Trump Going To The 'Stall' As An Election Tactic?

BarryLaverty

When you can't win by going toe to toe in basketball, you can always go to a 'stall' tactic and not really play the game...Trump trying to plant seeds of fraud. Sad! 

Trump suggests delaying November election

Chris Megerian
LA Times

President Trump is trailing badly in the polls to Joe Biden, the former vice president. <span class="copyright">(Evan Vucci / Associated Press)</span>
President Trump is trailing badly in the polls to Joe Biden, the former vice president. (Evan Vucci / Associated Press)

President Trump on Thursday suggested delaying the November election as he continued to raise the false specter of widespread voting fraud.

"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???" he tweeted.

There is no evidence to support Trump's claims of voting fraud on a massive scale, and adjusting the date of the election would be difficult, if not impossible.

However, the suggestion was an alarming indication that Trump is considering ways to prolong his stay in office as the country reels from a deadly pandemic and the resulting economic crisis.

He tweeted about the election shortly after new data showed the economy shrank by a record one-third in the last quarter.

Trump has also been badly trailing in the polls behind Joe Biden, the likely Democratic candidate and former vice president.

The date of the election, which is scheduled for Nov. 3, is set by Congress, not the president. It is difficult to see the Democratic-led House agreeing to a delay.

The Constitution also sets limits on how long the president and vice president can remain in office, and their four-year term expires on Jan. 20.

Trump has previously brushed off questions about whether he was considering a delay for the election.

"The general election will happen on Nov. 3," he said April 3, before his poll numbers nosedived.

The LA Times writer doesn’t realize there’s been a shot clock implemented in the game of basketball.  If they’re that stupid why do I want to read their article.  

edit.... excuse me Barry, those were your words. You should educate yourself on basketball before you try making political analogies about the sport.  Lol

I think the election should be postponed for 4 years ... President Trump should be given his 1st term back due to the Russian collusion hoax, Ukrainian nonsense, ridiculous impeachment farce and totally dishonest media coverage the last 3+ years ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think the election should be postponed for 4 years ... President Trump should be given his 1st term back due to the Russian collusion hoax, Ukrainian nonsense, ridiculous impeachment farce and totally dishonest media coverage the last 3+ years ...

Interesting point but I think Trump wins going away anyhow. The economy will not improve until the states open back up for business and surely the people can see it is not Trump that is holding back but the dimwits

39 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Fail article. Trump isn't allowed to delay the election. That's a Congressional decision. I'm not even sure Trump could do that with an EO.

Congress cant do it either......the Constitution set the date......

48 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The LA Times writer doesn’t realize there’s been a shot clock implemented in the game of basketball.  If they’re that stupid why do I want to read their article.  

edit.... excuse me Barry, those were your words. You should educate yourself on basketball before you try making political analogies about the sport.  Lol

NOT a shock clock in high school, so get you some of that! 

20 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Congress cant do it either......the Constitution set the date......

I stand corrected. The wording of some of these sections (Article 1, Section 4) for instance, I can see how people could interpret it that way, especially when it comes to Congress.

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Interesting point but I think Trump wins going away anyhow. The economy will not improve until the states open back up for business and surely the people can see it is not Trump that is holding back but the dimwits

Yes, he's going to win .... still, I like my idea better ... 12 years of President Trump  ....

After actually reading the President’s tweet, I take it as a jab at the liberals for wanting to shut everything else down during this “pandemic”.  He posed it as a question which I took to be very sarcastic after seeing trump’s typical demeanor.  

I don't think there should be any mail in voting--anywhere. But the polls should open up on October 15--across the nation, they should be open 24/7 until midnight on the 1st Tuesday in November. Then the person with the most electoral votes will be President. 

Come on guys--voting in person is just as safe as a protest. If you can protest, you can vote in person. Otherwise, we need to arrest every person protesting from now until the election. But again, only the hypocritical democrats believe you can protest together and not spread the virus. Stupid is as stupid does. 

• Thanks 2

And to top it off, this weekend the Biden crew was out there saying that Joe shouldn't debate the President--former Clinton WH guy, New York Slime Editorial--which I am sure that Barry will parrot for us soon enough. All are trying to find a way to keep Biden off the debate stage--I have to wonder why? Considering that debates have been a wonderful thing since the Lincoln-Douglass Debates of the 1850s.