New Names Choosen for TISD Schools

HSBRangers

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just an outsider's opinion. 

So Lee's identity/name was totally taken away. And John TYLER was just changed to TYLER High? So only "John" was removed? How did that change anything regarding those "racist" ties? Makes no frick'n sense to me. Can somebody explain the reasoning for leaving it? Should ALL be changed or none, imo. 

🐂💩

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just an outsider's opinion. 

So Lee's identity/name was totally taken away. And John TYLER was just changed to TYLER High? So only "John" was removed? How did that change anything regarding those "racist" ties? Makes no frick'n sense to me. Can somebody explain the reasoning for leaving it? Should ALL be changed or none, imo. 

🐂💩

Lee identity is the same, and the name is different. 

I guess since Lee was always referred to as Tyler Lee, Tyler Legacy kinda sounds the same, plus it keeps same initials.  Outside of East Texas, alot of people refer to JT as Tyler High. 

Its going to take some time to get use to, but thats life.  Change is inevitable. 

• Like 4

So I will have a episode on my first podcast about the name changes with all my thoughts but my thing with this all is we who live in or from Tyler have known its history for years my sister went to lee in the 90s and many other African American students all the parents knew the history of robert e lee then but still sent there kids to the school John Tyler the same  We got over the names .jt pretty much embraced that name And the school has been majority’s black students for years now . History is history a lot of people owned slaves back then the people on our money has done shady things but we still use the same money. It shouldn’t take people dying and people rioting to finally change something I feel like we just riding the wave of what everybody else is doing now if this talk would happen let’s say 10 or 15 years ago it been different to some I’m cool with the names but a lot of people I see on my Facebook post now thinks lee name is standing out more that Tyler high and they mad about that now so u can’t please everybody they wanted the change now they got it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

So I will have a episode on my first podcast about the name changes with all my thoughts but my thing with this all is we who live in or from Tyler have known its history for years my sister went to lee in the 90s and many other African American students all the parents knew the history of robert e lee then but still sent there kids to the school John Tyler the same  We got over the names .jt pretty much embraced that name And the school has been majority’s black students for years now . History is history a lot of people owned slaves back then the people on our money has done shady things but we still use the same money. It shouldn’t take people dying and people rioting to finally change something I feel like we just riding the wave of what everybody else is doing now if this talk would happen let’s say 10 or 15 years ago it been different to some I’m cool with the names but a lot of people I see on my Facebook post now thinks lee name is standing out more that Tyler high and they mad about that now so u can’t please everybody they wanted the change now they got it

JT has been majority Hispanic for years now. Matter of fact Tisd is mostly Hispanic. 

• LOL! 1