Possible 2020 SEC Schedule

Stoney

43 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s still Kentucky, they benefit from playing in the East.   Bama will roll them easily.  Tennessee is third in the East!  Woohoo.  The East has been a joke, Kentucky has been good in the East.  

my point is those are the 3 perennial powers and they all got good “draws“, while lessor teams  Didn’t.  Yes, they took care of them with the two add on games with Kentucky and mizzou

Ok, who would you prefer to see BAMA add? They already had two of the top 3 from the east on the schedule for this year. Kentucky makes it 3 of the top 4. If they added the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints, you would complain that they picked NFL teams that had a bunch of players opt out due to COVID. 

32 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok, who would you prefer to see BAMA add? They already had two of the top 3 from the east on the schedule for this year. Kentucky makes it 3 of the top 4. If they added the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints, you would complain that they picked NFL teams that had a bunch of players opt out due to COVID. 

When you’re the top dog it really don’t matter, but you got one solid half of decent football in those two games.  My comments were more directed at the Aggies here who can’t see the sec takes care of their upper teams.  Why a Bama fan is upset at my comment is beyond me.

Just look at the top 2 teams from each division heading into the season...  Just the extra 2 conf games added

west

bama - Kentucky, missouri

LSU - missouri, vandy

east

georgia - miss state, arkansas

florida - Arkansas, aTm

florida Vs. aTm is the only intriguing matchup of those.  But do you notice anything else weird about this?

247 SEC Strength of Schedule Ranking

Absurd- Arkansas

Tougher- Auburn, Vandy, South Carolina

Average- Alabama, Missouri, Ole Miss, Miss State, Kentucky, Tennessee 

Light- Texas A&M

Easy- Florida, Georgia, LSU

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Just look at the top 2 teams from each division heading into the season...  Just the extra 2 conf games added

west

bama - Kentucky, missouri

LSU - missouri, vandy

east

georgia - miss state, arkansas

florida - Arkansas, aTm

florida Vs. aTm is the only intriguing matchup of those.  But do you notice anything else weird about this?

Ok again, and I’ll type this slowly so maybe a UT fan can understand it: BAMA/ UGA was already scheduled, Assad BAMA/ Tennessee and UGA/ Auburn. That leaves those games off the table as far as add-ons. I agree that they threw LSU a bone and that Arkansas took it in the wazoo, but for each team, there are 5 potential opponents to schedule. But you’re never going to make haters happy. 

52 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok again, and I’ll type this slowly so maybe a UT fan can understand it: BAMA/ UGA was already scheduled, Assad BAMA/ Tennessee and UGA/ Auburn. That leaves those games off the table as far as add-ons. I agree that they threw LSU a bone and that Arkansas took it in the wazoo, but for each team, there are 5 potential opponents to schedule. But you’re never going to make haters happy. 

Bama vs Florida could’ve happened, LSU vs Georgia too

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I wouldn’t go light for the Aggies. Florida is improving and Tennessee finished strong . Slightly difficult plus UT is on the road.

LIGHT: Texas A&M

Texas A&M picked up Florida and Tennessee on Friday, but still come in decently below the average schedule difficulty. The Aggies do get to play seven of the league’s nine projected worse teams and do not draw Georgia or Kentucky from the East.

51 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Bama vs Florida could’ve happened, LSU vs Georgia too

So what you’re saying is that the only way a SEC champion impresses you is to beat the top 4 teams from the other division, then beat one of them again in the SECCG, then blow out OU in a national semifinal, and beat Clemson for the natty? And somehow you’re still happy with Texas making the annual pilgrimage to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Have they ever came out and said how they chose these games? Rumor was it going to be the ‘21 and ‘22 cross division games. The schedule gurus, did that happen?

I have not seen the criteria that they used. I don’t know who BAMA had scheduled for cross-division games in ‘21 or ‘22. I do know that they last played Mizzou in ‘18 and last played them on the road in ‘12. The last time BAMA played Kentucky was in ‘16 in Tuscaloosa. That may very well be who they had for cross division games the next two years. 

37 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

So what you’re saying is that the only way a SEC champion impresses you is to beat the top 4 teams from the other division, then beat one of them again in the SECCG, then blow out OU in a national semifinal, and beat Clemson for the natty? And somehow you’re still happy with Texas making the annual pilgrimage to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl? 

No, just want to see better football games on the national level.  

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

No, just want to see better football games on the national level.  

But you’re being critical of a schedule where a team is playing 5 opponents ranked in the top 13 and 2 more in the top 25? How many top 13 teams do your Horns play? Are you holding them to that same standard?

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

But you’re being critical of a schedule where a team is playing 5 opponents ranked in the top 13 and 2 more in the top 25? How many top 13 teams do your Horns play? Are you holding them to that same standard?

Your like a good attorney true, you don't ask a question without knowing the answer first.

12 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

If this is A&M's year they should finish no lower than 2nd in the west and be in a NY6 bowl. Am I correct on this @Stoney ?

If they pull off going 3-1 against Bama, LSU, Auburn and Florida, that’s possible. The odds of that happening are about the same as fall football actually happening. Possible but you don’t really feel good about it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Well, the B12 needs to step up lol. Can't leave it all up to the SEC

All conferences.  Would like to see the marquis games each week.  Conferences need to quit allowing fcs games, should have the same amount of conference games across the board, and no more than 1 mid major on schedules.  

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Preseason rankings are squat every year.  Top 13 teams?  In an inflated preseason ranking?  Geez Come on.  We’ll actually see some sec teams lose more games than they ever have too.  Those 4 oOC games have propped up many 3-5/4-4 conf records and kept teams ranked through the years.

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Preseason rankings are squat every year.  Top 13 teams?  In an inflated preseason ranking?  Geez Come on.  We’ll actually see some sec teams lose more games than they ever have too.  Those 4 oOC games have propped up many 3-5/4-4 conf records and kept teams ranked through the years.

While this is true, those 6 teams would probably be top at least in any other conference. How many Big 12 or Big 10 teams would go 10-0 with LSU’s schedule?