UConn Cancels 2020 Football Season

Stoney

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Wasn’t that the rumor? They were heading back down? 

They were until the late 90's. I want to say I remember hearing Edsall has a provision in his contract that UConn remain FBS as long as he is coach. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Covid is a convenient excuse. UConn never been good. The year they went to the orange bowl they cost them $$$$ . If this was really a concern you would see way more programs doing this. Getting rid of your money maker the only sport in most cases that makes money is ridiculous and financially stupid.

Women's basketball is their money maker.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Covid is a convenient excuse. UConn never been good. The year they went to the orange bowl they cost them $$$$ . If this was really a concern you would see way more programs doing this. Getting rid of your money maker the only sport in most cases that makes money is ridiculous and financially stupid.

I'd say UConn's women's basketball team is their moneymaker with 11 National Championships.  Their men's team has also won two National Championships in the past 10 years.  I think this is going to hurt them in the long run, unless the entire NCAA season is over.  It took SMU so long to get out of the basement after receiving the death penalty.  I could be wrong, because it didn't hurt UAB with their football program.