Coming soon to a stadium near you...

Bclove05

9 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Just curious, but where did you read that?

I didn’t read it. Our AD told us. Granted I’m in DFW and not East Texas but our AD said what I stated in my post. I’m not 100% sure if it came from the UIL, district or county but it holds true for us in Burleson ISD.

13 hours ago, randomuser said:

I didn’t read it. Our AD told us. Granted I’m in DFW and not East Texas but our AD said what I stated in my post. I’m not 100% sure if it came from the UIL, district or county but it holds true for us in Burleson ISD.

That's interesting. I guess, for me, it doesn't make any sense for the on-field participants to count towards stadium capacity. They never count towards stadium capacity. If you're counting band/drill team as part of the 50% then I can understand that, but why are you counting people as sitting in the bleachers when they will clearly not be sitting in the bleachers?

I also wonder if stadiums with separate bleachers/seating for the bands will still count that towards the 50%

31 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Surprised they don’t do temperature checks . Social distancing maybe a good idea with those fans that think they know but really do not know the game. 

Some will do temperature checks I’m sure. 

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Some will do temperature checks I’m sure. 

I imagine so. Some of the more affluent schools will probably even have the infrared temp scanners at the gate that record your temperature as you walk through. We've just ordered some of those for our school district.

2 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

That's interesting. I guess, for me, it doesn't make any sense for the on-field participants to count towards stadium capacity. They never count towards stadium capacity. If you're counting band/drill team as part of the 50% then I can understand that, but why are you counting people as sitting in the bleachers when they will clearly not be sitting in the bleachers?

I also wonder if stadiums with separate bleachers/seating for the bands will still count that towards the 50%

If a school rents or buys more seating to put bands or dance teams behind the end zone, your capacity goes up so it should allow for more fans. I’m still trying to figure out how participants on the field count toward seating capacity. They are thinking in terms of fire code capacity I guess. Lol

2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If a school rents or buys more seating to put bands or dance teams behind the end zone, your capacity goes up so it should allow for more fans. I’m still trying to figure out how participants on the field count toward seating capacity. They are thinking in terms of fire code capacity I guess. Lol

I’ve been wondering the same. You could move the band and drill team to the fields. You could also add bleacher seating in end zones. These are all things I want to see in Gladewater on the 27th so I have a good chance of getting in 😂. That or just go ahead and move it to Lobo 

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

I’ve been wondering the same. You could move the band and drill team to the fields. You could also add bleacher seating in end zones. These are all things I want to see in Gladewater on the 27th so I have a good chance of getting in 😂. That or just go ahead and move it to Lobo 

I’ve heard Gladewater’s band won’t be in the stands. 

18 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I don’t understand the season ticket part. They only going to allow a certain amount into the stands and everyone else standing?

If I understand that right, season ticket holders will still have season tickets but seating is first come first serve. No assigned seats. 

17 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I don’t understand the season ticket part. They only going to allow a certain amount into the stands and everyone else standing?

They are basically telling their fan base - if you want to see us play Argyle and Carthage, you are also paying to see us play North Lamar and L-E, whether you come to the last 2 or not. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

If I understand that right, season ticket holders will still have season tickets but seating is first come first serve. No assigned seats. 

Yeah that makes sense. I was frustrated about our 2 ticket per household rule for our district. I have 3 kids so it stinks. 

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

Yeah that makes sense. I was frustrated about our 2 ticket per household rule for our district. I have 3 kids so it stinks. 

I think there’s more to that. Two tickets don’t make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I think there’s more to that. Two tickets don’t make sense. 

I don’t know how they would enforce it to be honest. I imagine families with kids participating would get first dibs at tickets. 

If I were school admin trying to make as much money on tickets as we can at 50% I would set up bleachers on both side of the end zone out of the stadium capacity for the home and away bands. This would open up the "actually stadium capacity" to just fans and the bands would count toward it anymore. Then you could get more fans in the stands.