Possible 2020 SEC Schedule

Stoney

23 hours ago, WETSU said:

Its not only because of their schedule they are looked out as a potential breakout team... There are some very talented pieces on this team with one of the most experienced rosters in college football. They would be getting serious talk regardless. 

The reason the schedule is coming up is because last years schedule was brutal. 4 playoff caliber teams with 3 of them on the road. Combined with a top 20 auburn and it was a tough ride. After talking all year about it being such a hard schedule, one can't help but point out this one is a lot easier. 

And I'm sorry but I don't care if they only play Georgia once every 7 years... there still hasn't been a year yet where I look at their conference schedule and thought it was "weak" or that other conferences are playing harder conference schedules. Sure you guys round Robin, but I dont think it makes your schedule "tougher." 

There are talented breakout pieces on every SEC team this year

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Have they actually put out a revised schedule yet? I saw they were starting September 26th. 

I think you'll see Big 12 do conference only +1.  Who that'll be I don't know, maybe BYU/Independent?  Local school like Texas State?

I hope they'll start normal week because more than likely you're going to need a week off/makeup week(s) at some point with corona.

44 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Did the sec ever finalize this schedule? This will hurt the fcs teams the most. Limited seating and lose their biggest game.

Yea, 14 sec teams all have one, some have 2.  That’s a lot of money games fcs teams will lose

SEC: Additional 2 Non-Divisional Games (Home/Away)

Alabama: Kentucky, at Missouri

Arkansas: Georgia, at Florida

Auburn: Tennessee, at South Carolina

Florida: Arkansas, at Texas A&M

Georgia: Mississippi State, at Arkansas

Kentucky: Ole Miss, at Alabama

LSU: Missouri, at Vanderbilt

Mississippi State: Vanderbilt, at Georgia

Missouri: Alabama, at LSU

Ole Miss: South Carolina, at Kentucky

South Carolina: Auburn, at Ole Miss

Tennessee: Texas A&M, at Auburn

Texas A&M: Florida, at Tennessee

Vanderbilt: LSU, at Mississippi State

• Thanks 1

Arkansas AD said after adding Georgia and Florida, giving them Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, Georgia, and Florida...

“We now have the most challenging schedule in the history of college football.”

I guess he forgot that just 1 year ago, A&M played all those same teams, accept Clemson over Florida. 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Crazy stat I heard the other day. Alabama hasn't played at Georgia since Matthew Stafford was there (2006-2008)...

Incorrect. They beat UGA 38-10 between the hedges in 2015. Beginning of the end of the Mark Richt era. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Just in case you doubt me: 

However, your source is right about BAMA playing UGA when Stafford was the Bulldogs QB in 2007. That’s the last time UGA visited Bryant-Denny Stadium. BAMA has been to Athens twice since then (the infamous ‘08 “blackout game” and the aforementioned 2015 game, both blowouts.) 

10 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

One of their Yearly powers.  Can’t upset them.  The sec will take care of them.  

look who LSU got as well.  They took care of Georgia as well.  

Ok let’s run with that. BAMA already had UGA and Tennessee, two of the top 3 in the east, on their schedule. UGA had BAMA and Auburn. A&M isn’t exactly a cakewalk. BAMA picked up Kentucky, who has had 4 straight winning seasons. So exactly how did they “take care of” anyone? I’ll give you that LSU got a great draw, but there’s 7 teams in each division and they all need two extra games. Even a UT math major could see that SOMEONE was going to get lucky and draw Arkansas or Vandy. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok let’s run with that. BAMA already had UGA and Tennessee, two of the top 3 in the east, on their schedule. UGA had BAMA and Auburn. A&M isn’t exactly a cakewalk. BAMA picked up Kentucky, who has had 4 straight winning seasons. So exactly how did they “take care of” anyone? I’ll give you that LSU got a great draw, but there’s 7 teams in each division and they all need two extra games. Even a UT math major could see that SOMEONE was going to get lucky and draw Arkansas or Vandy. 

Plus LSU gets the pleasure of playing Florida every year anyways.

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

It’s still Kentucky, they benefit from playing in the East.   Bama will roll them easily.  Tennessee is third in the East!  Woohoo.  The East has been a joke, Kentucky has been good in the East.  

my point is those are the 3 perennial powers and they all got good “draws“, while lessor teams  Didn’t.  Yes, they took care of them with the two add on games with Kentucky and mizzou