The Smoakhouse Forums

Possible 2020 SEC Schedule

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they pull off going 3-1 against Bama, LSU, Auburn and Florida, that’s possible. The odds of that happening are about the same as fall football actually happening. Possible but you don’t really feel

I wish Georgia and Florida always should be playing Alabama. Of course I believe they should put the Alabama schools in the East and move Vandy/ Missouri to the West.

You just want more quality football that you won’t find consistently in the B12 and ACC 😂

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Have they actually put out a revised schedule yet? I saw they were starting September 26th. 

Revised schedule hasn’t been released yet as far as I know. Nick told me today he would email it to me as soon as he gets it. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Have they actually put out a revised schedule yet? I saw they were starting September 26th. 

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, WETSU said:

Its not only because of their schedule they are looked out as a potential breakout team... There are some very talented pieces on this team with one of the most experienced rosters in college football. They would be getting serious talk regardless. 

The reason the schedule is coming up is because last years schedule was brutal. 4 playoff caliber teams with 3 of them on the road. Combined with a top 20 auburn and it was a tough ride. After talking all year about it being such a hard schedule, one can't help but point out this one is a lot easier. 

And I'm sorry but I don't care if they only play Georgia once every 7 years... there still hasn't been a year yet where I look at their conference schedule and thought it was "weak" or that other conferences are playing harder conference schedules. Sure you guys round Robin, but I dont think it makes your schedule "tougher." 

There are talented breakout pieces on every SEC team this year

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think you'll see Big 12 do conference only +1.  Who that'll be I don't know, maybe BYU/Independent?  Local school like Texas State?

I hope they'll start normal week because more than likely you're going to need a week off/makeup week(s) at some point with corona.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It just means more.

They rolled them when Bear Bryant died. The only reason I can think of for them not rolling them over Updyke’s passing would be fear of another TP shortage. 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Did the sec ever finalize this schedule? This will hurt the fcs teams the most. Limited seating and lose their biggest game.

Yea, 14 sec teams all have one, some have 2.  That’s a lot of money games fcs teams will lose

SEC: Additional 2 Non-Divisional Games (Home/Away)

Alabama: Kentucky, at Missouri

Arkansas: Georgia, at Florida

Auburn: Tennessee, at South Carolina

Florida: Arkansas, at Texas A&M

Georgia: Mississippi State, at Arkansas

Kentucky: Ole Miss, at Alabama

LSU: Missouri, at Vanderbilt

Mississippi State: Vanderbilt, at Georgia

Missouri: Alabama, at LSU

Ole Miss: South Carolina, at Kentucky

South Carolina: Auburn, at Ole Miss

Tennessee: Texas A&M, at Auburn

Texas A&M: Florida, at Tennessee

Vanderbilt: LSU, at Mississippi State

• Thanks 1

They’re not giving Arkansas any chance. They may not win a game this year 😂

Arkansas AD said after adding Georgia and Florida, giving them Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, Georgia, and Florida...

“We now have the most challenging schedule in the history of college football.”

I guess he forgot that just 1 year ago, A&M played all those same teams, accept Clemson over Florida. 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Crazy stat I heard the other day. Alabama hasn't played at Georgia since Matthew Stafford was there (2006-2008)...

Incorrect. They beat UGA 38-10 between the hedges in 2015. Beginning of the end of the Mark Richt era. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Arkansas got it bad. Alabama got it good.

BAMA has Tennessee. Arkansas has Florida. Aside from that, schedules are essentially the same. 

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Incorrect. They beat UGA 38-10 between the hedges in 2015. Beginning of the end of the Mark Richt era. 

Just in case you doubt me: