  The only thing that has hurt him in my opinion is the Wuhan virus.  

It hasn't hurt him either....we all KNOW what's really going on......

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

None of the 3 were perfect....in fact Samson was much worse than Trump morally.....and David was a murderer......so there's that......

David was also an adulterer that caused him to murder.  He already had 7 wives isn't that enough ?  He was a man that was similar to God's own heart.  Moses killed the Egyptian.  We could go on and on.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

It hasn't hurt him either....we all KNOW what's really going on......

Yeah. People are dying. 
I’m seeing it with my own eyes at work. 

I don’t blame Trump.  But he hasn’t helped much either.  

And while the media is over-sensationalizing it....  others are denying it’s happening.   Both are dangerous IMHO. 

150,000 deaths In less than 6 months is a hard pill for me to swallow.    Guess that doesn’t bother everyone.  But it bother those of us that are committed to saving lives. 

—————-

Anyway...... 

I appreciate the lively candor.

I respectfully disagree with some of you.  But I will defend your right to have a differing opinion to the end.

I wish the respect was reciprocated, but I can read between the lines of some of these posts.  Is what it is. 

The art of agreeing to disagree is lost. 

Thanks again for the debate.  I appreciate it. 

God Bless America. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Barry, pay attention! This guy knows how to get his point across.

I have many of the same praises as well as some of the same concerns..🤨👌

I agree with this. More positive than negative by a long shot. But I’ll admit I have similar thoughts 

I don't think he's a republican....... he's highjacked the party.

And while it's not my place to judge.... I don't think he's a Christian.  His actions and his mouth don't show it.

Are you kidding me? ... Hijacked the party? .... Laughable!!!! ... Conservatives have made more progress in the GOP since President Trump was elected than any time in my lifetime ... Did you like the RINO dominated dimocrat-lite party of Boehner, Ryan and Kasich that constantly caved to the liberal dimocrats on every issue?  We still have RINOs in the GOP, but they have been forced by President Trump to at least hold their ground on some issues ...

Name a president that has done more to stand for Christian values than President Trump?  He has been pro life standing up against abortion rights activists https://www.foxnews.com/politics/scotus-upholds-religious-exemptions-to-obamacare-contraception-coverage and religious freedoms .... a stark contrast to our last pathetic anti-Christian, pro-Muslim president ....

As a Christian, you should be praising him for his appointment of pro-life Supreme Court Justices ....

I think you must be watching too much Morning Joke, Don Lemon, Rachael Madcow and Fredo Cuomo ....

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think you must be watching too much Morning Joke, Don Lemon, Rachael Madcow and Fredo Cuomo ....

That proves you know absolutely nothing about me. 

Anyone that disagrees with you is a liberal. 

You haven’t a clue, sir. 

• LOL! 1

Yeah. People are dying. 
I’m seeing it with my own eyes at work. 

I don’t blame Trump.  But he hasn’t helped much either.  

What else could he have done?  He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't .... Can't you see the liberal media is going to portray his actions, which have been nothing short of unbelievable, as lacking?  This has been an unprecedented event in our history and  what he has done to fight this media and dimocrat "pandemic" has been astronomical .... When has our government responded so quickly and so effectively?  I'll tell you, maybe after we were bombed at Pearl Harbor .... short of that never ....

55 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

That proves you know absolutely nothing about me. 

Anyone that disagrees with you is a liberal. 

You haven’t a clue, sir. 

Why don't you try refuting what I said? .... I don't think you can .... 

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Why don't you try refuting what I said? .... I don't think you can .... 

How do I refute that you accused me of watching liberal media?  

Ok. 

I don’t  watch liberal media. 

I’m not a liberal.   I’ve never voted for a democrat.  

I’m a moderate conservative.  Which apparently is equal to being Bernie Sanders in your eyes.  I have no inclination of wasting my time with someone that sees in such insane absolutes. 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

You’re comparing Trump to Samson and David?????

wowzers. 

David had a man killed in battle so he could have his wife.  Pretty bad deal if you ask me.  If GOD can use him HE can use a man like Trump, unless you’re suggesting that God is limited on who he can use

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Again.... I see nothing but defending. 

How do y’all feel about his rapport with Kim Jin-U.N.?  Honestly? 

Putin?  

Are you capable of criticizing him When he’s wrong?   Or do you think he’s never wrong. 

Free pass after free pass is all I’m seeing. 

You sound like a registered democrat.  

honestly if you are convicted that way you shouldn’t vote for him.  But you won’t be voting at all if you follow what you’re saying your convictions are.  

52 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

How do I refute that you accused me of watching liberal media?  

Ok. 

I don’t  watch liberal media. 

I’m not a liberal.   I’ve never voted for a democrat.  

I’m a moderate conservative.  Which apparently is equal to being Bernie Sanders in your eyes.  I have no inclination of wasting my time with someone that sees in such insane absolutes. 

Then how do you explain your misguided assessment of President Trump's actions?  Please tell me what else he could have done to fight this virus.  Please tell me what ACTIONS he has taken since taking office that are anti-Christian.  Your statements seem to more align with the liberal side than the moderate or conservatives ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Then how do you explain your misguided assessment of President Trump's actions?  Please tell me what else he could have done to fight this virus.  Please tell me what ACTIONS he has taken since taking office that are anti-Christian.  Your statements seem to more align with the liberal side than the moderate or conservatives ....

You do realize that assessments are are completely subjective?

Your assessment is no greater, no truer, and no less flawed than mine. 

Neither are worth a nickel either. 

Just because I’m not 100% in step with Trump doesn’t make me a liberal.

I’ve already listed the things I’ve supported that’s he’s accomplished. All of them conservative values.  

Ive asked several times for times when y’all have been unhappy with him.  I continue to hear crickets.

Nothing in 4 years you’ve disagreed with?  And I’m the one being accused of being blind and brainwashed. 

5 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

You do realize that assessments are are completely subjective? .... subject to the facts  You still haven't said what else President Trump could have done to combat the virus.  You said it was "lacking"  .... How so?

Your assessment is no greater, no truer, and no less flawed than mine. 

Neither are worth a nickel either. 

Just because I’m not 100% in step with Trump doesn’t make me a liberal.

I’ve already listed the things I’ve supported that’s he’s accomplished. All of them conservative values.  

Ive asked several times for times when y’all have been unhappy with him.  I continue to hear crickets. ... Unplug your ears ... lol ...  I posted a whole thread devoted to just that

Nothing in 4 years you’ve disagreed with?  Look up the thread "Things I Disagree With President Trump" And I’m the one being accused of being blind and brainwashed. 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think he should have gotten someone besides the 50+ year big pharma bureaucrat, Fauci to guide his policy making.  I think his policy should have been to keep schools open and do everything possible to protect the vulnerable and ESPECIALLY NURSING HOMES. The data has been very consistent from the beginning that Covid is a disease that primarily effects the elderly and has little effect on kids. If he did this two things I think we have less than half the deaths and this fiasco is behind us. Tough decisions for sure, but I think the response at all levels should have been much more appropriate to the disease at hand.  After the Diamond Princess cruise ship debacle, we pretty much had the worst case scenario and could have started policy based on what happened there. Instead the media fanned the flames and Trump bought into the hysteria and we are where we are today. I still think he’s 1,000 times better than Slow Joe. My opinion of course.