Coming soon to a stadium near you...

Bclove05

21 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

A few smaller schools in East Texas only have 4 to 6 rows on the visitor side.  A utility truck with a lift would work fine at those places that have parking behind the stands. 

I’d drag my deer stand around at those smaller stadiums. Lol

I doubt schools would go for it. Liability if someone falls out. 

Back in my sports writing days, I was covering a 3A semifinal game here in Missouri, up in the Kansas City area, and the press box was absolutely full. So they kicked all the media out, and put us in a pair of cherry picker lifts on either side of the press box. Gave us a fantastic view of the game. And it really wouldn’t have been too bad, if it weren’t for the frigid cold 30mph - 40mph wind gusts all game long.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:51 PM, Eagleborn said:

I’d drag my deer stand around at those smaller stadiums. Lol

I doubt schools would go for it. Liability if someone falls out. 

At Tenaha you can stand on top of the headstones in the cemetery on the visitor side. 

24 minutes ago, randomuser said:

And what some people don’t realize, both teams, coaches, administrators, bands, cheerleaders, and referees will be counted. Then 50% of what’s left.

Just curious, but where did you read that?

2 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Just curious, but where did you read that?

I don’t think he’s correct.  I have heard it’s 50% of stadium seating capacity.  Band, flags, etc. that sit in the stands during any portion of the game will count against the 50%.  Players, coaches, cheerleaders & officials will not.

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I don’t think he’s correct.  I have heard it’s 50% of stadium seating capacity.  Band, flags, etc. that sit in the stands during any portion of the game will count against the 50%.  Players, coaches, cheerleaders & officials will not.

That's also what I have heard. I was curious if he had some literature from the UIL or something that supported his claim. It wouldn't make any sense for the coaches/cheerleaders/officials to count towards the stadium capacity. But I've been wrong plenty of times, so maybe he's got supporting evidence to backup the claim.

7 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

That's also what I have heard. I was curious if he had some literature from the UIL or something that supported his claim. It wouldn't make any sense for the coaches/cheerleaders/officials to count towards the stadium capacity. But I've been wrong plenty of times, so maybe he's got supporting evidence to backup the claim.

Just an opinion of a random user.  😂

Marching bands, drill teams and others participating in the event will count toward capacity. Every other row of seats must be skipped, and seating must be blocked off to maintain a minimum of 6-feet between groups, according to the UIL guidelines.

https://www.kltv.com/2020/07/21/fans-fall-sports-will-include-face-coverings-limited-stadium-capacity/

40 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Marching bands, drill teams and others participating in the event will count toward capacity. Every other row of seats must be skipped, and seating must be blocked off to maintain a minimum of 6-feet between groups, according to the UIL guidelines.

https://www.kltv.com/2020/07/21/fans-fall-sports-will-include-face-coverings-limited-stadium-capacity/

Any idea where they got the information for that story? Because UIL's site, insofar as I have read, does not make mention of that little nuance. It speaks to spectators having to stay 10-feet away from bands where wind instruments are played. It makes sense for the band and drill team to be counted towards the 50% capacity, as they spend a lot of time in the bleachers. But players/coaches/officials/cheerleaders do not. And I can't find anything specifically outlining that particular nuance of the 50% rule. Perhaps I've just missed it.

https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/covid-19/2020-2021-uil-covid-19-risk-mitigation-guidelines

9 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Any idea where they got the information for that story? Because UIL's site, insofar as I have read, does not make mention of that little nuance. It speaks to spectators having to stay 10-feet away from bands where wind instruments are played. It makes sense for the band and drill team to be counted towards the 50% capacity, as they spend a lot of time in the bleachers. But players/coaches/officials/cheerleaders do not. And I can't find anything specifically outlining that particular nuance of the 50% rule. Perhaps I've just missed it.

https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/covid-19/2020-2021-uil-covid-19-risk-mitigation-guidelines

I agree with you Dotcom.  I think it was an assumption by KLTV.  The guidelines make distinctions between game or contest participants and student groups not directly involved in the game or contest.  I haven’t found anything in the guidelines that specifically states the players, coaches & officials would count towards occupancy.

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Well yeah because they will be in the stands in most cases. That makes sense, but players, refs, and coaches counting to the capacity is silly. Stadium capacity means how many seats are available for fans only. In high school, it accounts for bands and anyone else that is taking a seat. 

16 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Honestly if you’re aren’t essential personal aka radio/ coaches players ect , actual parents , Or folks like band / drill team ect then I wouldn’t expect to attend a game. I hope I am wrong but will have lot of radio time. I wonder how some play by play guys stick around with the new pressure lol. 

Radio? Tons of games will be live streamed this season. 

17 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Honestly if you’re aren’t essential personal aka radio/ coaches players ect , actual parents , Or folks like band / drill team ect then I wouldn’t expect to attend a game. I hope I am wrong but will have lot of radio time. I wonder how some play by play guys stick around with the new pressure lol. 

Perhaps, but that's not what UIL has stated so far. Right now they've even included visiting teams' bands, drill teams, media, etc.

3 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Perhaps, but that's not what UIL has stated so far. Right now they've even included visiting teams' bands, drill teams, media, etc.

I’m willing to bet a lot of bands/drill teams/etc.... won’t travel. 

4 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Some schools have already decided not to bring bands, drill teams, etc. to away games.  I’m guessing it is due to additional bus requirements/expense to meet social distancing protocols, as well as additional requirements/expense for meals.

No I hear you, I'm just saying the UIL hasn't said outright that you can't take band/drill team/cheerleaders. I totally understand that visiting schools may not want to send those crews on the road.

Play-by-play radio guys, or anyone who might be involved with streaming, however, will almost certainly attend. I don't think those types would count towards the stadium capacity. Some play-by-play might be relegated to on-field this season, though, as to not crowd the pressboxes.

Most “stadium capacity” numbers are for what the stands will hold.  If they include players, coaches, refs into what is counted as attending, then the 120 yard football field and area around it may up the capacity number.