Trump To Ban TikTok?

BarryLaverty

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why is that? 

China has been sneakily acquiring power and leverage thru economic and military means by stealing technology and being overall bad actors from an economic standpoint. It’s time to divest from them and let them try and make it on there own before another war breaks out and they are actually big enough to be a problem.  Currency manipulation, intellectual property theft, owning massive amounts of our debt, all bad things. We are so in twined with them that our stock market crash’s because of them. None of this sounds like the communist we should be involved with. China is more of a threat to us than Russia was during the Cold War. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

China has been sneakily acquiring power and leverage thru economic and military means by stealing technology and being overall bad actors from an economic standpoint. It’s time to divest from them and let them try and make it on there own before another war breaks out and they are actually big enough to be a problem.  Currency manipulation, intellectual property theft, owning massive amounts of our debt, all bad things. We are so in twined with them that our stock market crash’s because of them. None of this sounds like the communist we should be involved with. China is more of a threat to us than Russia was during the Cold War. Just my two cents.

Rebuttal @BarryLaverty ? You started the troll thread.

Mu usual trouble posting memes.   Barry hacked my iPad, the scoundrel.

So Barry is moonlighting as a car salesman.   Customer comes in & Barry is showing him a car.   Customer says, Cargo space?   Barry responds, Car no do that.  Car go road.

:rofl: 

Actually, both of my daughters have that app. I believe it is a bigger waste of time than anything else. While some of the music and lyrics are vulgar--which we have talked to our daughters about, most of it IS NOT informative, just people doing stupid stuff. We already have enough of that, but now they can do it in front of a camera, which is even stupider. I believe that India might have already cut off the app to their country. I do believe that the Chinese would NOT like us to cut it off, because it is a way for them to influence out youngsters, plus it is easier to hack people's accounts than other methods. 

BTW--we have restricted out daughter's time on the app--can't have their phones at the dinner table--ever. And because we are poor--we cook and eat most of our meals at our home. It is a lot healthier--except when we decide to fry something--but I usually do that about 1 time a week and outside--so it doesn't stink up the house. LOL. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:31 AM, BarryLaverty said:

Says he is gonna do so...censorship of a platform that is responsible for a lot of pain to him or national security? 

You haven't a clue how sneaky and corrupt the CCP is.

Everyone who has Tik Tok on their phone has given the Chinese government all the information that is stored on it.

9 hours ago, mellon said:

You haven't a clue how sneaky and corrupt the CCP is.

Everyone who has Tik Tok on their phone has given the Chinese government all the information that is stored on it.

You do the same with every game on YouTube, plus they can access your friends list.  We have many computer products that are manufactured in China, and the MSS has the same if not greater capabilities as the FBI and CIA combined.  The MSS is able to spy on American citizens with the app.  While they are not gaining any State secrets, I'm sure they are laughing at how weak Americans are today.  I doubt if they would worry about a "Red Dawn" type situation should they invade today.  Kid's today don't subscribe to Soldier of Fortune magazine since it went out of business in 2016, but we did back in the 70's and 80's.