Beirut Explosion

CarthDawg77

38 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

It was more of a loss for my Momma, she was 15 at the time.  When you never knew someone you feel no pain.  

True. My Grandfather died in April, 1957,& I was born in May, 1959. I was named after him. Still wish I would have had the chance to know him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I meant before the terrorist took over. Was called the Paris of the Middle East I think. 

Tony Bramwell who was the CEO of Apple Records stated the same.  I saw a video last night that it appears a missile hit it, but I think it was doctored with this video.  What I don't understand is why were so many people filming this one spot in Beirut ?  Did they know it was going to happen ? I can see maybe a handful of people, after the initial explosion, but some were before.  This made me think maybe something was planned.  

55 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Tony Bramwell who was the CEO of Apple Records stated the same.  I saw a video last night that it appears a missile hit it, but I think it was doctored with this video.  What I don't understand is why were so many people filming this one spot in Beirut ?  Did they know it was going to happen ? I can see maybe a handful of people, after the initial explosion, but some were before.  This made me think maybe something was planned.  

Well, they did have that initial explosion to peak their curiosity prior to the “big enchilada”; That could account for the various angles.

If it was like West, then it was incompetence and a lack of oversight of the safe storage of those kind of materials. If so, I would bet more will be done to fix that than was done in West. Texas has very little concern about inspections and safety traditionally to do with hazardous materials, trusting companies to do the right thing. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Well, they did have that initial explosion to peak their curiosity prior to the “big enchilada”; That could account for the various angles.

Some of them didn't.  They were just filming the direction of the warehouse or at the warehouse itself.  I don't speak Arabic, but it sounded like some were celebrating.  

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

If it was like West, then it was incompetence and a lack of oversight of the safe storage of those kind of materials. If so, I would bet more will be done to fix that than was done in West. Texas has very little concern about inspections and safety traditionally to do with hazardous materials, trusting companies to do the right thing. 

I assure you that 99% of all companies want their sites as safe as possible.  They don't want to have to pay for wrongful death and other lawsuits that will come their way, unless they are on the brink of bankruptcy in the first place.  This was Lebanon, and I don't know what safety protocols the company had or the Lebanon for that matter.  I will say whoever owned it is going to be paying out millions if not billions of pounds to the victims families and those injured.  There only hope is that it was attacked by a missile, but I don't think that happened.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I assure you that 99% of all companies want their sites as safe as possible.  They don't want to have to pay for wrongful death and other lawsuits that will come their way, unless they are on the brink of bankruptcy in the first place.  This was Lebanon, and I don't know what safety protocols the company had or the Lebanon for that matter.  I will say whoever owned it is going to be paying out millions if not billions of pounds to the victims families and those injured.  There only hope is that it was attacked by a missile, but I don't think that happened.  

www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/energy-environment/2020/08/06/379330/chemical-in-beirut-explosion-was-also-behind-two-texas-disasters/amp/