Beirut Explosion

CarthDawg77

Wow!! Devastating!! 

In 2003, a terrorist suicide truck-bomb attacked an Italian military compound in Nasiriyah, Iraq. I was stationed at Tallil Air Base at that time, and it's approximately 15 miles from Nasiriyah. When the bomb went off, we felt (pretty intensely) the shock wave of the BOOM. Hard to accurately describe that sensation and feeling. It was crazy, and something I'll never forget. 

This explosion in Beirut reminded me of that. Can't imagine that shock wave up close. 

4 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Just found this on the internet, so it must be true.  lol

Tim McVeigh OK City bombing - 2T nitrate

West, TX explosion accident - 27T nitrate

Lebanon explosion accident - 50T nitrate

All Muslims....

• LOL! 1

25 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Didn't know Tim McVeigh converted.  

West - They think it was an employee who died in the explosion who set the fire.  However, that would be an easy escapegoat.   Of course all evidence was destroyed in the blast.  

Lee Harvey Oswald did it....😳😜

19 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

This was like the explosion in the town of West ( North of Waco ) a few years ago.  I don't know which one was bigger, but same material that exploded.  

When West happened, I live about 35 miles away, and it shook my house and rattled my windows. I thought earthquake or actually highway crash at first. Where I live, I also heard when the space shuttle Columbia exploded. Kinda weird being in the epicenter of strange and terrible explosions, while in the middle of nowhere! 

22 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

When West happened, I live about 35 miles away, and it shook my house and rattled my windows. I thought earthquake or actually highway crash at first. Where I live, I also heard when the space shuttle Columbia exploded. Kinda weird being in the epicenter of strange and terrible explosions, while in the middle of nowhere! 

Middle of nowhere? That’s gods country over there!

19 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’ve seen old pictures of Beirut. It was an amazing city just a few decades ago. 

Not in 1983 it wasn't, I still remember that attack on our troops.  

I think this was an accident waiting to happen.  They should have already detonated those fireworks.  The worst place to keep them was at the port.  My grandfather died in the Texas City Disaster and the ammonium nitrate on the SS Grandcamp was lit by only a cigarette.  That was only 2300 tons.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

Not in 1983 it wasn't, I still remember that attack on our troops.  

I think this was an accident waiting to happen.  They should have already detonated those fireworks.  The worst place to keep them was at the port.  My grandfather died in the Texas City Disaster and the ammonium nitrate on the SS Grandcamp was lit by only a cigarette.  That was only 2300 tons.  

Dang, Dave; Sorry for your loss.🙏✝️❤️