Just Think

osup116

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Maybe so. John sure sounds like he was describing America. Why was it described as land not yet known when Rome was in full swing then? Sure hope you’re right though

Go see the study on Revelation in the religion forum...   

Guys, people have been predicting the end of times for over 2000 years. I will make a safe bet that it won't happen prior to 2024--but ya'll can condemn me if I am wrong about that. And I will take responsibility for my actions in saying that it probably won't happen. 

27 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

We could demand payment for bailing them out in WW2. Better yet we could build let the Japs have a standing army again and build it up. Those Japs were some fighting sons of guns. China and N Korea would no longer pose a threat if Japan got its teeth back. 

I see this as a dangerous trail to go down. What’s to say we do this and then China, Korea & Japan band together as one & come knocking at our doorstep? Although not likely, I don’t see it as beyond a possibility.

13 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Never happen. The Japanese feel they are far superior to everyone in that region. Especially Koreans and the Chinese. I know it’s terrible to say, but I’ve never understood that. They all look the same. Again I know that’s terrible to say. 

Some might think you & I are racists, because I agree with you about how they “look”....

On 8/7/2020 at 7:06 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Danny won’t anyone be condemning you. If I knew you I’d give a high five or elbow bump. Not like I’m hoping for it. I just take the Bible to be literal. That’s all. We just won’t judge each other. From your post we have a lot more in common than vice versa. 

I understand that you take the bible literally--that is the problem with most people, especially East Texas--where I grew up I'll remind everyone. 

But to take the bible literally--you have to understand that there are contradictions in it. Especially the Old Testament. But even in the New Testament, you have to understand that it is a historical road map, presented by the Roman Catholic Church--who's main goal was and is to control the masses. 

I am very anti-catholic church--not the people who worship, but the Church itself--They are always asking for people to help one another, feed the poor--but they have artwork in the Vatican they could sell and feed some nations for a decade, but they don't--they keep asking others to do the helping, while they continue to hoard. So while I have read the bible several times over, taking it literally--well that is a personal choice. But I will get you a high five-- better yet a 🤜 bump. LOL. 

54 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I understand that you take the bible literally--that is the problem with most people, especially East Texas--where I grew up I'll remind everyone. 

But to take the bible literally--you have to understand that there are contradictions in it. Especially the Old Testament. But even in the New Testament, you have to understand that it is a historical road map, presented by the Roman Catholic Church--who's main goal was and is to control the masses. 

I am very anti-catholic church--not the people who worship, but the Church itself--They are always asking for people to help one another, feed the poor--but they have artwork in the Vatican they could sell and feed some nations for a decade, but they don't--they keep asking others to do the helping, while they continue to hoard. So while I have read the bible several times over, taking it literally--well that is a personal choice. But I will get you a high five-- better yet a 🤜 bump. LOL. 

There is not one single contradiction anywhere in The Bible....... And there are literal and figurative passages......thats why the Holy Spirit said the following:

2 Timothy 2:15 English Standard Version (ESV)

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

There is not one single contradiction anywhere in The Bible....... And there are literal and figurative passages......thats why the Holy Spirit said the following:

Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13

Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side. and slay every man his brother…companion…neighbor. Exodus 32:27

Man that doesn't sound like a contradiction at all. I am amazed at what a literal and figurative passage means. 

Thou shalt NOT KILL--seems pretty straightforward to me--you are not allowed to kill. 

But then 12 chapters later--Put every man his sword by his side and SLAY every man his brother....companion....neighbor? Doesn't SLAY mean KILL? or is he talking about a sleigh ride and they just misspelled the word? 

While I understand that many believe strictly in the bible--it was put together by a church of men--of leaders that wanted to control the masses--whether you want to admit it or not. While there are some very good stories and history with the bible--we have to remember that through man, supposedly god made a bible for us to read--whose to say that those men didn't change up some of the meanings of the words. Isn't that Called free will. 

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. —Romans 10:13

Thought I'd throw in a little New Testament also. 

The proper meaning in exodus is not to commit MURDER.....in exodus 32 they were administering CAPITAL PUNISHMENT which is not murder.....no contradiction there.....

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was defined in the same chapter as the warning.......those who committed that act would NEVER call on the name of the Lord so there is no forgiveness for them......no contradiction here either.......

Try again.......