What EXACTLY do black people want from white people in America?

TTman7

On 7/31/2020 at 12:24 PM, DannyZuco said:

Your last paragraph is something that has been going on in this country for centuries. I can tell you that in a lot of the larger cities in the north--different ethnic groups lived in similar neighborhoods. My father lived in the Hungarian neighborhood of Toledo, Ohio--down the street from him the Gabor sisters lived--Jamie Farr wasn't far from them, "Tony Packos" feed the ship builders of Lake Erie, all in the Hungarian part of town. They also had an Irish section, Polish section, Italian section, and several more--but most people living in that area built ships of Lake Erie. You can still go by and see many of the land marks today--including the old neighborhoods, many families still live there. 

Is it true that all of them Polish made ships sank because they put in a screen door below the water line?😱😜😂

• LOL! 1

On 8/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, JETT said:

I don't think race is as big issue as some portrait it to be but for those who think the justice system and racism is just talk is beyond me, there's a different approach from LE towards black ppl than whites.... cause remember as a few of you smoaky members call it were "thugs" @CarthDawg77....... ive never been in trouble with law enforcement in my life but if I were to get pulled over I'd probably be discriminated against as well... im black have full sleeve tattoos on both arms i have nothing but godly stuff tattooed on my body, and I ride around with my gun on me..... I'd be honest and tell the officer I'm strapped and hed definitely take a different approach on me..... if any of you can argue this statement tour credibility is zilch...

How do you know that police officers approach whites different than blacks ?  While I have had instances with the LE not all of them are good.  Sometimes I think they do just pull people over for no reason.  I can provide an example of that when I put on my brakes because the speed limit sign changed, and I didn't see it until almost the last minute, because I was talking to the passenger next to me.  I was about to enter a work zone where the fines are doubled.  I already knew he had been behind me for at least 6 miles.  Was he tailing me, I don't know, but I set the cruise control so I wasn't speeding.  I figured as long as I'm not speeding he can't pull me over.  Then he berated me for putting on my brakes for slowing down with a 15 mile difference in the speed limit.  C'mon, just because you're behind me doesn't mean I want you to slam into the back of me or give me a ticket.  Another was my incident in Hallsville, TX when the Sheriff's deputy destroyed my car looking for drugs.  Another was for a ticket I received because my tail light was out, but I had been given a warning for another tail light being out 2 years before.  Did the Highway Patrol think I could get my car inspected for the past two years with a tail light being out ?  

As for thugs, a thug is any person of race, and the term actually started in India.  When I was growing up, and you wanted to give the impression that you were a hooligan you would be described as a thug.  Take for instance if you didn't know him, Arthur Fonzerelli would have been described as a thug , rabble rouser or maybe a rebel rouser:  

or a greaser with his leather jacket and motorcycle, but we all found out he was a good guy at heart.  There are some good thugs and some bad thugs.  I've heard the term hooligan long before it was a bunch of white guy soccer guys that wanted to cause problems if their team lost over in the U.K..    Just because the new generation has the slogan of Thug Life, does that mean it's cultural appropriation from other races as well ?  I don't think so, to me it's like tattoo's they dig the style, and want to look like that.  Tattoo's allegedly began in the South Pacific.  I think someone digs someone else's style, and they want it for their look, because they think it looks good on them.  

I'll just say this, one of the things I see with many police and average citizens conflicts that lead in death it is almost always a person that either wants to argue in a loud manner or wants to fight the police, because they were pulled over.  Think about this.  When you're in an argument with someone and it begins to get heated what happens ?  Your adrenaline kicks in, your hear races, you don't think clearly, and you react to the situation you're in.  Are the police any different than you and me, even with their training ?  I don't think so.  They can't step back take a deep breath and calm down if someone is being aggressive.  They see that as a threat.  I do still think the measures that were taken in George Floyd's case were over aggressive.  He should have went to jail as well, but he began fighting with the cops over being placed in the squad care because he was on fentanyl.  They could have restrained him another way.  There was no need for his death.  I would bet that if he wasn't using that drug, he would be living and hopefully had an epiphany from his experience to not use counterfeit money again.  

On 8/31/2020 at 9:40 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Is it true that all of them Polish made ships sank because they put in a screen door below the water line?😱😜😂

From what my dad use to say--never sail on a pollock ship--unless of course you want to visit the bottom of the lake.--My great grandfather and grandfather built ships for Lake Erie. When I was up there last--2003--for an extended period of time. We visited the county courthouse and found where several of his boats were still used on the lake. He built a lot of fishing boats--the ones that carry up to 40-50 people. I thought that was cool. But I am only up there for a day or so now--because someone has passed away--I don't get much time to spend on genealogy when I am there. 

• Like 1