Can You Smell What The XFL Is Cookin’?

He's either going to make some money on it or lose it all.  We don't even know if the NFL is going to be able to complete the season or when the scare is going to end to allow for sports.  The XFL would not be able to make it without fans in the stands.  I'd like to know all the details of this deal, because I know the XFL and their teams owe money to people still.  Even if McMahon and the team owners are still responsible for the debt all he's done is bought for the name and the teams names.  

The first thought I had when I read about this guy buying the XFL was; what a treasure trove of athletes will be available to the league because of the Covid shortened NFL season. There are going to be many good athletes available because NFL teams can only carry  80 not 90 players in pre season. . But, mainely the shortened pre season will not give some good players a chance to get enough reps to prove themselves. All the XFL has to do is allow fans in the stadiums without masks and all the nonsense that goes with it and the fans will come. They proved that last year.

Keep the politics out of the league, and they will do well. This country is starving for good sports entertainment without the politics that ruin it for everybody.

Play Ball🏈

• 3 weeks later...

A smart man would listen to me.  

partner with the NFL in some form or another where you get the league’s support.  Make it an 18-24 yr old league.  Give elite college athletes a reason to opt out of college and possibly make $100k a year and still get drafted into the NFL (think NBA G League).  Play by the same rules, but let your draw be flashy jerseys, great analysts and maybe even an all-access weekly/daily show on ESPN.  The players need to be your stars, not your coaches 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

A smart man would listen to me.  

partner with the NFL in some form or another where you get the league’s support.  Make it an 18-24 yr old league.  Give elite college athletes a reason to opt out of college and possibly make $100k a year and still get drafted into the NFL (think NBA G League).  Play by the same rules, but let your draw be flashy jerseys, great analysts and maybe even an all-access weekly/daily show on ESPN.  The players need to be your stars, not your coaches 

It all comes down to QB play for me. If they can get some young QBs who can come in and light it up, that will draw eye balls to the game. Offense sells. 

It should be a small (8-10 teams) league with a small (8-10 games) schedule. It’s just long enough to draw interest but still short enough to give the players a chance at making the NFL training camps. 

A development deal with the NFL would be huge. If Dallas drafted a o-lineman with a day 3 pick (4th-7th round) who wasn’t good enough to make the main roster, wouldn’t really get the reps needed on the practice squad, they could place him on the their XFL squad. He gets reps. Dallas gets to see what he has against NFL lite competition.